Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2013   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Ryan newest $100m QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My first reaction is that we got a steal on Matt Schaub. Rick Smith goes to the top of the list for Exec of the year.

Anyone thinking $100M for Flacco, Romo, & Ryan is a good deal over the next 4 years or so & that we paid too much for Schaub $60M over the next three years (4 years total)....... has serious hate issues, that's all I can say about it.

Romo is 33
Schaub is 32
Flacco is 28
Ryan is 28

The age difference between Ryan, Flacco, & Schaub don't justify the extra $40M..... not to me.
I agree. The way he's making deals like Schaub and Duane browns' will make paying jjwatt a bit more painless cap wise.

As far as Ryan's deal, that's a lot of money. He better deliver.
Old 07-28-2013   #22
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan obviously had a really good year, but I don't see him (or Flacco) as $100 million men. I don't get why teams are just throwing money at these second tier (or in Flacco's case 4th tier) QBs.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Matt threw 4 Ints today.

No, not that Matt, Matt Ryan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read