Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2013   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
To be honest, the facts say the The Texans were a better a team and they were. It is only the many excuses (absence any facts) trying to justify that they weren't.

Criticize the organization, of course you're not!
What do you mean? I spent two paragraphs criticizing the organization.

When my car won't start, I don't send it to the junkyard to be demolished. I take it to the mechanic. He performs diagnostics and determines what repairs need to be made and what parts are in good working order. Your methodology would be to treat this Texan team as if it is in the same situation as Tampa Bay... or the Texan team in 2005. Blow it up and start over! I am more interested in fixing what is broken and keeping what is working. Denying that anything is working when all of you are clearly disappointed with the season so far (meaning you expected the team to have a good season- meaning you agreed that there was a lot working on this team) is ironic, to say the least.

Criticisms of the organization:

1. Head coach has done a poor job this year. He and Wade are over their heads against elite coaches- clearly illustrated last year vs. New England.

2. Marciano is a mess. As his Kubiak's tendency, he is slow to move on from members of his coaching staff.

3. They should've effectively addressed RT.

4. Ed Reed gamble is looking pretty foolish right now.

5. Wade Phillips is too predictable with man coverage.

6. Kubiak's playcalling tends to become more predictable late in the game, when the game is in doubt.

7. Smith's gamble on Montgomery was poor.

... there's more, but I have to go.

I still believe the team plays for Kubiak... It is young, talented, and in position to be good for a long time if it is not mismanaged.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read