Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2013   #61
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dobbins let go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this much roster churn at the bottom of the roster tells me that the Texans did a poor job in the preseason. I don't ever recall seeing a team cut this many players at the end of the roster at mid season.
Worst part in my opinion about all of this is that we kept these dudes and cut Chris Jones who we used a draft pick on. He's now with the Patriots and has started 2 games for them and has 3.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Looks like he would've been the high motor player next to Watt that we all wanted.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #62
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this much roster churn at the bottom of the roster tells me that the Texans did a poor job in the preseason. I don't ever recall seeing a team cut this many players at the end of the roster at mid season.
What's worse is that it's damn near just a big LB mess. Cushing down, Dobbins, Montgomery, and Jefferson given a road map and a apple. We got four LB positions to fill.

The RB situation is no big deal. We can fill that in any number of ways without any trouble. LB though.... we're screwed there.

Now I'm perfectly willing to believe that there's a LB out there who can help us sitting on someone's practice squad. 31 other practice squads out there to dig through tells me we could find one guy pretty easily. Throw in the street free agents in our price range and I bet we find two of them.

Four? Not going to happen.
Old 10-23-2013   #63
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Worst part in my opinion about all of this is that we kept these dudes and cut Chris Jones who we used a draft pick on. He's now with the Patriots and has started 2 games for them and has 3.5 sacks and 18 tackles. Looks like he would've been the high motor player next to Watt that we all wanted.
everyone is excited about him up in Boston...ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What's worse is that it's damn near just a big LB mess. Cushing down, Dobbins, Montgomery, and Jefferson given a road map and a apple. We got four LB positions to fill.

The RB situation is no big deal. We can fill that in any number of ways without any trouble. LB though.... we're screwed there.

Now I'm perfectly willing to believe that there's a LB out there who can help us sitting on someone's practice squad. 31 other practice squads out there to dig through tells me we could find one guy pretty easily. Throw in the street free agents in our price range and I bet we find two of them.

Four? Not going to happen.
The 1-6 Giants needed inside help and swing a deal for Jon Beason. Beason is adjusting well and is now leading that defense. Hell, he won't fix the Giants but he is helping cover a big hole. It's funny how some organizations move fast and start fixing problems and how we move at glacial speed. Perhaps this trash can dumpster of a season can help McNair realize that his slow, plodding organization needs to find a way to maneuver quicker with their moves around the league. The Kubiak offense has the same dystopia in that it doesn't really evolve very quickly either. It's too much of a good ol boy system it seems.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #64
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear you. That's kind of where I'm at with filling all four spots with anyone worth a damn. I don't see the Texans even imagining the dynamic steps that would be required to find a player who could really fix any of this. We'll get a good PS LB from someone. We'll find a guy at a bargain price like Ruud was last year who will contribute and who some of us will take a shine to. That's about it.

No trades are going to happen and nobody is going to come out of nowhere to have a break out season. We're just not that kind of team. We "grind" our way to success in a slow, methodical, controlled, and "sincere" process that all of the coaches and front office personnel are in agreement over.

6 wins and no, two of them won't be against the Jaguars. They'll beat our butts at some point this year. This is exactly the kind of season where you get beat by a team like that if you're a team like ours.
Old 10-23-2013   #65
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sticks out here because the Texans. Really are not roster churners. Sme teams tell anybody who is not in the top 40 on the roster to. Have a suitcase ready. Really does not fit our slow...ooops steady as you good methods
Old 10-23-2013   #66
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He's been a nice surprise for the Patriots and filling in nicely for Vince Wilfork. But he also makes a lot of mistakes as well. Didn't he make the costly penalty that lost the game for the Patriots?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1491343

The kid can obviously play and has been good for a sixth-round pick but if we had kept him, I don't see our 2-5 situation being any better to be honest. I think we can find a better nose tackle in the upcoming draft. We need to draft an inside linebacker in the first or second round, in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2013   #67
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

We've been looking for a nose tackle since Seth Payne played. We've been saying we can find a NT in the draft forever and drafted the huge bust Dookie Howser in the top 10 to hopefully find one. I agree that we wouldn't be undefeated if we had kept him, but at least it would be somebody on the DL besides Watt who can get a sack maybe.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #68
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
He's been a nice surprise for the Patriots and filling in nicely for Vince Wilfork. But he also makes a lot of mistakes as well. Didn't he make the costly penalty that lost the game for the Patriots?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1491343

The kid can obviously play and has been good for a sixth-round pick but if we had kept him, I don't see our 2-5 situation being any better to be honest. I think we can find a better nose tackle in the upcoming draft. We need to draft an inside linebacker in the first or second round, in my opinion.
I'm rarely ok with letting good players go to keep not as good players. Especially when it seemed it was fairly obvious that player let go had a brighter future.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #69
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's too much of a good ol boy system it seems.
Amen. It is what it is, but it certainly comes with handcuffs in regards to acquiring "Football Players"

If it was the NMRL (National Mr. Rodgers League), we'd already have won a Super Bowl by now, I'm CERTAIN!!

But I digress.. I don't own the team, I just cheer...
Old 10-24-2013   #70
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

tank mode indeed
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnbni99a View Post
tank mode indeed
This isn't a tank mode...................if it were, season ticket holders should get together and pay a "cordial" visit, not to Schaub's or Kubiak's house, but Bob's Place............with pitchforks and torches.....
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #72
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This isn't a tank mode...................if it were, season ticket holders should get together and pay a "cordial" visit, not to Schaub's or Kubiak's house, but Bob's Place............with pitchforks and torches.....
Which is why it's top-secret tank mode.

Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #73
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Which is why it's top-secret tank mode.

That's right. As of this moment I'm placing the Texans on Double-Secret Tank Mode!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read