Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2013   #11
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Do you honestly buy that about the shakedown baloney ? If it was in fact true, if we are really talking here about bribery or blackmail, then Martin should have called the Law. Right ?
Incognio has been in the league for some 10 years, and Martin is probably the umptenth younger player he's jacked around with, but just the first to succumb to the will of an intimidator like Incognito. You know bullys are predators, they look for the most vulnerable among them and when they find him they don't relent until the victim stands his ground.
He IS standing his ground.

This ain't no school playground. This is PROFESSIONAL football, the NFL is a billion-dollar enterprise, and Martin is getting the NFL and NFLPA officials involved, as is the proper procedure to follow.

What did you want Martin to do? Beat Incognito up in the parking lot after practice? Is that how I should deal with people who irritate me at work? Push away from my desk, rouse them out of their office and say "after work, in the parking lot, come at me bro!"?

PROFESSIONAL. FOOTBALL. LEAGUE.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read