Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013   #1161
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans. 11/3. 7:30. NBC. **Official Battle Red Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Foster went out in the 1st quarter, after 1 or 2 plays. Having Karim available might've won this game fo0r us. Relying on Tate definitely didn't help. If you're just going to be a hater, **** off. Tate ran scared/ hurt and cost the team a 1st down or two.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #1162
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans. 11/3. 7:30. NBC. **Official Battle Red Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Go to bed, you are drunk posting and making a fool out of yourself.
You are a pro BS'r and fit your avatar to a tee. I lament your inability to diagnose an NFL play and arrive at a logical conclusion. There are lots of you douche bags around nowadays.
Old 11-03-2013   #1163
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then you didn't watch the game with any idea of what wins and loses games. Lack of a running game cost us just as much as bad kicking.
Tate and Johnson combined for 117 yards. They did more than enough tonight. I just don't understand how you think our running game had any role in the Texans losing the game tonight? Poor secondary play and another special teams meltdown did that.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #1164
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What am I hating on? Kubiak screwed the pooch by relying on Foster and Tate. Johnson only got 4 carries.
Old 11-03-2013   #1165
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Tate and Johnson combined for 117 yards. They did more than enough tonight. I just don't understand how you think our running game had any role in the Texans losing the game tonight? Poor secondary play and another special teams meltdown did that.
They didn;t do nearly enough tonight. Tate decided to slide short of an important 1st down tonight. Is that your criteria for doing enough? I can go on from here.
Old 11-03-2013   #1166
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

DJ had 8 carries for 36 yards.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #1167
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
DJ had 8 carries for 36 yards.
I see Dennis Johnson for 4 carries. No other backs.
Old 11-03-2013   #1168
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Christ, why are people ******ing about the refs? Calls went both ways, blame it on a sh1tty kicker, not refs.
Yeah. I thought on KMart's fumble that the Colts got screwed.

Later when we got screwed on AJ's catch I just thought "And so we get screwed right back. About par for the course in the NFL. All is right with the world"
Old 11-03-2013   #1169
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201311...ts&tab=analyze
Old 11-03-2013   #1170
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can't even read a box score correctly? You must be drunk.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/gameca...version=mobile

Your argument doesn't make any sense. What's preventing them from running DJ more often? Does Dennis Johnson have a "I can only carry the ball 8 times per game" clause in his contract or something that I am not aware of? You sound silly.

We ran the ball effectively enough to win this game. It's weird that you are harping on this when there are easily 2 other glaring problems that cost us this game.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #1171
DocBar
Hall of Fame

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametra...131103_IND@HOU
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
You can't even read a box score correctly? You must be drunk.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. What's preventing them from running DJ more often? Does Dennis Johnson have a "I can only carry the ball 8 times per game" clause in his contract or something that I am not aware of? You sound silly.
Old 11-03-2013   #1172
DocBar
Hall of Fame

[quote=TexansSeminole;2242314]You can't even read a box score correctly? You must be drunk.

We ran the ball effectively enough to win this game. It's weird that you are harping on this when there are easily 2 other glaring problems that cost is this game.[/QUO. This is where I got my data. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametra...131103_IND@HOUIt has Johnson with 4 carries.
Old 11-03-2013   #1173
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Your data is wrong.
Old 11-04-2013   #1174
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Your data is wrong.
Regardless, it doesn't invalidate my argument. The running gamje just wasn't there. Tate gutted it out, but to what avail?
Old 11-04-2013   #1175
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
He was drafted ahead of Zuerlein.
Please don't remind me.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #1176
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak made some questionable playcalling in his time here. But to go for it on 4th down instead of an easy fg to go up 3 score is his worst playcalling ever. What makes it the worst is he called a run play for a rb that slid short of the first down just two plays ago. It was obvious that Tate wasn't in the right condition to take a tackle and to call a play for him to grind out on short yardage for a first down is ridiculous.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #1177
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one losing faith in Arian Foster's ability to stay healthy? Maybe we also have to consider drafting a running back in the early rounds as well.
Old 11-04-2013   #1178
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

No, it's not his worst decision ever. Like, at all. The rationale was completely understandable. Your team is against the wall, at home, on national TV after being repeatedly embarrassed on national TV in recent years, already with a TD under the belt. If he didn't go for it and go for the killshot, he would have been destroyed and referred to as a soft *****.

I welcomed that decision wholeheartedly. It was aggressive.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #1179
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Foster went out in the 1st quarter, after 1 or 2 plays. Having Karim available might've won this game fo0r us. Relying on Tate definitely didn't help. If you're just going to be a hater, **** off. Tate ran scared/ hurt and cost the team a 1st down or two.
Don't really want to get into the debate, but wasn't Foster inactivated because od a back injury (not the hammy which made him a game time decision)?
Old 11-04-2013   #1180
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Best thing about being here is you don't get those ****ing "good job you guys tried hard" pity posts that I have to put up with everywhere else since we're a **** team again.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read