Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013   #2101
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Gary Kubiak has got to go. Just thought I'd get that out there.
Old 10-27-2013   #2102
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
For anyone delusional enough to think McNair hears you:

Now some might say that this is just owner speak. But that some has not been paying attention to Bob McNair for the past 11 years. He says stuff like this because he believes stuff like this.

So get out your placards and get ready to march on Kirby. It won't make a difference, of course, but you can at least have the satisfaction that you did...."something".
first time I saw this quote.. I just threw up a little.

However the fan's don't need to do anything, they've done all they can do... this delusional owner needs to do "something".
Old 10-27-2013   #2103
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bob decides to fire Kubiak, he will scour the earth looking for someone that will take the job on the condition they have to keep Joe Marciano.
Old 10-28-2013   #2104
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default potential HC question

If you could have any HC on the market, who would you choose and why?

Hypothetically speaking, who would your ideal HC be?

Wade? Strong from Louisville? Any college coach? Some friends of mine have suggested Gruden, but he always looks delusional on TV

I would personally like to see us go Bill Cowher...
Old 10-28-2013   #2105
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: potential HC question

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
If you could have any HC on the market, who would you choose and why?

Hypothetically speaking, who would your ideal HC be?

Wade? Strong from Louisville? Any college coach? Some friends of mine have suggested Gruden, but he always looks delusional on TV

I would personally like to see us go Bill Cowher...
I like cowher. However, he is not a coordinator and has been away from the league for a while. So, the question to answer is: what will his staff look like? Who runs the offense? The defense? He can't poach guys from other teams unless he is promoting them... Who could he get? And can a quality staff be quickly built? Otherwise, we are looking at intense frustration until he cycles through coaches and finds the right guys... A process that could easily take 3 or 4 years... If not more.
Old 10-28-2013   #2106
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Looks like Gruden is unofficially an option.

I'd be 100% happy going with him if we went the retread route.
Ummm.. No! We don't need an egocentric celebrity. He is done as a nfl coach.
Old 10-29-2013   #2107
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLARCEMENT thread

To the dipsh!t who renamed the thread title . . . WTF is a "REPLARCEMENT"?

Old 10-29-2013   #2108
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Ummm.. No! We don't need an egocentric celebrity. He is done as a nfl coach.
Give me Jay Gruden.

Think of a more motivated Chucky, He can keep the basic structure of the WC offense. But will have more guts than Gary ever has had. I garuntee you that if Jay Gruden was the Texans HC that Coach Joe would've been fired a long time ago.
Old 10-29-2013   #2109
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

keep wade on board as d-coord and go grab kevin sumlin if keenum turns out to be half decent. if not hell, go draft johnny football and lets at least make this entertaining.
Old 10-29-2013   #2110
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLARCEMENT thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
to the dipsh!t who renamed the thread title . . . Wtf is a "replarcement"?

lmao!
Old 10-29-2013   #2111
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
If Bob decides to fire Kubiak, he will scour the earth looking for someone that will take the job on the condition they have to keep Joe Marciano.
You overlook the frightening possibility that he decides Joe is ready for more responsibility.......

Damn! I just scared myself with that thought!
Old 10-29-2013   #2112
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to get these bumper stickers made up, and hand them out at the next Texans game. Also, could be used as a sig.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 10-29-2013   #2113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm anticipating getting back on the Kubiak bandwagon.

If Case is as good as we hope, we might be able to put that "guru" moniker back on Kubiak.
Old 10-29-2013   #2114
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You overlook the frightening possibility that he decides Joe is ready for more responsibility.......

Damn! I just scared myself with that thought!
Harbaugh was a special team coach... you may have solved all our problems.
Old 10-29-2013   #2115
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm anticipating getting back on the Kubiak bandwagon.

If Case is as good as we hope, we might be able to put that "guru" moniker back on Kubiak.
I wouldn't be surprised if I back off my "fire everyone" stance either. I'd need to see improvements everywhere though. I'd need to see some serious potential from the offense and versatility (zone!) from the defense. Both would require two seemingly stubborn men to change their systems.
Old 10-30-2013   #2116
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

as others have stated, i believe kubiak's job is tied to keenum. if keenum does well, mcnair will almost have to keep kubiak to see how far we can take it, which i believe is the right call. if keenum flops, kubiak may be out with him ... which i cant argue with considering our QB play so far this year. if keenum hints at greatness though, you cant take the system away from him - keenum was built for this walsh-zone blocking-WCO.

my opinion on kubiak is well known, i'm a supporter. my feelings towards wade are exactly the same. these are the two men who i believe will lead us to multiple superbowls. what they're missing is a more heavy oversight regarding assistant coaching. they both draft well (usually), have great schemes, are among the best of teachers, and get complete effort from the players. what they lack is a higher up to make the ugly calls, and an assistant to challenge the established setting.

jay gruden's been mentioned ... i would absolutely love him as a coordinator. heck, i'd bring john back as a coordinator. the problem on offense isnt kubiak, it's that it seems to ONLY be kubiak - the same situation that got shanahan fired from denver. you cant have one man calling every shot, it cant work. wade similarly seems to have too much 'control'. i started to use the word freedom, but that would be the ideal - a more free approach within the system instead of a confined setting. our schemes most definitely can be described as boxes. we dont need someone thinking outside of it, we just need a couple guys who are willing to round it out and poke the edges a little bit.

i think keenum is about to remind us why we hired kubiak though. kubiak and wade seem to have caught the dom capers disease - we're struggling, dumb it down and play cautious and keep it close. this is i believe why wade's defenses have a tendency to regress, he perfects and cleans instead of finding new edges. keenum is a license to "let 'er rip" that we havent seen in quite a while.

edit: i'm so repetitive when i drink

Last edited by Scooter; 10-30-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2013   #2117
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
as others have stated, i believe kubiak's job is tied to keenum. if keenum does well, mcnair will almost have to keep kubiak to see how far we can take it, which i believe is the right call. if keenum flops, kubiak may be out with him ... which i cant argue with considering our QB play so far this year. if keenum hints at greatness though, you cant take the system away from him - keenum was built for this walsh-zone blocking-WCO.

my opinion on kubiak is well known, i'm a supporter. my feelings towards wade are exactly the same. these are the two men who i believe will lead us to multiple superbowls. what they're missing is a more heavy oversight regarding assistant coaching. they both draft well (usually), have great schemes, are among the best of teachers, and get complete effort from the players. what they lack is a higher up to make the ugly calls, and an assistant to challenge the established setting.

jay gruden's been mentioned ... i would absolutely love him as a coordinator. heck, i'd bring john back as a coordinator. the problem on offense isnt kubiak, it's that it seems to ONLY be kubiak - the same situation that got shanahan fired from denver. you cant have one man calling every shot, it cant work. wade similarly seems to have too much 'control'. i started to use the word freedom, but that would be the ideal - a more free approach within the system instead of a confined setting. our schemes most definitely can be described as boxes. we dont need someone thinking outside of it, we just need a couple guys who are willing to round it out and poke the edges a little bit.

i think keenum is about to remind us why we hired kubiak though. kubiak and wade seem to have caught the dom capers disease - we're struggling, dumb it down and play cautious and keep it close. this is i believe why wade's defenses have a tendency to regress, he perfects and cleans instead of finding new edges. keenum is a license to "let 'er rip" that we havent seen in quite a while.

edit: i'm so repetitive when i drink
Sorry, but, I call nonsense on all of this.

It's Kubiak's job to evaluate assistants. What we have seen is Kubiak toss a zillion defensive and offensive coordinators under the bus to save his own hide. Yet, the Special Teams coach remains (and, is given an assistant!!)

Also, 8 years is more than enough time to judge a head coach.

Multiple Super Bowls? We haven't even gotten to ONE AFC Championship game! After. 8. Years.

Even "if" Keenum is the answer, it's time to let another head coach take over this team.
Old 10-30-2013   #2118
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
What we have seen is Kubiak toss a zillion defensive and offensive coordinators under the bus to save his own hide.
Name one OC that Kubiak's thrown under the bus to save his own hide.
Old 10-30-2013   #2119
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Name one OC that Kubiak's thrown under the bus to save his own hide.
One step further - name one DC that didn't deserve his place under the bus.
Old 10-30-2013   #2120
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
One step further - name one DC that didn't deserve his place under the bus.

Exactly.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read