Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2013   #21
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Texans Make A Trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Of there's a RT from a similar scheme, I'd take him.. We need someone who can stop giving open access to our qbs
This is exactly what I'd be working the phones for right now. Maybe, we could find another veteran O'Lineman for a 5th round pick like we did with Myers.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't the trade deadline passed?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #23
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Isn't the trade deadline passed?
3pm central today.
Old 10-29-2013   #24
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

No clue why we didn't try to move Tate...now we lose him at the end of the season with nothing to show in return. Wonder if his rib injury impeded our ability to even discuss it...
Old 10-29-2013   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they re sign Tate for cheap.

I said this a while ago, but I don't see a bunch of teams lining up to throw big money at Tate. Maybe more than we'd be willing to pay...we'll see
Old 10-29-2013   #26
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed for a sack full of door knobs...
Old 10-29-2013   #27
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe they re sign Tate for cheap.

I said this a while ago, but I don't see a bunch of teams lining up to throw big money at Tate. Maybe more than we'd be willing to pay...we'll see
He's a goner. Browns already indicated they will target him and I suspect teams like the Jets, Cowboys and San Diego won't be too far behind.
Old 10-29-2013   #28
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade Schaub for a third string waterboy.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Trade Schaub for a third string waterboy.
Schaub, as a waterboy, would just end up either spilling the water or somehow taking it to the other bench.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #30
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post
Ed Reed for a sack full of door knobs...
That would still make Ed Reed look like a bandit.

Just cut his ass. Right here, right now. that's the kind of branding that would make a lasting impression.... Wins superbowl, takes a load of cash with no intention of earning it and gets CUT!

I don't understand how stealing isn't as frowned upon as smoking pot.
Old 10-30-2013   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
He's a goner. Browns already indicated they will target him and I suspect teams like the Jets, Cowboys and San Diego won't be too far behind.
That may be the case, but Tate still has to like the situation/money offered.

If a team throws a bunch of money at Tate, I'll be surprised.
Old 10-30-2013   #32
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That may be the case, but Tate still has to like the situation/money offered.

If a team throws a bunch of money at Tate, I'll be surprised.
If an offer came in to double his salary? That's reasonable on the side of conservative speculation. I know if at worst, I was offered a double in pay to be a starter elsewhere, I certainly wouldn't think long on it.
Old 10-30-2013   #33
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
No clue why we didn't try to move Tate...now we lose him at the end of the season with nothing to show in return. Wonder if his rib injury impeded our ability to even discuss it...
His contract next yr with the browns will hopefully get us a 3rd or 4th round compenatory pick...

He is worth keeping this yr IMO
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #34
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Not Rick Smith style. Expect him to be unusually busy this upcoming off-season however. Draft picks are treated like gold which makes cutting Sam Montgomery & Chris Jones so frustrating.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Not Rick Smith style. Expect him to be unusually busy this upcoming off-season however. Draft picks are treated like gold which makes cutting Sam Montgomery & Chris Jones so frustrating.
What makes some of the Draft picks so frustrating this year is not cutting them, but picking them in the first place.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
If an offer came in to double his salary? That's reasonable on the side of conservative speculation. I know if at worst, I was offered a double in pay to be a starter elsewhere, I certainly wouldn't think long on it.
I would too.

We'll just have to see.
Old 10-30-2013   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What makes some of the Draft picks so frustrating this year is not cutting them, but picking them in the first place.
I would've had no problem cutting Montgomery or Tavaris instead of Chris Jones. Dude's been doing pretty darn good for the Pats. McClain's been nothing more than a rag doll this season.

I must admit, we screwed the pooch with some of our personnel moves this year. Frustrates me every time I watch the Pats play and seeing Jones making plays.

That said, I dug the Quessenberry pick and he was pushing for a starting spot until his injury. Look forward to seeing him next year.

*Just piggy-backin your post CD
Old 10-30-2013   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Texan scouting department had to be high on Sam, the coaches had to feel he could kick outside, takes at least two to tango. There was just not enough sample size to justify either the pick or the cut. Montgomery had a track record of issues relating to work ethic regardless he looked the part otherwise the professionals on Kirby would never made the pick. Understand the situation but you generally give a prospect you've invested in, a couple years to mold & develop. Seems to me a knee jerk reaction to a series of poor decisons based off sketchy circumstances.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #39
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 5732 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

The FO let Mario Williams walk for nothing knowing we werent gonna be able to resign him.

What makes yall think they are actually looking to trade Tate or anybody else?
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #40
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that the trade deadline passed or anything but who would want a RB with four broken ribs? Yes he'll eventually heal but playing football is not the way to heal broken ribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read