Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #61
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This will be unpopular, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
So would a Gruden hire.
I just don't get it!
Old 11-04-2013   #62
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The OP summed up in one picture:

Old 11-04-2013   #63
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This. This is Chances chance to show us if he has what it takes to become our QB of the future.
Jeez, already giving Case's job away? I thought he did pretty well.
Old 11-04-2013   #64
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So would a Gruden hire.
Kubiak's offense has been .... Dynamic since Keenum took over at QB. Lets see how they finish the season together before we go looking for coaches.

Either way , I don't want Gruden , all he did was take Dungy's team to a superbowl.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #65
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So would a Gruden hire.
NO! to Chuckie. Not just no but really NO!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #66
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Don't want Schaub back. Ever. Even if they play a conservative game plan, Keenum can still release the ball quicker and throw it better. Even if it's just dumping off for five yards.
Bring back the horse and buggy...wait that gives me idea. Schaub can play in the Amish league.
Old 11-04-2013   #67
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Kubiak's offense has been .... Dynamic since Keenum took over at QB. Lets see how they finish the season together before we go looking for coaches.

Either way , I don't want Gruden , all he did was take Dungy's team to a superbowl.
We've seen more than enough of Kubiak to know that he should be gone.

8 years as head coach with only 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances?
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #68
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea because NOT allowing Case to get reps and see if he is our future is the SMART thing to do
Old 11-04-2013   #69
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as the playoffs go, this season is a wash. Let's just see what happens and watch Case learn the NFL. The Texans can still be fun to watch for that reason alone, even if some of the other parts of the team are just totally $hit.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #70
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
A team, it should be noted, that Dungy was never able to take to the Super Bowl.

"A Football Life" last week was on Warren Sapp. He said Dungy had one great flaw: he never held the offense accountable.

It took another coach to come in, kept what worked (defense, obviously) and implement an offense that could score.

This happens in the NFL, though not always with the success of championships. But just look at KC this year or SF last year. New coaches took the existing talent and took them to another level.

That might be what the Texans need now. Kubiak has improved this franchise, but maybe he's peaked. Another coach could come in here and they would not be starting from scratch.
Old 11-04-2013   #71
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 39048 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
the same expression that
Bullock has before a kick attempt..
You should see my expression before a kick attempt...

(you'll see me squeeze my eyes trying to send my thoughts into lechler's mind, begging him to run for the 1st down)

I don't like to bash on a single player but he's forcing me

(I mean Lechler, he never listens)
Old 11-04-2013   #72
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
This would almost be an improvement over our current placekicking situation.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #73
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>Yea because NOT allowing Case to get reps and see if he is our future is the SMART thing to do

My position is that you might not be able to see what Case can do because
Dennison is probably not going to know what to do with him (to
the extent that Gary would..)

Putting Keenum in a situation to fail means the team fails, the coaches
are gone, and likely Keenum is gone (given the way the NFL works)

I want him to succeed, because I think he can be a franchise type
QB. But having Dennison serve up a series of defeats by playing him
like Schaub isn't going to help anyone.

It's all speculation. Who knows, maybe Dennison turns into the next
Holgorsen or Malzahn or Coryell or Walsh..
(but I doubt it..)

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #74
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
>Yea because NOT allowing Case to get reps and see if he is our future is the SMART thing to do

(but I doubt it..)

TJ
It's a moot point. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. McNair loses his fan base if they put Schaub back in and he stinks it up again.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #75
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 55012 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
NO! to Chuckie. Not just no but really NO!
Jesus, y'all! I didn't say I wanted Gruden. The topic was which HC would want to keep Keenum if Kubes got the axe. Anyway, my choice would be Brian Billick, but I feel his head's been out of it too long and/or if he wanted to coach again he would have already done it.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The OP summed up in one picture:

Old 11-04-2013   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jesus, y'all! I didn't say I wanted Gruden. The topic was which HC would want to keep Keenum if Kubes got the axe. Anyway, my choice would be Brian Billick, but I feel his head's been out of it too long and/or if he wanted to coach again he would have already done it.
Sumlin!
Old 11-04-2013   #78
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Agreed.

Matt is such a sulking baby he keeps his helmet on the whole game ... hiding.

What a douche-bag ...

It was suggested by another poster in another thread that Schaub was most likely listening in to the play calls coming through his helment.

Come on man, Schaub doesn't deserve the name calling.

He was doing his best which just isn't good enough anymore.

Old 11-04-2013   #79
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 11376 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

(but I doubt it..)

TJ
we don't know anything about dennison. what team would have been ready for their coach to go down? we'll know better when we see the plays and the game.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #80
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Jeez, already giving Case's job away? I thought he did pretty well.
What the hell are you talking about? Did you reply to the wrong post?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read