Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #41
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Technically we wasted a 2nd and a 4th since we traded up for him.
It was a 3rd and 5th for the 2nd we used on Brandon Harris. Bust.
Old 11-04-2013   #42
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keshawn Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Technically we wasted a 2nd and a 4th since we traded up for him.
Man, I knew we traded up to get him but damn, I didn't remember it being with a 4th. This team has drafted so many CB's and not a single one has been worth a crap besides Kareem and he was a 1st rounder. Why has it been impossible for this team to draft corners and defensive tackles and really, LB's outside of the first round since its inception? Freaking mind-boggling.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #43
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yeah, you're right; but Allen played the easiest schedule of the three.
But Allen is also doing it without an elite WR playing with him to draw defensive attention.
Old 11-04-2013   #44
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Man, I knew we traded up to get him but damn, I didn't remember it being with a 4th. This team has drafted so many CB's and not a single one has been worth a crap besides Kareem and he was a 1st rounder. Why has it been impossible for this team to draft corners and defensive tackles and really, LB's outside of the first round since its inception? Freaking mind-boggling.
Well...your memory is really good. See my post right above yours. Source: 2011 Draft Trades
Old 11-04-2013   #45
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Harris has gotten a fair chance in games. What I saw from him last year he looked better than McCain to me. Yeah he had some penalties, but all our corners do. He hasn't played much.
I think if he played more he could develop into a solid player, but for some reason the team has decided they want to keep running Brice out there. It's been past time to start exploring other options. We shouldn't have even re signed McCain.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #46
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris was absolutely terrible every time he got on the field. Guy was a penalty machine.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #47
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think Harris has gotten a fair chance in games. What I saw from him last year he looked better than McCain to me. Yeah he had some penalties, but all our corners do. He hasn't played much.
I think if he played more he could develop into a solid player, but for some reason the team has decided they want to keep running Brice out there. It's been past time to start exploring other options. We shouldn't have even re signed McCain.
I agree, I get why his rookie year as McCain was faster and playing like a Pro Bowl cb at the slot position. But McCain for going on two seasons has usually been most memorable trailing behind plays where he is burnt or is out of position and the opposing receiver drops the ball. Harris is often called crap but he plays with an edge, which last 2 seasons where he when finally getting minutes on the defensive side as a last resort he would sometimes make mistakes and his haters will get more fuel.

All that being said, while I think Wade does favor known vets more, I can't believe Harris still hasn't beat out McCain, which goes to show some of his issues are probably his own fault or going out on a tangent, Marciano's coaching him to play special teams has ruined him like so many other players in its own special way.

Back on topic, I'm glad they are cutting back on Martin's duties, the man's injury and his own lack of pass catching ability was making him a liability.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #48
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Get rid of the fat kicker too
Put the fat kicker back to receive and take a knee every KO and we'd be 172.6% better on ST.
Old 11-05-2013   #49
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash View Post
Cut: Martin, Bullock, Schaub/Yates, Sharpton, McCain, and Reed.

For various cap and performance reasons.

Bulk up: ILB, CB, FS, TE, O/D Lines

Swearinger has potential at SS
What's wrong with Yates as QB2?
Old 11-06-2013   #50
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in terms of returing isn't he like kinda leading the league on yards I don't think he is has bad at is seems could be better tho maybe if he had better blocking and no JOe coaching the ST

I wish tho he could be more of Undernearth wes welker type on O
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #51
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

we've had some spectacular anchors this year, keyshawn being one of them. schaub, ed reed, newton, and the fat aggie rounding out the mess. if these guys had simply not sucked we'd probably be in pretty good shape right now. as it is, we've got a good team that has been crushed by the bad play of a handful of guys. thankfully there's a pretty good chance none will be playing next year. schaub's already done, the kicker is out this week, ed reed will definitely be cut, netwon's getting replaced by williams or quess or draft, and we'll have another late rounder to return kicks and maybe actually provide something on offense.

i'm writing this season off as a fluke. i just cant believe it any other way. we have a roster that can win 10-12 games. we have coaches who can win 10-12 games. and yet we've crashed hard because of the ineptitude of a few players and some horrid luck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read