Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-04-2013   #61
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
LOL at my incompetence. For the first time in my posting 'career' here, was going to neg rep...and I ended up giving him pos rep.

I rock.
Ha, that sucks dude. I got him for you though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #62
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Ha, that sucks dude. I got him for you though.
repped!

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #63
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a fan of negative reps, but, man, I'm tempted today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #64
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
How do you know some of the players within Igcognito's crew weren't black? Stupid comes in all colors.

You think Martin is weak. That's your opinion. I think Martin is much, much smarter than Igcognito. Instead of punching him in the face - which is what you wanted Martin to do - Martin simply saved texts and emails.

Martin lost a lot of battles, but, guess who is going to win the war?
Here's what I really think besides thoroughly enjoying it when everyone gets all pizzed-off at me for expressing my opinion:
those who've never played football are about as qualified to offer their opinions about intra team chemistry on a football team as those who have never been in the service are qualified to offer perceptive insights to the pros & cons of women in combat units as men are qualified to offer thoughtful insight & comments about the experiences of discomfort and pain that women suffer during childbirth.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #65
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Here's what I really think besides thoroughly enjoying it when everyone gets all pizzed-off at me for expressing my opinion:
those who've never played football are about as qualified to offer their opinions about intra team chemistry on a football team as those who have never been in the service are qualified to offer perceptive insights to the pros & cons of women in combat units as men are qualified to offer thoughtful insight & comments about the experiences of discomfort and pain that women suffer during childbirth.
This is a terrible line of thinking.

For example, I assume that you have never been President. Thus, by your line of thinking, you cannot criticize or praise him.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #66
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only thing that got a rise out of me was you attempting to teach me any board ettiquette. The fact that you are who you are I could care less about. You clearly enjoy being a complete jerk. But I can't comment further on that because I don't have much insight on this.

Old 11-04-2013   #67
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've played football.

And that experience offers precisely zero credibility or lucidity to the string of inanity that constitutes your contributions to this thread. You came in playing the race card early (yes, the "I wonder when race will be brought into this" is a race card). You came in, posing as some authority on football and locker rooms and bullying and psychology and Jonathan Martin, deigning to lecture us as if you're speaking from some position of knowledge.

You aren't.

You wanted to make this a "OMG RACISM! PC RUN AMOK!" post, as per your wont. It didn't even become one (when it easily could have, considering the information that's come out) and you kept pressing it. Pulling the pin and replacing the pin aren't the same act. Then you wanted to make this a "OMG WUSSIFICATION OF FOOTBALL! PC RUN AMOK!" by targeting Martin, all the while deflecting or ignoring the elefante incógnito in the room (in your defense, judging by the name, he can be hard to see).

And nothing that has come out could remotely move the dial toward anything you've brought up.

But that doesn't stop you from doubling down.

Keep acting, though, that a couple of years of mediocre college ball gives you some sort of expertise in what's happening here, in all of its fluid dynamism.

Because the agenda comes first.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #68
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No one is angry that you expressed your opinion; we are just saying that your opinion is DUMB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #69
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Shaking my head.

He is standing his ground. He is saying enough, and he is getting this all out in the open. You wanted Martin to punch Ignognito in the locker room. Again: Incognito probably has an army of players he controls. You can't fight that.

The good news here is that Martin will win and Incognito will lose. Take a read of the voice mails, when you get a chance...
I really don't know how anyone can look at these events objectively and come to a conclusion other than Martin standing his ground. I don't think IDEXAN has ever really been bullied in the same way as Martin if he can't come up with an experience where he was so bullied that he wasn't able to stand up for himself and against the bully except by removing himself from the context of the harassment to a place that's safe to do so.

With the existing dynamic and nature of the harassment and abuse, I think Martin's tact makes a lot of sense (more to lose, less to gain by staying within the hierarchy that constitutes the MIA locker room... a fact that our resident locker room expert should easily realize). And, in the end, it looks like he might be accomplishing a great deal.

Just as there are many different examples of bullying, there are many different examples of one standing his ground. Just because they don't match up with the exact, precise boundaries IDEXAN is drawing, doesn't mean they don't exist. They do. To me it looks like bullying and it looks like standing one's ground.
Old 11-04-2013   #70
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL at my incompetence. For the first time in my posting 'career' here, was going to neg rep...and I ended up giving him pos rep.

I rock.
You neg repped me once when I think you were trying to pos rep me. Canadians. SIGH.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #71
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
I've played football.

And that experience offers precisely zero credibility or lucidity to the string of inanity that constitutes your contributions to this thread. You came in playing the race card early (yes, the "I wonder when race will be brought into this" is a race card). You came in, posing as some authority on football and locker rooms and bullying and psychology and Jonathan Martin, deigning to lecture us as if you're speaking from some position of knowledge.

You aren't.

You wanted to make this a "OMG RACISM! PC RUN AMOK!" post, as per your wont. It didn't even become one (when it easily could have, considering the information that's come out) and you kept pressing it. Pulling the pin and replacing the pin aren't the same act. Then you wanted to make this a "OMG WUSSIFICATION OF FOOTBALL! PC RUN AMOK!" by targeting Martin, all the while deflecting or ignoring the elefante incógnito in the room (in your defense, judging by the name, he can be hard to see).

And nothing that has come out could remotely move the dial toward anything you've brought up.

But that doesn't stop you from doubling down.

Keep acting, though, that a couple of years of mediocre college ball gives you some sort of expertise in what's happening here, in all of its fluid dynamism.

Because the agenda comes first.
I want to have the sex with this post.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 11-04-2013   #72
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You neg repped me once when I think you were trying to pos rep me. Canadians. SIGH.
when the heck did I do that and why didn't a lightning bolt hit me? us commie pinkos, I swear.

Old 11-04-2013   #73
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
when the heck did I do that and why didn't a lightning bolt hit me? us commie pinkos, I swear.
I figured you were probably drunk on Molson and poutine after a long day of moose hunting.

Old 11-04-2013   #74
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I figured you were probably drunk on Molson and poutine after a long day of moose hunting.
Someone forgot I hate guns Oh, and we have kick ass beer up here, not that swill you mention.

Old 11-04-2013   #75
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I rock.
lol. Rock on

FWIW, I played a lot of ball too. I witnessed a lot of harassing, hazing and all out brawls amongst teammates, but nothing out of the ordinary for what guys typically do.

That said, from what I've read this asshat took it waaay beyond typical hazing and locker room shenanigans. The transcript of the VM is very disturbing to say the least. Not only would I ban this dude, I'd press charges

The only thing I'd fault Martin with is keeping this to himself and not informing his employer. Maybe he did and the Phins thought it'd work itself out, who knows
Old 11-04-2013   #76
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
...To me it looks like bullying and it looks like standing one's ground.
Yep. Who's Martin going to go to, the Dolphins' Player Council...?

Oh, wait, Incognito is a member of the Player's Council. Whether it actually is or not, Martin had every expectation that this was an institutional problem and acted accordingly.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
those who've never played football are about as qualified to offer their opinions about intra team chemistry on a football team as blah blah blah.
Except for the fact that, you know, those that have played pro football - both as players, coaches, and both - are coming out against Incognito's actions and behavior.

So what are you going to say to those guys? Especially since your zero experience in a pro locker room means your opinions are worthless....according to your own illogical perspective...
Old 11-04-2013   #78
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Except for the fact that, you know, those that have played pro football - both as players, coaches, and both - are coming out against Incognito's actions and behavior.

So what are you going to say to those guys? Especially since your zero experience in a pro locker room means your opinions are worthless....according to your own illogical perspective...
QFT!

Man, I've been trying to Rep you so much lately I'm beginning to feel like I'm stalking you. Ha, my thought process is waay too similar to yours. Except your words express them much better than mine.

Ok, sorry for the amidst such a manly thread. Carry on..
Old 11-04-2013   #79
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

NOBODY calls Idexan a chicken

Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #80
RazorOye
Ayo

if you're here and interested in hearing what a credentialed football player has to say/think on this issue (perhaps because the established 'expertise' offered thus far doesn't somehow measure up and has left you wanting/wondering), gannon had this bit on sirius earlier:

4 and a half minutes that builds to his experiences with the dyfunction with the Raiders, in their locker room

interesting perspective

http://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsports...-host-of-the-4

and it seems that he arrives at a different conclusion than our current, resident authority.

Strange, that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read