Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2013   #281
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
From what you've shown here everyone is covered.
Case is still inside the "tackle box". If he "throws it away" now... from here... it's intentional grounding. He has to take off and run to get outside the tackle box to even have that option. Throwing it, from here, in the direction of the RB or the TE, Graham, risks a pick six.

What you suggest is a very risky option.

His only option is to run outside the tackle box so he can toss it away without penalty.

Unfortunately, he didn't make it.
If Newton could block a fly this would all be mute, he is HORRBILE, and a majority of the sacks given up appear to come from the man he is blocking. I want Harris to start in place of Newton.
Old 10-24-2013   #282
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
If MS starts just remember it is Kubiak's decision not Matt's.

I have always said MS is MS. Not his fault.

The fault lies with Kubiak and Smith.

Stands should be filled with signs clarifying why we the fans are upset
I think Kubiak should shoulder some of the blame for the Matt Schaub injury cheering.

NObody wants to see anyone get hurt & sometimes the fans are just plain wrong. But if Kubiak would have shown some "give-a-sht" Benching Matt at the end of the Seattle game & at the end of the San Francisco game (instead of just throwing in the towel the way he did)... the crowd wouldn't have been so anxious to move on. They'd have known it was a matter of time. But Kubiak gave them no choice but to hope something forces Kubiak's hand & it was going to have to be something more drastic than giving the other team the ball.

It's classless..... I didn't appreciate it. I thumped my daughter to make her stop. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand it. & I know my wife was doing cartwheels at home.
Old 10-24-2013   #283
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
From what you've shown here everyone is covered.
Case is still inside the "tackle box". If he "throws it away" now... from here... it's intentional grounding. He has to take off and run to get outside the tackle box to even have that option. Throwing it, from here, in the direction of the RB or the TE, Graham, risks a pick six.

What you suggest is a very risky option.

His only option is to run outside the tackle box so he can toss it away without penalty.

Unfortunately, he didn't make it.
No, Nitro is on the money. He could throw a safe pass leading the TE & RB away from the coverage. He also could have thrown it over either receivers head..... uncatchable to effectively get around an intentional grounding penalty.

The 2nd worst thing that could happen there (a pick 6 would have been the worst) was to fumble it there, recovered by the other team & that's what happened. If you're honest about it, it turns an otherwise amazing first time start into something a little more mundane (considering it was his second sack fumble). & there are some here that don't want to believe Case's first start, though promising, was more mundane than amazing.
Old 10-24-2013   #284
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
If Newton could block a fly this would all be mute, he is HORRBILE, and a majority of the sacks given up appear to come from the man he is blocking. I want Harris to start in place of Newton.
There used to be people here who would complain because Mario Williams would allow a tackle... a RT to run him completely out of a play. That's exactly what happened to Houston right there. He's run completely out of the play. Only problem is that he & Keenum keep playing & Newton didn't.

That was a 3 step drop, the ball should have been gone.

Newton should play to the whistle... that's the kind of spark you'd expect a QB change such as this would provide, but he didn't. Which brings me back to lip service.

Was there a spark on this team?

This teams biggest issue since week 1 has been lack of effort. This teams issue since last year's Jags game has been lack of effort. You watch the Patriots & Packers & Vikings & Colts whip our a55es & it's because they played with more effort than we did. Shane Vareen & Steven Riddley & a bunch of LBs no more talented than our group out efforted us against the Pats, twice.

We can't score from 1st & goal from the 1, that's lack of effort on our part. DeAndre's a rookie, Case is just starting so my criticism of that failed play is more observation than anything else. But a little more effort from either player & that's 6 points.

Graham's failed opportunity.... a little more effort & that's 6 points. Defensively, if they played with the effort they had in the 2nd half, those 80+ yard TD drives are punts at the very least, turnovers with a little effort, defensive scores with the spark we needed.

Was there a spark..... yes, but nowhere near what we needed. There was a lot to overcome, I'm not saying any different. First time starter, ferocious pass rush (but KC was having protection issues of their own before the game started), Arian out early in the 1st, Ben was useless even before he got hurt, Cushing out...... Manning out. But we gave up that last sack on a 3 man rush, not because Newton sux..... I'm not saying he doesn't.... but because of lack of effort. & that's what cost us that game, & the St Louis game & the San Francisco game, & the Seattle game, & the Baltimore game.

They can say they support this QB, or that QB. They can say they've got his back, they can say he's not out there alone, or that "The fans don't want to hear us talk about it." It's what they do on the field that counts. Anything else, is lip service.
Old 10-24-2013   #285
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There used to be people here who would complain because Mario Williams would allow a tackle... a RT to run him completely out of a play. That's exactly what happened to Houston right there. He's run completely out of the play. Only problem is that he & Keenum keep playing & Newton didn't.

That was a 3 step drop, the ball should have been gone.

Newton should play to the whistle... that's the kind of spark you'd expect a QB change such as this would provide, but he didn't. Which brings me back to lip service.

Was there a spark on this team?

What makes you believe that was a three step drop and the ball was supposed to come out?

All the receivers are still running vertical. Look at where the sticks are, the time left in the game....a quick pass there doesn't make any sense if we are talking about the same play.

As far as was there a spark? Yes there was.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #286
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2328 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Case should start after the bye.

On the play in question, I think getting beat by a 3-man rush is far more egregious than the sack/strip. Pathetic by the OL. It was perhaps Keenum's biggest error of the game - he was so totally focused downfield. I'm sure he will get coached-on for these situations and be better the next time for it....

Goes without saying he did a lot more good things than bad in the game. Should his only serious mistake be hammered into everyone's consciousness? I don't think so....
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #287
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...e36aa6cc308649

Quote:
I haven't thought about it that way," he said. "In my mind, it's been the same thing every week preparing to play. Right now, we're still kind of looking back a little bit, watching cut-ups from the previous seven weeks, just still trying to get better as a team. I just need to work on being the best quarterback I can be."

Schaub, for his part, remains mum on the topic. He hasn't spoken to the media since Kubiak announced Keenum would start in Kansas City. But during the open part of practice Tuesday, Schaub was moving around without any readily apparent limitations.
Hopefully it means he knows he is done for.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #288
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum was not getting help from his OL. Some interesting observations in general re. the Chiefs game. [Read from bottom to top]

Quote:
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 12m
Hali & Houston are very talented OLBs that any team would be lucky to have. Poe and Derrick Johnson on a different level.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 13m
I had equal respect for Poe, DJ, Tamba Hali, and Justin Houston going into this game. Completely different feeling after All-22 vs Texans.
View conversation
Derrick Johnson has always been a special ILB. Poe takes him to a whole new level now.
View conversation
Poe is already at an elite level. He's on par with Haloti Ngata at the peak of his career. Versatile and determined. Eating humble pie.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 14m
Dontari Poe and Derrick Johnson are a deadly combo. Even when Poe's not making he plays, he's making plays.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 14m
The last sack was just a basic look that had 3 linemen come after Case Keenum. Derek Newton was just beat by Hali for sack FF & FR by DJ.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 15m
2 more of the sacks came when Kansas City brought a CB blitz w/ Derrick Johnson. 1st time both came at Wade Smith, 2nd vs Brooks.
View conversation
Then they lined Houston & Hali outside of Duane Brown to overload his side. Texans didn't have an answer for it.
View conversation
2 of the Chiefs sacks in the 4th came w/ KC lining Hali & Houston both outside of OTs on the same side of the line. 1st overloading Newton
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 16m
Texans gave up 0 sacks in the 1st half vs KC. 1 sack in the 3rd qtr, & 4 sacks in the 4th. Chiefs got creative in 4th vs no running threat.
View conversation
Duane Brown was obviously shaken up after the sack, injury. His technique wasn't crisp & struggled to get back inside after kick out.
View conversation
I was asked by a few people about Duane Brown. He played well, except after the right side gave up sack then rolled up on DB's legs.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 17m
While all 5 sacks weren't Derek Newton's fault, all 5 happened w/ him in the game at RT. 0 sacks were given up by Texans w/ Harris at RT.
View conversation
Still funny...to me. RT @JaysonBraddock: Derek Newton still has a kick out move that is as NFL caliber as Cotton from "King of the Hill"
View conversation
cont'd RT @JaysonBraddock: Hali crashed down on the run, Brooks runs thru the hole and doesn't pick up anyone successfully.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 18m
On a running play, Brooks pulled out & seemed loss due to Hali lining up wide of the receiver. Heard of wide 9, may have been wide 15?
View conversation
KC has a nice blend of players on their 3-4 front. Mike DeVito was troublesome for the Texans' OL against the run.
View conversation
Case Keenum played well for his 1st start, but he has to polish up several issues before the Colts' game.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 19m
Keenum also "aimed" too many passes. Once again, this is overly critical due to it being his first NFL action. He has to zip, out routes.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 19m
Keenum didn't do well at recognizing blitzes & missed his "hot" reads on a few sacks. He has to help his line out vs pressure & overload.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 20m
Reason it's obvious that it should be Keenum's offense was due to his ability to keep plays alive & eyes down field...most of the time.
View conversation
Keep hearing that Kubiak is conservative & doesn't try anything new. Also heard that he'd never go to "gimic" pistol, zone read, etc.
View conversation
Keenum played out of pistol for the whole game. He even ran some zone read, including the DeVier Posey play.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 21m
On zone read pass to Posey, he stops play fake early, due to Posey's window closing. Veteran zone read, move. Most would finish tuck/pull
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 21m
On out route to Hopkins, Keenum aimed the pass, which led to it being placed behind him. He's being cautious. Fine game 1, changes game 2
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 22m
Biggest mistake? VS single high safety LB, passes Graham off to safety who's turned away from Graham's seam route. Would of been 75 yd TD
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 22m
Hate beating a dead horse, but Ben Tate continued to prove that he's not a zone runner. Cuts take to long for timing windows.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 23m
On the deep throw to Garrett Graham, Andre Johnson destroyed Derrick Johnson on the pick to open Graham up. Several more picks vs KC for AJ.
View conversation
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 28m
After studying Texans offense yesterday, I tweeted out some notes last night. I'll send a few back out now.
View details
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #289
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the adjustments with case. I want to see better reads by case the next time around against a blitz. off line didn't do well, coach could read the blitz's, and so with keenum.

with that said, the guy (can't remember the name) that worked with case for the combine (he also worked with romo and some other great qb's) said that case was the smartest QB he's worked with.

case is a great QB in the making. I want to beef up the off line and get some linebackers. draft a low QB too..

you don't win a championship in high school, break several NCAA records, do great in the preseason and play against the best defense in the chiefs and call it a fluke. if the Texan's can commit that Case is the man, the team can move forward and not be in limbo.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #290
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post

You know what I get from that picture? Look at Newton. He's not riding his guy out wide. Look at his feet, look at his hips. He's beat. The man should not be playing in the NFL. That is a piss poor job of blocking.

Also, no one is open. What Keenum is definitely guilty of here is waiting for something to develop. You can't do that on your own goal line. He's trying too hard.
Old 10-25-2013   #291
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a great in-detail, honest, unbiased analysis, including multiple supporting illustrative screenshots, of the KC game and Keenum's play and Kubiak' play calling......A must read!

Quote:
Posted October 24, 2013
The All-22: Texans opened the playbook for Case Keenum before Chiefs closed it back up
Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, The All-22

Kubiak may be well-served by giving Keenum another shot, whether Schaub is healthy or not. He’s shown obvious inexperience, and things will become more complicated as opposing defensive coordinators get more tape on him, but it’s pretty clear that he brings an expansiveness to an offense that has been mired in predictability for far too long.
THE REST OF THE STORY
Old 10-25-2013   #292
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time we play the Chiefs I'm reminded that Charlie Casserly could have taken Derrick Johnson but instead traded back and selected Travis Johnson. Apparently he could not hear me screaming at my radio at the time.

Every time I think of that I die just a little bit on the inside.
Old 10-25-2013   #293
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Keenum was far from satisfied with his play Sunday (Dale Robertson).

Quote:
Crunch time irks QB

Without a healthy running back in the second half - Arian Foster was out with an encore hamstring tweak, and Ben Tate tried to play with multiple broken ribs, but his four post-halftime carries were for 1, minus-1, 0 and 1 yard - the Chiefs ratcheted up pressure on Keenum until he was being buried on almost every play. Already leading the NFL in sacks, they exploited the Texans' single-dimension offense and the quarterback's inexperience with vigor, dumping him for sizable losses on three successive third downs before crushing him one last time on second-and-10, finally forcing the fumble that would be the Texans' lone turnover on the afternoon.

Kansas City was sending more rushers than the Texans had blockers, and Keenum didn't yet possess the wherewithal or acumen to adjust accordingly on the fly. However, after replaying the situations repeatedly both in his mind and on the video screen, he promised it wouldn't happen to him the same way next time, whenever that next time comes.

"The sacks were on me," he said. "But I won't make the same mistakes twice."

A road warrior in the making?

Case Keenum posted a higher quarterback rating in his first NFL road start than any Houston quarterback who preceded him. How his numbers in Kansas City compared to those posted by the city's most prominent:

Player Year Week Opp. Result Cmp. Att. Pct. Yds. TD Int. Rating

Dan Pastorini 1971 6 at Steelers L 23-16 17 3450.0 191 0 1 54.9

Warren Moon 1984 1 at Chargers L 31-14 11 3135.5 212 1 0 70.9

Steve McNair 1995 16 at Buffalo W 28-17 12 2646.2 168 1 0 80.3

David Carr 2002 2 at Chargers L 24-3 6 2524.0 87 0 2 8.2

Matt Schaub* 2004 15 at Saints L 41-17 17 4141.5 188 0 2 35.4

T. J. Yates 2011 13 at Bengals W 20-19 26 4459.0 300 2 1 85.4

Case Keenum 2013 7 at Chiefs L 17-16 15 2560.0 271 1 0 110.6
Rest of the story
Old 10-25-2013   #294
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Colin Kaepernick's first start (albeit at home)
W 32-7 16 comp 23 att 69.6% 243 yards 10.6 ypa 2TD 0 Ints 1 sack 133.1 rate 0 fumbles

I think this is most comparable since he was not the starter & only had 1 week to prepare as the starter. Granted as the #2 he was being prepared similar to the starter & he took garbage time snaps before his first start.

Andrew Luck after OTAs & Training camp as the starter
@CHI L 23 comp 45 att 51.1pct 309 yards 6.9 ypa 1 TD 3 INT 3 sacks 1 fumble

Russell Wilson won the starting job in the preseason
@ ARI W 58-0 18 comp 34 att 52.9 pct 153 yards 4.5 ypa 1 TD 1 INT 3 sacks 1 fumble

I know some people say it's ludicrous to compare Case Keenum to Andrew Luck. But those three guys are considered to be "franchise" QBs. If the idea is to see if Keenum can be a franchise guy, I don't know who else to compare him to.

& Keenum compares well after 1 start. Playing a tougher defense, statistically, with less preperation.
Old 10-25-2013   #295
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Colin Kaepernick's first start (albeit at home)
W 32-7 16 comp 23 att 69.6% 243 yards 10.6 ypa 2TD 0 Ints 1 sack 133.1 rate 0 fumbles

I think this is most comparable since he was not the starter & only had 1 week to prepare as the starter. Granted as the #2 he was being prepared similar to the starter & he took garbage time snaps before his first start.

Andrew Luck after OTAs & Training camp as the starter
@CHI L 23 comp 45 att 51.1pct 309 yards 6.9 ypa 1 TD 3 INT 3 sacks 1 fumble

Russell Wilson won the starting job in the preseason
@ ARI W 58-0 18 comp 34 att 52.9 pct 153 yards 4.5 ypa 1 TD 1 INT 3 sacks 1 fumble

I know some people say it's ludicrous to compare Case Keenum to Andrew Luck. But those three guys are considered to be "franchise" QBs. If the idea is to see if Keenum can be a franchise guy, I don't know who else to compare him to.

& Keenum compares well after 1 start. Playing a tougher defense, statistically, with less preperation.
Thanks for those extra stats.
Old 10-25-2013   #296
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

from doc's all 22 link

Quote:
We knew he could throw the ball. Him in that shotgun-type of look, where he looks like hes going to hand it off, sometimes that slows the rush down because [you dont know] if it could be a run, or it could be a pass. Once we know it is a pass, we can go after him.
and this is why you keep a back in at this level. you have to at least threaten the run, even if running doesnt work. you also have to keep the back in for blitz pickup to prevent a free rusher. this becomes infinitely more important when you have a young quarterback who's not as able to protect himself with hot reads and only a week to prepare.
Old 10-25-2013   #297
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

We all know Keenum is going to get the start, the only question is how they spin it: Schaub to IR or too injured to play or talk about a real demotion and how Keenum gives them a spark they need goin forward?
Old 10-25-2013   #298
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
We all know Keenum is going to get the start, the only question is how they spin it: Schaub to IR or too injured to play or talk about a real demotion and how Keenum gives them a spark they need goin forward?
I'm thinking for at least one more week, they'll say something to the extent of giving Schaub another week to heal up, not rushing him back, etc. etc. If Keenum stinks it up, that gives Kubiak an easy way to start Schaub in the next game. If Keenum plays well, shows progress from the KC game, then Kubiak will have to officially bench Schaub for the following game.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #299
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

And the soap opera "All My Texans" continues to play on and on and on .......

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #300
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe there's actually 19 posters on this board that want to see Schaub start. For what?.. what possibly do we have to gain out of him starting?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read