Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-04-2013   #41
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Do you honestly buy that about the shakedown baloney ? If it was in fact true, if we are really talking here about bribery or blackmail, then Martin should have called the Law. Right ?
Incognio has been in the league for some 10 years, and Martin is probably the umptenth younger player he's jacked around with, but just the first to succumb to the will of an intimidator like Incognito. You know bullys are predators, they look for the most vulnerable among them and when they find him they don't relent until the victim stands his ground.
He IS standing his ground.

This ain't no school playground. This is PROFESSIONAL football, the NFL is a billion-dollar enterprise, and Martin is getting the NFL and NFLPA officials involved, as is the proper procedure to follow.

What did you want Martin to do? Beat Incognito up in the parking lot after practice? Is that how I should deal with people who irritate me at work? Push away from my desk, rouse them out of their office and say "after work, in the parking lot, come at me bro!"?

PROFESSIONAL. FOOTBALL. LEAGUE.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #42
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Schefter tweets suggest Ingognito is a serious *********

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....
3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Well Ingognito might just be misunderstood
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #43
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
He IS standing his ground.

This ain't no school playground. This is PROFESSIONAL football, the NFL is a billion-dollar enterprise, and Martin is getting the NFL and NFLPA officials involved, as is the proper procedure to follow.

What did you want Martin to do? Beat Incognito up in the parking lot after practice? Is that how I should deal with people who irritate me at work? Push away from my desk, rouse them out of their office and say "after work, in the parking lot, come at me bro!"?

PROFESSIONAL. FOOTBALL. LEAGUE.
He left the team ! He freaking physically left Miami, left South FLA, left the
entire state of FLA according to reports. That is not standing one's ground.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #44
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well Ingognito might just be misunderstood
true.

He could have insuated many things when he wanted to slap the kids mom.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #45
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schefter tweets suggest Ingognito is a serious *********

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...
2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....
3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."
Welcome to the thread Canada, but we've already covered race, just take a couple minutes to review the earlier posts if you would.
Old 11-04-2013   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
While I appreciate the gentlemanly salutation, and I think it's mighty white of you to do so, you didn't make a point at all related to the topic that seems to be at the core of this...[snipped for space]
I think talking about his actions and the systems that actively/passively supported it are also worth talking about. These seem to be the bigger issues.
Exactly.
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Incognito sent Martin a number of threatening text messages and voice mails, one of which referred to Martin as a "half-n*gg*r."

And here's some of what Incognito sent to Martin, as transcribed by Adam Schefter:

Quote:
1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n- piece of (expletive)...

]4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 4, 2013
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #47
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to the thread Canada, but we've already covered race, just take a couple minutes to review the earlier posts if you would.

the ones where you sound like a fool? Yeah we are up to speed already

fwiw all those vm werent all about race
Old 11-04-2013   #48
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He left the team ! He freaking physically left Miami, left South FLA, left the
entire state of FLA according to reports. That is not standing one's ground.
Shaking my head.

He is standing his ground. He is saying enough, and he is getting this all out in the open. You wanted Martin to punch Ignognito in the locker room. Again: Incognito probably has an army of players he controls. You can't fight that.

The good news here is that Martin will win and Incognito will lose. Take a read of the voice mails, when you get a chance...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #49
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

When I read so much stupid in a thread I swear it makes my head hurt. This is a classic case of a dumb, racist prick thinking he can pick on the weak dude in the group and get away with it. This type of crap doesn't go on in locker rooms. No white player would resort to these tactics knowing they'll be crucified in the locker room. He saw a guy who he could intimidate and took advantage of it. I've been in locker rooms all my life and most of the hazing is all in fun. The stuff coming out here has nothing to do with that. Incognito doesn't deserve to wear an NFL uniform for many reasons. This is just the tip of the iceberg for me.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #50
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm gonna have to do this Jen, I don't want to, but I must to make my point.
I'm guessing you've never played football ? OK, well I have, both in high school and in college, though I assure my collegiate football experience was very unremarkable and the scholastic end of it not much better. But while playing in HS and college, I can't tell you how many incidents I've seen of bullying, varying degrees to be sure. And actually a couple of them were pretty flagrant, pretty nasty situations in other words. It's part of the territory, it's a very, very physical sport played by some really tough guys, certainly at the NFL level. And it's also tough mentally and psychologically because much of it is about being the most macho person in the contest, winning whichever mano-a-mano contest a player might be involved in that's always playing out on the field be it CB vs WR, OT vs edge-rusher, OC vs NT, TE vs LB, etc. In other words, a guy has to have a certain mentality or psyche along with athletic talent, or he's not got what it takes for serious football, certainly not pro ball. And seminars or sensitive training or whatever aren't gonna correct the situation, not for the bully or his victim. Best solution would be to change occupations to office work, or something, anything that's civilized because pro football isn't.
Negged.

Terrible post.
Old 11-04-2013   #51
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't see this posted and it seemed quite relevant to the thread, so thanks anyways. When I want board ettiquette, forgive me but you're the last person I'll ask.

Old 11-04-2013   #52
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Incognito probably has an army of players he controls. You can't fight that.
Given the demos of NFL teams in 2013, I think it's a real reach to suggest a white guy could control an "army" of guys in an NFL locker room in a hassle with another player who's black.
Old 11-04-2013   #53
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Didn't see this posted and it seemed quite relevant to the thread, so thanks anyways. When I want board ettiquette, forgive me but you're the last person I'll ask.

zing
Old 11-04-2013   #54
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Negged.

Terrible post.
I read this in Charles Barkley's voice.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #55
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Negged.

Terrible post.
Yeah, it might be the longest, worst post that I've ever read. Its one thing to be wrong, but its another thing to throw out the card he did in the beginning and say all of that ridiculousness afterwards. Anyone who is blaming Martin and not Incognito at this point is just stupid. Martin's only fault is he should have told someone sooner about the situation.
Old 11-04-2013   #56
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Given the demos of NFL teams in 2013, I think it's a real reach to suggest a white guy could control an "army" of guys in an NFL locker room in a hassle with another player who's black.
How do you know some of the players within Igcognito's crew weren't black? Stupid comes in all colors.

You think Martin is weak. That's your opinion. I think Martin is much, much smarter than Igcognito. Instead of punching him in the face - which is what you wanted Martin to do - Martin simply saved texts and emails.

Martin lost a lot of battles, but, guess who is going to win the war?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #57
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

adam schefter looked like he was having trouble controlling himself when talking about the situation, he's pissed and probably knows more than he's ready to say. incognito is a mentally unstable, rage fueled d-bag. always has been. always will be. he should've been kicked out of the league by his 3rd season, same for suh. this isnt about tying a rookie to a goalpost, or a random fight, or standard locker room hazing which does get a lot further than the public realizes. this is one insane guy going after a teammate in an excessively over the line manner - including threatening to kill him. martin did what anyone would've done. the only quiet recourse he would've had is something more violent than just a fist fight, because that wouldnt have stopped anything. he wasnt getting any help from the locker room or coaches. he wasnt going say anything, because it's bad form to speak out like that and people would label him a wuss if he did, and probably would've just made things worse. he tried to get away from the situation without making waves or making himself an even bigger target, which is all he really could do.
Old 11-04-2013   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's for a minute speculate that Jonathan Martin does have psychological issues and has attempted suicide...

and Richie Incognito somehow found out about Martin's attempt to kill himself -- and subsequently shared that personal and sensitive information with his father who has now shared it with the world...

that might be characterized as bullying, no? Whaddaya gonna do, rookie? Kill yourself, again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
adam schefter looked like he was having trouble controlling himself when talking about the situation, he's pissed and probably knows more than he's ready to say...
Incognito called him out and attacked him on Twitter.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #59
toronto
Hall of Fame

LOL at my incompetence. For the first time in my posting 'career' here, was going to neg rep...and I ended up giving him pos rep.

I rock.

Old 11-04-2013   #60
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL at my incompetence. For the first time in my posting 'career' here, was going to neg rep...and I ended up giving him pos rep.

I rock.
Unacceptable...... I'm gonna slap you in the mouth and find your whole family and F them up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read