Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2013   #21
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

AJ has been fairly compensated playing for the Texans. They owe him nothing.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's keep AJ and trade Kubiak.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't trade AJ for the simple fact that I believe this team can still win a ring next year with a good off season this go round.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #24
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

If Rick Smith could get anything more than a quart of outdated milk and a used condom for Kubiak he would deserve 3 executive of the year awards and a Nobel prize.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #25
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre deserves the chance to be on a legitimate contender, he has max 3 years left. I find the argument that he's been "paid accordingly" quite narrow and self serving. How many times has he restructured to give team flexibility? He's been patient, a great professional and if he even hinted at wanting out I would hope he wasn't held hostage.

I wouldn't initiate a deal because you wouldn't get as much as you would think, but if he wished to go then you grant him his release.
Old 10-23-2013   #26
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Dre deserves the chance to be on a legitimate contender, he has max 3 years left. I find the argument that he's been "paid accordingly" quite narrow and self serving. How many times has he restructured to give team flexibility? He's been patient, a great professional and if he even hinted at wanting out I would hope he wasn't held hostage.

I wouldn't initiate a deal because you wouldn't get as much as you would think, but if he wished to go then you grant him his release.

When has he restructed and got the short end of the deal? The restructures always benefited Dre
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #27
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantasy football mentality.

Team. That's all there is in this sport.

If he's not on my team I'm not rooting for him.

No.
Old 10-23-2013   #28
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
When has he restructed and got the short end of the deal? The restructures always benefited Dre
Thats right he was the one who asked the team to stretch out his payments. It's not Andres fault that the GM can't figure it out and has to routinely ask the veterans to take less money in order to meet his budget.

Should Dre just give money back? I don't get your argument.
Old 10-23-2013   #29
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats right he was the one who asked the team to stretch out his payments. It's not Andres fault that the GM can't figure it out and has to routinely ask the veterans to take less money in order to meet his budget.

Should Dre just give money back? I don't get your argument.

Clearly you dont get how restructures work. Andre was better off after each restructure. I never made mention of asking him for money back but lets not act like Dre did what was is in the best interest of the team and nothing else. He benefited too
Old 10-23-2013   #30
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Clearly you dont get how restructures work. Andre was better off after each restructure. I never made mention of asking him for money back but lets not act like Dre did what was is in the best interest of the team and nothing else. He benefited too
I understand that, but at the behest of whom? He also didn't have to restructure, only did it because it would help the team at the time of the request.
Old 10-23-2013   #31
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that, but at the behest of whom? He also didn't have to restructure, only did it because it would help the team at the time of the request.

And help himself. More guaranteed money up front.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #32
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Only if whomever we trade him to (as long as it isn't Dallas) wins a Superbowl the following year. I'd like to see him leave with a Superbowl ring. He deserves it. But insofar as trading him, he's an asset to the team and a real leader. You don't trade guys like that. You let them retire in your jersey so there can be no doubt as to which team they'll be listed with when they enter the hall of fame.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's actually a baseball mentality . If you stink and are out of the race , you have a liquadation sale to better your future .

In theory , if you think the Texans are a couple of pieces away , you keep him . If you think the ship has passed , you trade him . I have no idea where the Texans stand except I believe they way over valued themselves in certain areas and it's killed them .
Old 10-23-2013   #34
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:

The team asked and he benefited. Of course he didnt have to but since he was getting benefits from it why wouldnt he go along? Please do tell me what reason he would reject their request
Old 10-23-2013   #35
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It's actually a baseball mentality . If you stink and are out of the race , you have a liquadation sale to better your future .

In theory , if you think the Texans are a couple of pieces away , you keep him . If you think the ship has passed , you trade him . I have no idea where the Texans stand except I believe they way over valued themselves in certain areas and it's killed them .
Hey, I like your explanation better.
Old 10-23-2013   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
whos our qb?

Case Keenum. He's gonna make the magic happen!
Old 10-23-2013   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Never.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #38
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I guess maybe if we were the Jaguars with no freaking chance what so ever any time soon but this team still has quite a bit of talent. I just don't see us out of for the next couple of years at least if we can fix a couple of spots.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #39
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Case Keenum. He's gonna make the magic happen!
If Case proves to be the real deal , that's a huge boost for the Texans future . I do think Case knows how to use players strengths like a good ponit guard which would allow them to get a Sproles type guy . I think this may help cure the 3rd and 8 yds but throw 4 yds with no YACs . I think with Case , we may even bring back the fade .
Old 10-23-2013   #40
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
The team asked and he benefited. Of course he didnt have to but since he was getting benefits from it why wouldnt he go along? Please do tell me what reason he would reject their request
The sense I'm getting is that Andre had some kind of selfish agenda to accept a longer term deal, and I won't cast that light on him. The team asked him to help them out, if it didn't benefit the team then why go through with it in the first place? Andre Johnson is a class act, and he will always do what's best for the team first. Did it benefit him? Sure it did. Did it benefit the team? Most certainly. Why would it behoove him not to take a bonus and alleviatec cap space? Good question, but it didn't only benefit Andre.

Maybe yourself, or someone with a firm understanding of cap management/finance could explain it to a blue collar guy like myself, what would be the benefit of dragging out the pay longer vs short term lump sum? Almost like the lottery? Do you get more up front in a cash payout vs interest over X amount of years?

If you need metal parts cut to a tolerance of .001 I'm your guy, finance not so much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read