Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2013   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Arian Foster (season ending back surgery)

I haven't heard much chatter about Foster the past couple days, but I have to say my opinion of him has fallen. The past two games he has taken himself out of the game after just four carries and one carry, respectively. I'm sure his hamstring, back, and calf are all really sore, but if they're that bad, he should never have taken an active roster spot. Meanwhile, Tate is out there gutting it up with broken ribs.

People used to ding Mario by saying he didn't try enough. But he went out there and played in the trenches every down against the largest guys on the field with all sorts of injuries. Hell, he played an entire season with plantar fasciitis, which I know personally leaves you crippled. He may not have played particularly well with those maladies, but he went out there.

And what was the general consensus when Colt McCoy pulled himself out of the national championship game? It wasn't that he was a tough gamer, I can tell you that.
Old 11-05-2013   #2
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4127 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

In my personal experience, back and leg injuries are way more movement limiting than cracked ribs.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I short his stock?

...any put options out there?

To me, it just feels like he's given up. He's stopped taking football seriously, and he's more invested in his career as a celebrity.
Old 11-05-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think like others who have come back without healing it has led to further injury and this includes Foster. I would think it is difficult to return in 2 weeks from hamstring and that could have led to back injury. I think I read/heard somewhere that back was hurt "again". Of so, not sure how this is player's fault?
Old 11-05-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

As I recall Dr CND predicted compensating injuries for Arian. From about the 2nd half of the 2nd game he looked like his old self, but then injuries again...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm torn on this one, as I'm giving Arian the benefit of the doubt here. If he had busted ribs, then I'd expect him to get the shot like Tate did and be out there.

But with Arian and this hamstring of his . . I mentioned to my wife when they announced that he was playing, "Why is he even suiting up so soon, he's just going to tweak it again". They said it was his back this time, but I'm sure it's hammy related.

He did something bad to his hamstring in a workout before training camp, in which I get the feeling needs surgical correction. They're 2-6. Put him on IR and get it done.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know.. leg muscles and the back are pretty important to a RBs ability to play. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt right now.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013   #8
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach ran him into the ground last year.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The question I have is how he was cleared to play in the first place. He had only one carry where he wasn't hit too hard and he doesn't play another down. Was he not tested extensively before the game? And this was coming after a game where you had no healthy RB's available.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Maybe so but he had the whole off season and missed all OTA'a and training camp in order to recover.

I think Arian's heart is in other pursuits now.

Old 11-05-2013   #11
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 6583 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he just flat out quit on the team
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure how I feel about this recent run of events, but I do know that I've never been really trusting of him overall. I always thought he had too much weirdo/philosophical douche/etc in him, somewhat similar to what happened to Ricky Williams' running away from football.

I hope it's just injuries, but I've always had this feeling about him.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's mostly injuries that are holding him back, and it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who looks at the history of RBs with 400+ touches in their previous year. At this point, I would give Arian at least 4 weeks off, and figure out what we have in guys like Dennis Johnson, who could be our #2 RB next year. I think a 1-2 punch of Foster and Johnson could be enough for the 2014 Texans, and it could reduce our RB priority in the draft. Get Dennis up to speed on pass protections, and he could be a nice, cheap #2.
Old 11-05-2013   #14
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Bingo!!! When you got a playcaller like Kubiak and a qb like Schaub it ruins other keys players that have to be twice as great to make up for the weak links BS so I don't even blame Foster. Glad this team is finally forced to address their real issues.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the same guy who was visibly upset about being taken out of the game earlier this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-subbed-out

I'd rather have him take himself out of a game than pretend he's healthy and only get 2 yards per carry.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #16
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
I think he just flat out quit on the team
I think you already didn't like him to begin with. Can't be serious... what grounds do you have to believe that?
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #17
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should shut him down for the rest of the year, and let him heal up and be ready for 2014. As excited as I am about Keenum, we aren't going to the playoffs this year. As someone stated, we need to see if Johnson is a viable #2 back...I thought he flashed some potential on Sunday night.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #18
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 3093 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

I seem to recall his his initial injury in pre season was a result of him over doing the weight training in the gym.

Is this what a person does when they don't care about playing?
Tearstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think it's mostly injuries that are holding him back, and it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who looks at the history of RBs with 400+ touches in their previous year. At this point, I would give Arian at least 4 weeks off, and figure out what we have in guys like Dennis Johnson, who could be our #2 RB next year. I think a 1-2 punch of Foster and Johnson could be enough for the 2014 Texans, and it could reduce our RB priority in the draft. Get Dennis up to speed on pass protections, and he could be a nice, cheap #2.
This is how I perceive it, as well. RBs are known to have short NFL lives due to the nature of the position and the workload put on them.

Dude is human and his body will reflect the wear and tear put on it.

I cannot judge the man's heart or say that I know what he's thinking. But, he sure ran his ass off after getting paid, and that is usually somewhat of an indicator into the insight of a player's mentality.

And I agree with Dutch on putting a fork in this season and let Foster some time to heal. I think the guy still has some football left in him, so no use wasting it on this season.
Old 11-05-2013   #20
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 6583 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
I think you already didn't like him to begin with. Can't be serious... what grounds do you have to believe that?
I based it on his attitude and body language. Dont know why his back didnt get aggravated during practice, Gary always said he had a good day, etc. And the whole team luncheon incident made him look like a real Jerk off in my eyes.
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read