Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2013   #301
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I can't believe there's actually 19 posters on this board that want to see Schaub start. For what?.. what possibly do we have to gain out of him starting?
They have Indy's defense on their fantasy teams?
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #302
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't believe there's actually 19 posters on this board that want to see Schaub start. For what?.. what possibly do we have to gain out of him starting?
I imagine majority of them don't actually WANT him to start, but they think he WILL start because of Kubiak.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #303
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95608 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The question wasn't who do you want to see start...but who they think will start. It's obvious that 19 people don't trust Gary enough to go with Case instead of his boyfriend.
Old 10-25-2013   #304
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the question confused some folks.

The way it is worded made me think it was more of a prediction of who Kubiak would start rather than an opinion poll of who should start.

I think some answered with the former in mind while other answered with their own desire in mind.

That's why I didn't vote.

I think Kubiak could start Schaub, even though I hope he starts Keenum.
Old 10-25-2013   #305
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
They have Indy's defense on their fantasy teams?
Lol, rep.. and the said thing is, it might be true.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #306
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I'm thinking for at least one more week, they'll say something to the extent of giving Schaub another week to heal up, not rushing him back, etc. etc. If Keenum stinks it up, that gives Kubiak an easy way to start Schaub in the next game. If Keenum plays well, shows progress from the KC game, then Kubiak will have to officially bench Schaub for the following game.
No matter how this game turns out, barring injury I think Schaub is done here.
Old 10-25-2013   #307
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I imagine majority of them don't actually WANT him to start, but they think he WILL start because of Kubiak.
True.. I forgot about the "Stubborness of Kubiak" factor.. if that man starts Schaub, Kubiak will be driving his own nails into his coffin,
Old 10-25-2013   #308
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I doubt Keenum is the answer, but we need to at least see if he is hold the fort guy until the 1st rd qb is ready or is he just a backup. Jmo
Old 10-25-2013   #309
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRZ5c6I-vo
Old 10-25-2013   #310
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly right. I voted for Matt Schaub because that is who I believe Gary Kubiak is going to go with. I definitely want Case Keenum to start against the Colts on November 3. We still have nine nights until the game. Schaub is going to be healthy by then so they can't spin it with some injury excuse.
Old 10-25-2013   #311
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Exactly right. I voted for Matt Schaub because that is who I believe Gary Kubiak is going to go with. I definitely want Case Keenum to start against the Colts on November 3. We still have nine nights until the game. Schaub is going to be healthy by then so they can't spin it with some injury excuse.
THAT would be a spin.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #312
cameronkrazie86
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 cameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't want Schaub to start but I don't trust Kubiak to go all-in with Keenum the rest of the way.
cameronkrazie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #313
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Y'all should check out the Gary Kubiak Show from Monday (Oct 21). The way he talks about Case, I can't see him starting anyone else.
Old 10-25-2013   #314
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Y'all should check out the Gary Kubiak Show from Monday (Oct 21). The way he talks about Case, I can't see him starting anyone else.
Anybody who watched the Thursday night game saw a entire home stadium at their coach's throat against a divisional rival. Schiano was embarrassed in front of a national audience.

Kubiak has to know that if he starts Schaub (who won't be 100%) and Schaub falls flat on his face, he won't fare much better. The boo birds will reign down upon him like they did Capers at the end. Keenum gives him a out.. even if Keenum struggles, they'd rather see their team lose watching him struggle than watching their team lose with Schaub struggling.. again. If I was Kubiak, I'd be talking highly of Case to, because if you think about it.. Case holds Kubiak's fate in his hands really. Schaub isn't going to save his job this season. Case either turns out to be a answer/that he's willing to explore or Kubiak is likely gone.

Let's put it this way.. looking at the poll results, if this was a pre-election poll the week before a presidential election (game) and if the Kubiak/Schaub ticket won and Kubiak/Keenum ticket didn't, Kubiak/Schaub would be assassinated before they were ever even able to give the acceptance speech on the white house lawn. (still up NSA?, red flag words just to keep you on your toes ) It will be that bad. Hell we already have group protests where people are burning **** in the streets.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-25-2013   #315
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I doubt Keenum is the answer, but we need to at least see if he is hold the fort guy until the 1st rd qb is ready or is he just a backup. Jmo
Well he certainly has turned out to be more than just a guy with a noodle arm who can't make NFL throws, so let's just keep hoping he can keep proving the doubters wrong.
Old 10-26-2013   #316
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, if Kubiak is determined to start Schaub, can they at least petition the NFL allowing Matt to use his Rascal in the field of play?

He's so much more mobile on that thing.
Old 10-26-2013   #317
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
OK, if Kubiak is determined to start Schaub, can they at least petition the NFL allowing Matt to use his Rascal in the field of play?

[Laughing at the post, not the injury]
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013   #318
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum has to get the start. I'm just thinking of how much his mobility opens up and adds to the playbook. I mean Kubiak would have had two weeks to install a Keenum based offense full of plays utilizing his mobility. Then you play the Colts who will have to deal with all kinds of new looks and plays that they have never seen from us before.

or he can start Schaub, and see how that goes.

Last edited by RTP2110; 10-26-2013 at 10:44 AM.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013   #319
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotto be Case. You can't really run a Kubiak offense with a quarterback that can't move just a bit.

Honestly I can't remember the last time we ran the patented bootleg
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013   #320
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31579 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

And that's why Medicare is going broke. I don't think Schaub is old enough to qualify, he must have put it on Ed Reed's Medicare number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
i remember seeing schaub on that thing and i cant believe how sad and pathetic he looked rolling around in the stadium like that. I would have been embarrassed if i did that. Any ounce of respect i had for schaub was gone after i saw that sorry picture.

At least be a man and walk around in crutches. To drive around in a scooter looking like a young old geezer just encapsulates schaub's career with the texans.
Stop being so ridiculous. I assume you already depised Schaub with every fiber of your being; but you want to pile on so NOW you lose all respect for him. I am guessing if he ever has a dour look on his face you will again lose all respect for him; if he plays in a game again you will again lose all respect for him; and when he takes being cut this offseason in a classy way you will again lose all respect for him. Stop while you are behind.

Last edited by Fred; 10-26-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read