Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

man im starting to think about it. i wish we keep him, but i think he deserves a chance with a contender.
would like to see him with brady.

possibly frees up money, maybe gets us a 3rd rder and AJ gets to make a deep playoff run the next 2 years.

i know its not gunna happen, but id like to see it. guy is a hf that deserves better than this.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

No.
Old 10-22-2013   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
No.
even if it means he gets a ring?
Old 10-22-2013   #4
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough one. I would like to see him contend too, but I'm sure he is really loyal to this city and has settled in for good. Doubt he would leave this franchise through the last years of his career. JMO
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #5
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44745 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-22-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Schaub gone next year, and probably Wade Smith too, and the Ninja either gone or taking a pay cut, we can get an upgrade on the D-line while still able to extend Watt's contract.

Draft a RT and a G; we can get AJ a ring.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With Schaub gone next year, and probably Wade Smith too, and the Ninja either gone or taking a pay cut, we can get an upgrade on the D-line while still able to extend Watt's contract.

whos our qb?
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

When did the Texans become a charity? A 3rd rounder is absurd. I frankly don't care if AJ gets a SB ring unless it is with the Texans. And most importantly it would kill the Texans' cap with dead money.
Old 10-23-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hey, if it's ok to start stupid threads now, can I start an Andrew Luck vs Case Keenum thread yet?

Statistically his first game makes it a viable argument & it's the question we'll be asking for years if Keenum is our future.
Old 10-23-2013   #10
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 5057 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

r u crazy
Old 10-23-2013   #11
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

I don't get the whole "I want him to win elsewhere."

It would suck if Andre were to win a championship somewhere else IMO because that would be the team he may think more fondly of. Suddenly that becomes the team he's remembered for playing on in everywhere but Houston.

So no.
Old 10-23-2013   #12
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 17619 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Sh!t, only if Old Bob takes him to Zales..........
Old 10-23-2013   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely not.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
whos our qb?
Keenum, obviously.

You get him on the cheap; use the savings to shore up other positions.

There are more exciting possibilities in the draft in 2015 and beyond.
The Freshman from Fla St. for example, Jameis Winston; he's the number one QB prospect in his class and he has done incredibly well.
Another possibility is in our own backyard, another QB from UH (hailed from Florida); he has the size that Keenum doesn't have.
Just to name a few.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh, no.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
A 3rd rounder is absurd. I frankly don't care if AJ gets a SB ring unless it is with the Texans. And most importantly it would kill the Texans' cap with dead money.
The Ravens only got a 6th for Bouldin who's cap hit is close to what AJ's will be next year .... I think they are comparable players at this point in their careers.

A 6th .... seems absolutely nucking futs for him , I wouldn't expect much more (If at all) for AJ ....

The second point , yeah since they have redone his deal so damn many times , all that bonus $$$ would hit the cap immediately .... I don't know how much it is , but its likely a whole lot.

Trading AJ is pointless .... You'd get little return and have a sh!tload of dead money.

I like the idea of the salary cap .... I just don't like the execution of it by the NFL , its so prohibitive to player movement and doesn't allow teams the ability to maximize return on players via trade.
I much prefer the NBA version .... it allows for a whole lot more flexibility for players and teams in terms of player movement.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'd hate to see him go I understand your point of view and he does deserve to play for a contender and not go through a rebuilding process this late in his career. It all depends on what we'd get for him in trade.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
man im starting to think about it. i wish we keep him, but i think he deserves a chance with a contender.
would like to see him with brady.

possibly frees up money, maybe gets us a 3rd rder and AJ gets to make a deep playoff run the next 2 years.

i know its not gunna happen, but id like to see it. guy is a hf that deserves better than this.
Only if that's what HE wants.

Now from everything I've ever heard or read, that's not where his head is at. He wants one - naturally, everyone who plays does - but I think he wants to get it here.
Old 10-23-2013   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Only if that's what HE wants.
Doesn't matter what he wants .... It makes no sense for the team to trade #80 , no return on the investment and a massive cap hit.

The idea of giving AJ an opportunity with a contender is nice and all .... Its just not realistic.

/lock thread.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #20
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The Ravens only got a 6th for Bouldin who's cap hit is close to what AJ's will be next year .... I think they are comparable players at this point in their careers.

A 6th .... seems absolutely nucking futs for him , I wouldn't expect much more (If at all) for AJ ....

The second point , yeah since they have redone his deal so damn many times , all that bonus $$$ would hit the cap immediately .... I don't know how much it is , but its likely a whole lot.

Trading AJ is pointless .... You'd get little return and have a sh!tload of dead money.

I like the idea of the salary cap .... I just don't like the execution of it by the NFL , its so prohibitive to player movement and doesn't allow teams the ability to maximize return on players via trade.
I much prefer the NBA version .... it allows for a whole lot more flexibility for players and teams in terms of player movement.
No to the OP question.

I also think if Andre is traded tomorrow we absolutely get higher than a 6th for him.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read