Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-17-2013   #101
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Who Should I Start Thread

Start Case Keenum everyone

htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #102
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Doug Martin has outscored CJ Spiller by 10+ points in both of my leagues this year, and he has played 1 less game, AND he isn't dealing with an ankle injury. Martin is clearly the better player for the rest of the season.
Old 10-17-2013   #103
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Doug Martin has outscored CJ Spiller by 10+ points in both of my leagues this year, and he has played 1 less game, AND he isn't dealing with an ankle injury. Martin is clearly the better player for the rest of the season.
I agree that Martin is the better back to have and I was off the Spiller wagon long before the season started. I didn't realize CJ had played an extra game but that still puts them at roughly 8 ppg for Spiller and 11 for Martin in my main league. At this point though they both have been busts for where they were picked and I wouldn't fault someone too much for making the trade.
Old 10-18-2013   #104
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post

My wifes opponent this week started Keenum .... he's projected to put up 10.5 points.

Considering how last week went - the Texans defense scoring a Zero , Matt Schaub (7.4) being the only viable replacement for Matt Ryan being on a bye .... Ray Rice going from fantasy stud to dud .... I think he's giving her a handicap (he's sitting Aaron Rodgers) ..... she's not had a good year with what looked like a strong fantasy roster.

Week one starters - put up 135.6 points .... last week 76 points.

Matt Ryan
Ray Rice
Reggie Bush
A.J. Green
Antonio Brown
Antonio Gates
Pierre Garcon
Texans D/ST
Greg Zuerlein, StL K

Bench week 1 47.5 points .... last week 7.1 points.

Michael Vick
Mike Williams (TB)
Shonn Greene
Jacquizz Rodgers
Kendall Wright
Coby Fleener
LaRod Stephens-Howling

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #105
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Ugh, my first time playing fantasy this year as the GM for my wife's team because she was sucking. She traded our #1 RB Doug Martin for CJ Spiller. I'm pissed but just thought I'd see if anyone can back me up on how terrible that decision was or if I'm just being a douche.
Looks like your wife can predict the future....

There is no way i would have done the trade then though
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #106
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a lot of crow to eat with that one. She was right, I guess, and I told her that and it hurt.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #107
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Up by 10 points, I needed Marshawn Lynch to have a crappy game. I also had Greg the Leg left to play. He outplayed Lynch by quite a few points.

On to next week.
Old 10-29-2013   #108
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I had a lot of crow to eat with that one. She was right, I guess, and I told her that and it hurt.
That's just dumb luck, you can't predict injury. Spiller had .8 points this week, that's not much of a difference to the guy that didn't play.
Old 10-30-2013   #109
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Debating my final WR slot for week 9.

Stevie Johnson(BUF) at home vs KC. Per Yahoo, Johnson(hip flexor) was noticeably limping and hobbling around for much of the second half.

vs.

Marvin Jones(CIN) @ MIA. Jones was targeted 8 times last week vs Jets with 4 td's. Targeted 6 times w/TD the week prior and targeted 5 times w/TD the week prior. He's a no-namer, whos trend is showing more involvement with each week.

Normally I'd stick with Johnson, but against KC and I'm not keen on hip flexor.

I'm in 2nd place in my league right now and 3-5th is a game back. this is a crucial pick.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013   #110
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post

Stevie Johnson(BUF) at home vs KC. Per Yahoo, Johnson(hip flexor) was noticeably limping and hobbling around for much of the second half.

vs.

Marvin Jones(CIN) @ MIA. Jones was targeted 8 times last week vs Jets with 4 td's. Targeted 6 times w/TD the week prior and targeted 5 times w/TD the week prior. He's a no-namer, whos trend is showing more involvement with each week.

I'm in 2nd place in my league right now and 3-5th is a game back. this is a crucial pick.

Thanks!
Marvin Jones would be mine. Johnson looked really hurt at the end of the Saints game and Marvin has destroyed it in fantasy leagues the past 3 weeks....
Old 10-31-2013   #111
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:

vs.

Thanks!
Marvin Jones. Andy Dalton is on a hot streak and he's caught touchdowns successively, I think. I tried to nab him on waivers but I have the worst waiver claim possible, so it didn't work out. I'll be starting Josh Gordon instead. I left him out in all three of my leagues last week (won all three, so no biggie) and left a lot of points on the bench. I'll be counting on him to produce.
Old 10-31-2013   #112
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks htown and Scott, for confirming my thoughts. I had tentatively put Marvin in, in case I missed a chance to update my lineup again prior to a camping trip I start on Friday. Much for the same reasons you both convey.
Old 10-31-2013   #113
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Quote:

Can't do it! Not quite yet. But I do wonder how many Case supporters out there will? If you started Case, post up!

For all the chatter in the past month supporting Case, I would expect there to be a good dozen people on this board who've picked him up at the very least, but they should put their boy in the starter slot! Go all in! HAHAHA

What's more, I'd love to see that strategy pay off for you. I'm chicken but........

Won't mind eating crow.
Old 10-31-2013   #114
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
Can't do it! Not quite yet. But I do wonder how many Case supporters out there will? If you started Case, post up!

For all the chatter in the past month supporting Case, I would expect there to be a good dozen people on this board who've picked him up at the very least, but they should put their boy in the starter slot! Go all in! HAHAHA

What's more, I'd love to see that strategy pay off for you. I'm chicken but........

Won't mind eating crow.
Case is on the ESPN Fantasy guys list of buy low stock... He is getting some props
Old 10-31-2013   #115
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum or Jason Campbell?

regular scoring. Assuming I can get Case off of Waivers.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013   #116
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post

How bad is your QB situation that those are your only choices? YIKES

Campbell played very well last week but I think Case has more/better weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013   #117
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post

Eek. Is no one else available? Terrelle Pryor, Ryan Tannehill, and a few other better options are still available in my league.

Keenum, I think.
Old 10-31-2013   #118
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Given Campbell vs Keenam, I'd have to go all homer on this.

Campbell isn't what I'd want to consider an upgrade, so if the brain says it's a split.. go with the heart.
Old 10-31-2013   #119
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
How bad is your QB situation that those are your only choices? YIKES

Campbell played very well last week but I think Case has more/better weapons.
Quote:
Eek. Is no one else available? Terrelle Pryor, Ryan Tannehill, and a few other better options are still available in my league.

Keenum, I think.
Quote:
Given Campbell vs Keenam, I'd have to go all homer on this.

Campbell isn't what I'd want to consider an upgrade, so if the brain says it's a split.. go with the heart.
It's a 16 person league. My starting QB is Stafford so he's on bye. I had some other options, throughout the season but they all go injured. In the draft QBs went early and often. I ended up with Richardson, Fred Jackson, Woodhead, and Forte at RB though. I also had Pierre Thomas but traded him earlier for some WR help. So I ended up okay.

I currently have Campbell on the roster and I'm hoping for Keenum on waivers.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #120
SCOTTexans
All Pro

NON PPR

(1) Flex
(2) WR
(2) RB

Wr Fitzgerald
Wr Torrey Smith
Wr Keenan Allen
Wr Cecil Short
Wr Brian HArline

RB - Johnson
Rb - Bell
Rb - Zac Stacy
RB - Mike James

Its a good problem but a must win game against the leader

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read