Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #41
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Being 2-6, I hope some of the late arrivals, band wagoners, go cheer for some other team...
See this is the BS I'm talking about most posters are not bandwagon people the texans as a franchise hasn't been even to the afc championship game and a Houston football team has not been to a super bowl so if your taking time out your day to post and complain or whatever I know deep down inside the desire is you want this team to win and your tired of the lame excuses and being taking around and around in a circus of consistent BS that continues to cause this team to come up short. Look how long it took to get rid of Carr look how much shat had to happen for Schaub to get benched? Then they have the nerve to be saying superbowl is the goal out of their mouths? Blasphemy the goal appears to be to keep people in the seats at reliant and for everyone to keep their jobs. Winning comes after all that... they have wasted Andre's career and I don't blame Foster for not letting this BS system of football mess up his... because it's straight BS. Kubiak still needs to be fired. I want him to be healthy but due to not having the balls to make bold enough moves when needed as a head coach is his biggest flaw take the conservative way of coaching back to the 90's where it belongs.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #42
Swearinger
Sleeper

Rep Power: 0 Swearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respectedSwearinger is a quality contributor and well respected

Best wishes for Kubes and his family. That's got to be scary stuff.
Swearinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #43
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

We kept running Schaub out there despite his horrible play until people are burning his jersey in the parking lot and may or may not have threatened him at his home (two examples of poor fan behavior that I don't condone).

We kept Kubiak well past the time your typical coach would be allowed to stick around without better results until he gets to the point that he is under so much pressure that he collapses on the sideline. After a bye week no less.

A organization that is profficient at identifying points of failure and promptly making corrections would not allow things to get to this point.

What's next? We keep running Bullock out there until Watt grabs the first down marker and impales him through the chest after another missed field goal? Resulting in one dead and Watt being in jail for murder during his prime football years? I don't mean to be flippant but we're through the looking glass at this point and I wouldn't be surprised by aliens landing on the field before our next game. I've never seen anything even remotely like this in 30+ years of watching football.

Things should NEVER have gotten to this point. If Kubiak was let go after 2010 he'd probably be happy and healthy as a OC somewhere. And maybe Schaub is getting a fresh start somewhere or happily retired after his foot injury in this alternate time line.

ZERO accountability is the root of all our problems. And I hate seeing the prime of some of our great players being wasted by this regime. Having said that it's one thing when players who know the risks are putting their knees and heads on the line every Sunday...they know the risks. But when coaches are passing out on the sideline something has to give.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #44
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
We kept running Schaub out there despite his horrible play until people are burning his jersey in the parking lot and may or may not have threatened him at his home (two examples of poor fan behavior that I don't condone).

We kept Kubiak well past the time your typical coach would be allowed to stick around without better results until he gets to the point that he is under so much pressure that he collapses on the sideline. After a bye week no less.

A organization that is profficient at identifying points of failure and promptly making corrections would not allow things to get to this point.

What's next? We keep running Bullock out there until Watt grabs the first down marker and impales him through the chest after another missed field goal? Resulting in one dead and Watt being in jail for murder during his prime football years? I don't mean to be flippant but we're through the looking glass at this point and I wouldn't be surprised by aliens landing on the field before our next game. I've never seen anything even remotely like this in 30+ years of watching football.

Things should NEVER have gotten to this point. If Kubiak was let go after 2010 he'd probably be happy and healthy as a OC somewhere. And maybe Schaub is getting a fresh start somewhere or happily retired after his foot injury in this alternate time line.

ZERO accountability is the root of all our problems. And I hate seeing the prime of some of our great players being wasted by this regime. Having said that it's one thing when players who know the risks are putting their knees and heads on the line every Sunday...they know the risks. But when coaches are passing out on the sideline something has to give.
I have an idea...let's complain about Kubiak in some other thread. Let's make a better effort to stay on topic. It makes for a better forum you know.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #45
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I wonder if he has a history of Migraines, I have heard of migraines being that intense to the point you cannot open your eyes...
I get migraines, luckily less now than I used to. I was hospitalized for them for 4 days a few years ago.

It's possible that this is/was a migraine, the only thing that leads me to not think it is one is the sudden nature with which it came on. Mine never just suddenly hit me, there was always a build up or I would wake up with it. Never be walking and BAM, incapacitating migraine.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #46
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN (Adam S.) is reporting that he was treated with medication that is used to treat strokes. They were clear that there is no evidence that he HAD a stroke. The medication given was basically a blood thinner and standard protocol for his symptoms.
Old 11-04-2013   #47
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hate to say it but I think it's best for all parties and especially Kubes' life that we let him go now. And I think Wade needs more time to grieve as well so we need to let him go. Also, I think Marciano had a lobotomy or something so we might need to part ways with him.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #48
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I get migraines, luckily less now than I used to. I was hospitalized for them for 4 days a few years ago.

It's possible that this is/was a migraine, the only thing that leads me to not think it is one is the sudden nature with which it came on. Mine never just suddenly hit me, there was always a build up or I would wake up with it. Never be walking and BAM, incapacitating migraine.
I used to get crazy bad headaches, and thought they were pure migraines. Turned out they were massive muscle tension, and a direct result of severe stress. I have done oste-accupuncture for years now.

Scary to see that and hope the man's ok. I could see the team sag, they obviously were worried about their coach, and that to me made sense. Who the hell wants to play football when that happens?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #49
AMartin56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I really hate to say it but I think it's best for all parties and especially Kubes' life that we let him go now. And I think Wade needs more time to grieve as well so we need to let him go. Also, I think Marciano had a lobotomy or something so we might need to part ways with him.
Even though as a person who hasn't supported Kubiak for years it's a bit self serving to say this I agree with you. If a stroke is even being considered as the diagnosis you HAVE to make Wade the interim coach at this point. Football is enough of a blood sport as it is without letting a coach going through health problems back out on the sideline under these circumstances.

It's just sad that it had to come to this. I wanted rid of Kubiak and Schaub as much as the next guy but this stuff is ridiculous.
Old 11-04-2013   #50
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

reiterating amartin but I just retweeted this. Don't shoot the messenger
Quote:
Jerome Solomon ‏@JeromeSolomon 6m
RT @therobertsboys per NFL medical sources. Gary KUBIAK given IV Protein that breaks up clots. Given to those with strokes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #51
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
I think Case's play sent Gary's brain into overload from excitement.
Quick side note, anybody else see Schaub wearing his helmet all game, just hoping he goes in
Yes. My non-football-watching-wife even asked about that. Matt had to know his career here was ending before his very eyes. He's toast.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #52
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m

Gary Kubiak was given Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), a protein that breaks down blood clots in people who suffer strokes, per sources.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli now

#Texans head coach Gary Kubiak will remain with medical personnel for at least the next 24 hours, the team announced.

Last edited by Texian; 11-04-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #53
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Get well soon Kubes.
Old 11-04-2013   #54
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak was in my Rosary this morning. Get well soon coach.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #55
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, they don't give TPA to just anyone unless they are pretty convinced that a stroke is occurring.

I have seen some pretty terrible complications from TPA administration causing intra-cranial hemorrhage that can be quite devastating or even fatal.

I certainly hope that Gary is going to be OK.

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #56
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>I have seen some pretty terrible complications from TPA administration causing intra-cranial hemorrhage that can be quite devastating or even fatal.

The way they mentioned his family was "around him" at the hospital
gives me cause too.

I hope Gary walks out of the hospital on his own two feet.

The coach of our football team is secondary to the health and safety
of a guy that most people say is a really good human being.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wishing the best for Coach and his family.
Old 11-04-2013   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I could buy into the explanation of dehydration or maybe even a panic attack, but if the sideline reporters comments were accurate about Kubiak being in pain, I've got to think we are talking about some issues with the ole ticker here.
Don't have to have a heart attack with chest pains, but the pains often relate to a heart condition of some kind. Where's Doc when we need him ?
So many possibilities. If the reports of no heart attack is indeed accurate, a sudden collapse like this could be a result of an arrhythmia such as atrial fibrillation.

Clots can occur in the heart secondary to the atrial fibrillation (AF).......and can then break loose to obstruct brain circulation (stroke). AF is associated with more severe ischemic strokes and "longer" transient ischemic attacks (TIAs) than emboli from carotid disease, presumably due to embolization of larger particles with AF. As a result, patients with AF who suffer an ischemic stroke appear to have a worse outcome (more disability, greater mortality) than those who have an ischemic stroke in the absence of AF, even after adjustment for the advanced age of patients with AF-related stroke.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Get well soon, Coach Kubiak!

Damn, this season just goes from bad to worse.
Old 11-04-2013   #60
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember the commentators talk about spending the bye week basically in OT cramming for Case, then seeing a sideline shot of Kubes.. He looked TERRIBLE.

I'm going to believe when they say NO HEart Attack, for it to be true as they know it. That wouldn't rule out a stroke I suppose? But I would be more inclined to believe he's overworked, stressed, exhausted, the whole 9 yards.

He didn't look right at all prior to the half time, so what ever it was, likely didn't just come over him while walking to the locker room, but certainly escalated to what was reported.

Seems odd they are being so seemingly HUSH about it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read