Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2013   #121
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90222 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Said it in another thread. Trent Richardson has no explosion, no vision and is an average (and that's being nice) at best running back. A poor man's Legarrette Blount.
While we all laughed at the Browns for this trade, it doesn't look so stupid anymore, especially since the upcoming draft is a hell of a lot stronger than last year.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #122
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He's looking like the new age Ron Dayne.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #123
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112130 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Richardson would turn the corner in the Colts offense.

At this point, it looks like the Colts wasted another 1st round pick on an average RB (Donald Brown) and the Browns come out of this looking pretty good.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #124
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
While we all laughed at the Browns for this trade, it doesn't look so stupid anymore, especially since the upcoming draft is a hell of a lot stronger than last year.
Who's we kemosabe?

I'm just surprised he has managed to lower his ypc in Indy.
Old 10-21-2013   #125
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90222 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Who's we kemosabe?

I'm just surprised he has managed to lower his ypc in Indy.
OK, a lot of so-called experts, myself included. Happy?

Old 10-22-2013   #126
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With Reggie Wayne out, the Colts would have been a million times better off getting Josh Gordon for that 1st. They really should be trying to get Gordon from Cleveland though, he would be amazing with Luck at QB. Two 2nds ought to do it if Indy really thinks they can go deep in the playoffs this year.
Old 10-22-2013   #127
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
With Reggie Wayne out, the Colts would have been a million times better off getting Josh Gordon for that 1st. They really should be trying to get Gordon from Cleveland though, he would be amazing with Luck at QB. Two 2nds ought to do it if Indy really thinks they can go deep in the playoffs this year.
That was exactly what i was thinking, i just hope it doesn't happen
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #128
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Gordon is not worth that much. I'm worried they may make a play for Hakeem Nicks, who they can get dirt cheap right now (UFA after the season)

Old 10-22-2013   #129
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gordon is not worth that much. I'm worried they may make a play for Hakeem Nicks, who they can get dirt cheap right now (UFA after the season)
Yeah he is, for a few reasons. He's young, has a lot of room to grow, he's really damn fast, he's producing with one of the ****tiest QB corps in the league, and his contract is extremely cheap. Any team that trades for Josh Gordon now will only need to pay him about 530k the rest of the year, making him easy to add.

The Colts currently have about 1.3 million in free capspace.

Hakeem Nicks has a salary of $2,675,000 this year, 9 weeks of remaining salary will cost 1.416 million for the rest of the season. That means the Colts would need to drop some more cash elsewhere to stay under the cap. Maybe they could restructure someone, but it would take some extra work to make it happen. Gordon can be had outright, and will be cheap through 2015.
Old 10-22-2013   #130
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Never understood the Trent richardson hype. He's always looked like an average to below avg player. Was thrilled when the colts made the trade because that's one less good player around luck.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #131
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah he is, for a few reasons. He's young, has a lot of room to grow, he's really damn fast, he's producing with one of the ****tiest QB corps in the league, and his contract is extremely cheap. Any team that trades for Josh Gordon now will only need to pay him about 530k the rest of the year, making him easy to add.

The Colts currently have about 1.3 million in free capspace.

Hakeem Nicks has a salary of $2,675,000 this year, 9 weeks of remaining salary will cost 1.416 million for the rest of the season. That means the Colts would need to drop some more cash elsewhere to stay under the cap. Maybe they could restructure someone, but it would take some extra work to make it happen. Gordon can be had outright, and will be cheap through 2015.
Luck is making heyward bey look competent. I'd hate for them to get Gordon.
Old 10-22-2013   #132
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Luck is making heyward bey look competent. I'd hate for them to get Gordon.
Yeah, I'm not rooting for it, just discussing. It's funny that they traded their #1 for a RB that appears to not be worth a 4th now, when they possibly could have gotten Gordon instead. I think Gordon is really good, and I would be surprised to see the Browns get any less than a 1st or two 2nds for him. I know he has some character issues, but that doesn't seem to be a problem now. If I were Indy, I would be trying to get all the best players I could, their team is a true contender. Gordon is exactly what they need to replace Wayne, and he supposedly available.
Old 10-22-2013   #133
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not rooting for it, just discussing. It's funny that they traded their #1 for a RB that appears to not be worth a 4th now, when they possibly could have gotten Gordon instead. I think Gordon is really good, and I would be surprised to see the Browns get any less than a 1st or two 2nds for him. I know he has some character issues, but that doesn't seem to be a problem now. If I were Indy, I would be trying to get all the best players I could, their team is a true contender. Gordon is exactly what they need to replace Wayne, and he supposedly available.
I just don't see the Browns trading him. Then again, this is the Browns...

Old 10-22-2013   #134
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I just don't see the Browns trading him. Then again, this is the Browns...
The Browns got him for a supplemental 2nd round pick bid with the old regime, so I think they might not be opposed to trading him for the right price. I know they would much rather trade Greg Little, who was also a 2nd round pick, but his upside is sooooo much less than Gordon, that I don't think they will get any more than a 4th for him.

The new regime clearly made a statement in trading Trich, so I could see them dealing Gordon. I think he's one of the most talented players on the team currently, so I would be against it. There are rumors that the Browns have a few offers for him though, which is probably true, but nothing they can't refuse. The Colts would be wise to offer at least a 2nd for him, he's worth it.
Old 10-22-2013   #135
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Browns got him for a supplemental 2nd round pick bid with the old regime, so I think they might not be opposed to trading him for the right price. I know they would much rather trade Greg Little, who was also a 2nd round pick, but his upside is sooooo much less than Gordon, that I don't think they will get any more than a 4th for him.

The new regime clearly made a statement in trading Trich, so I could see them dealing Gordon. I think he's one of the most talented players on the team currently, so I would be against it. There are rumors that the Browns have a few offers for him though, which is probably true, but nothing they can't refuse. The Colts would be wise to offer at least a 2nd for him, he's worth it.
The only way they depart with their highest remaining pick is if they truly believe they have a shot to win it all. Otherwise they are smart enough to patiently draft one in the 2nd round, and find value at free agency. They are a team that places a lot of emphasis on drafting, (which explains why its such a frigging enviable franchise) so I doubt this happens.

Old 10-22-2013   #136
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not rooting for it, just discussing. It's funny that they traded their #1 for a RB that appears to not be worth a 4th now, when they possibly could have gotten Gordon instead...
Gordon is top 15 WR talent, maybe top 10.

But it appears he has one more strike & he's out of the league for a year. That's a lot of risk.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #137
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Browns are still the losers here. They paid a top 5 pick for him
Old 10-22-2013   #138
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Browns are still the losers here. They paid a top 5 pick for him
That's true, but it's not often you can trade a guy you pick that high but don't want for another 1st. Definitely softens the blow some.

I don't know if this is the same browns regime that picked him, but if it is not, I'd say it's a win for the new guys.
Old 10-22-2013   #139
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never understood why the Colts made this deal and I bet they are wishing they didn't now.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #140
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I never understood why the Colts made this deal and I bet they are wishing they didn't now.
Browns have a legit defense; Hayden is a stud, Phil Taylor is pretty good on the DL, and their DC used to be the DC for the Cards (And yes the Cards last year were very good on defense).

Their offense actually looked good for the brief time we saw Brian Hoyer (of all people) but Weeden sucks something so bad. Gordon and Cameron are studs, and Joe Thomas is a legit top LT year in and year out. Alex Mack is a pretty good C so it's not like their cupboard is totally bare.

I think the COlts are trying to implement some stupid "hey lets talk the ball out of our best players hands for balance reasons" and it's not going to go well for them. I'll be interested in seeing how Luck responds to losing his most experienced weapon, but I'm not a big fan of Pagano as a coach. I don't think he's much better than mediocre. And their FA acquisitions may leave a lot to be desired.

Seasons about midway through, it's guaranteed that this will look different at the end of the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read