Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2013   #1
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans @ Bye. 10/27. All Day. Boring Living Room **Official Gameday Thread**

Today the Texans battle the mighty Bye Week Boredoms. Texans have been sliding fast as of late. Could this be the week they right the ship? Not likely with Gary Kubiak still the Skipper and Matt Schaub still playing the part of Gilligan. With 5 spots still open, the Texans are 10% short of a full roster. Not that it would matter, as Schaub is likely to throw 2 interceptions against the Bye, one being returned for 6. Kubiak will say afterward "the boys battled to the end. It's on me to get them better prepared. The Bye played tough. A couple of our guys took them lightly and smoked a little too much cigar last night. I've got to be better and put them in a position to win."

I've got the Bye rolling to a 31-7 victory. Texans score a garbage TD late when Kubes finally opens the offense and Schaub scores on a 20 yard scramble after catching the Bye players all off field during a fake timeout call.

How do you see it playing out?
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #2
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Bye. 10/27. All Day. Boring Living Room **Official Gameday Threa

Brady, playing with an unreported throwing hand injury (visibly swollen in the warmups), throws a pick with his first pass. Very Schaub-esque, I might add.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #3
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Bye. 10/27. All Day. Boring Living Room **Official Gameday Threa

Since the bye can't really score on offense, and the Texans can't score TDs in the red zone, I predict a final score of 7-6 Bye. Matt throws his complimentary pick 6 and the offense fails to score TDs in the red zone, meaning that Randy Bullock once again is the only Texan to put up points........but he misses what could've been the game winner!
HouTx11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Chris Jones DT got a tackle for 2 yard loss on the first play of the NE Miami game
Old 10-27-2013   #5
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Bye weeks are worse than losses. Watching Patriots get stomped by the Dolphins.

Pulling for Dolphins, Browns and Bills today.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Chris Jones DT got a tackle for 2 yard loss on the first play of the NE Miami game
He's also had several sacks in recent games. This guy might turn out to be something special.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am mostly concerned about Texans sustaining any new injuries. There is a chance they could sign another Reed type FA and that terrifies me. I wonder if the roof of Reliant is open today? There is a comforting old saying "this too shall pass" but what is it is intercepted? How many days is it until the draft?
Old 10-27-2013   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Who wants to bet a dollar that they sign someone off Washington's practice squad?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #9
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pats kneeling with time left on the clock down 2 scores at the end of the 1st half? Belichick is too conservative.
Old 10-27-2013   #10
paycheck71
All Pro

Denver offense looks mortal all of a sudden for the second game in a row.
Old 10-27-2013   #11
paycheck71
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Denver offense looks mortal all of a sudden for the second game in a row.
Aaaaand they're back...
Old 10-27-2013   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not watching any football this weekend. I'm playing computer games and reading. Unless the Texans are playing a big part in the outcome of the NFL's season, I'm not that interested in the NFL except for what the Texans are doing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not watching any football this weekend. I'm playing computer games and reading. Unless the Texans are playing a big part in the outcome of the NFL's season, I'm not that interested in the NFL except for what the Texans are doing.
It's football, I'm watching. I am a bit less stressed this week than I have been.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
It's football, I'm watching. I am a bit less stressed this week than I have been.
Same here. But tonight give me Boston at St. Louis + the remote control to catch Green Bay and Minnesota during World Series commercials.
Old 10-27-2013   #15
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha Kirk Cousins with the pick 6. He would fit in great around here.
Old 10-27-2013   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Same here. But tonight give me Boston at St. Louis + the remote control to catch Green Bay and Minnesota during World Series commercials.
Oh, I agree there. I expect Green Bay to win convincingly though.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
He's also had several sacks in recent games. This guy might turn out to be something special.
Sounds like we should have been playing this guy in rotation with Smith & not at NT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read