Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Not that I'm a troglodyte but,

Having a man pay $15,000 and not letting him go on the trip to Vegas is taking it too far.
So the hazing went too far. Then you throw in a huge BUT --

Quote:
This was an important season for the Dolphins, they spent alot of $$$$ in FA and trading up in the draft. This season was important enough to Martin for him to show up for OTA's. This was probably 1 reason why nobody respected Martin on the Dolphins. Including Management/Coaches/Teammates and the reason Martin felt likehe had nobody to complain too.
Or maybe he missed OTAs because he felt like no one on his TEAM had his back, and in fact were siding with Incognito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I personally am not excusing Incognito, he's crazy and a POS, I hope he never gets to see another football field again.

- the voicemail incognito left was over the top, but I do believe that missing OTA's would get you called out by other players, I'm willing to bet Incognito was not the only one to text/call Martin for missing OTAs.
You people and your BUT fetishes .... When someone does something wrong that precipitates a response, you don't say "yeah, he was wrong BUT". You just say he was wrong and recognize that the results are dependent upon that wrong. And again, the guy missed OTAs because of the hazing. The hazing didn't start because he missed OTAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I have not seen any data on why Martin missed OTA's if this was the case and he had exhausted all other options then so be it. I feel though that there is more going on than we've seen though, we only have one side of the story and it's damning no doubt, but the NFL is a high pressure place that some people can't take the pressure.

Not every job is right for every person.
So the job is only right for the Incognitos of the world? Or just the people who can put up with the Incognitos of the world? God save us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read