Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #201
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I agree and I have my own laundry list of problems, but to say were a sub 500 team, stupid.
you might want to actually watch us play then.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #202
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
If the Texans trade Schaub today, the remaining signing bonus money that is still on the book will remain; however, his base salary of $7.25M will be prorated.

Schaub only earns 3/16th of that amount.
The Texans can choose to go with just two QBs and save all that money (some $6M this year.

They can use that money on a veteran QB or at any other position.
I don't think any team would take MS in a trade. The good ones or wanna be good ones already have better. The building teams don't want an older high priced QB. Who do you think would trade for MS and what would we get in return or have to give?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #203
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Don't agree. We lose the next two and the fan uproar will be cataclysmic. McNair knows about positive public perception and will quietly force some change.
This thought has been rolling around the recesses of my mind as well. I wouldn't be surprised after another pick-6 today. I wouldn't be surprised by status quo either.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #204
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

They can still turn this ship around.

The division looks tough but Tennesse has Seattle and KC the next two games and the status of Locker is up in the air all of a sudden.

I think it looks bad now but looking back over it, we are going through the toughest part of the schedule and we hung tough with who many consider the best team in the NFL. If only our QB wasn't throwing a pick 6 every game...

I guess, we'll see how Tenn does against the meat of their schedule and Indy still has to play seattle next week I think. We could be in the lead for the division next Sunday with a win. Figuring our QB doesn't throw his now weekly pick 6 that is.
Old 09-29-2013   #205
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the OP. This season is a sinking ship.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #206
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
They can still turn this ship around.

The division looks tough but Tennesse has Seattle and KC the next two games and the status of Locker is up in the air all of a sudden.

I think it looks bad now but looking back over it, we are going through the toughest part of the schedule and we hung tough with who many consider the best team in the NFL. If only our QB wasn't throwing a pick 6 every game...

I guess, we'll see how Tenn does against the meat of their schedule and Indy still has to play seattle next week I think. We could be in the lead for the division next Sunday with a win. Figuring our QB doesn't throw his now weekly pick 6 that is.
I'll take luck vs Seattle.

Seattle vs Tenn w/wo Locker is a beatdown waiting to happen for Tenn
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #207
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
I agree with the OP. This season is a sinking ship.
Yup...unless there is an EPIC turnaround of majestical proportions, this team is destined for heartbreak.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #208
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I'll take luck vs Seattle.
Regardless how much sense this makes, or doesn't make... no one will say anything similar about our QB.

"I'll take Schaub vs Jacksonville."
Old 09-30-2013   #209
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst news is that the Colts closed the gab quickly. They are also young in most key spots, which doesn't really look good for the Texans.

They good thing that the Texans having going is that they also have plenty of young playmakers, like Watt and Hopkins. They are a long way from the old man Steelers, which look geriatric at this point.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #210
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans finish 7-9 this season...the good news: I don't think they will do an worse.
Old 10-01-2013   #211
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Regardless how much sense this makes, or doesn't make... no one will say anything similar about our QB.

"I'll take Schaub vs Jacksonville."
That's what happens when you are the "Herpes QB"....(the Gift that keeps on Giving)
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #212
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
That's what happens when you are the "Herpes QB"....(the Gift that keeps on Giving)
For some reason it doesn't sound as funny coming from a Ravens fan.

& I'm not talking about his jersey number.
Old 10-06-2013   #213
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody doubting this at this point?
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #214
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens at this point last season were looking terrible. They managed to turn it around. I'm not sure what we can do to turn it around short of shaking up the coaching staff. It's not going to happen, but I wonder what McNair is thinking at this point.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #215
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Anybody doubting this at this point?
Nope, and I think 8-8 might be generous.

Well, at least we'll get a high pick.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #216
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

So, what is the projection now for our record?

It looks like we may be getting better QB play with Keenum, assuming we actually let him play again and don't play Schaub, but we have massive injuries.

Foster has a hamstring, Tate has four broken ribs, we cut our 3rd running back, Duane Brown has been dealing with some kind of injury all year, Owen Daniels is still out for awhile, Cushing is out for the year, and Manning is out for the majority of the season. We also cut two of our backup OLBs and our starters aren't exactly studs. Oh, and Newton is still terrible.

It's looking like we may end up with only 5 or 6 wins this year.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #217
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
So, what is the projection now for our record?

It looks like we may be getting better QB play with Keenum, assuming we actually let him play again and don't play Schaub, but we have massive injuries.

Foster has a hamstring, Tate has four broken ribs, we cut our 3rd running back, Duane Brown has been dealing with some kind of injury all year, Owen Daniels is still out for awhile, Cushing is out for the year, and Manning is out for the majority of the season. We also cut two of our backup OLBs and our starters aren't exactly studs. Oh, and Newton is still terrible.

It's looking like we may end up with only 5 or 6 wins this year.
8 - BYE
9 - vs. Colts - L
10 - @ Cardinals - W
11 - vs. Raiders - W
12 - vs. Jaguars - W
13 - vs. Patriots - L
14 - @ Jaguars - W
15 - @ Colts - L
16 - vs. Broncos - L
17 - @ Titans - L

6-10

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #218
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think case will be the starter. If he is I think we can make this season interesting. If he does the unthinkable then I think we'll lose every game except the jags and maybe beat the cardinals but I doubt it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #219
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Right now, the team is a steam locomotive heading for derailed tracks on a three-hundred foot high train trestle over a river full of alligators and Piranha. The sudden loss of players over a questionable infraction of rules (from what we are told) shows a short temper coming from an otherwise comatose head coach. There's something underlying that caused such a stir. We may never know the real truth, but I bet the coaching staff is grimacing the loss of Cierre Woods, since he was let go BEFORE the injuries to our pair of starting running backs.

Here's my take:

8 - BYE
9 - vs. Colts - L
10 - @ Cardinals - L
11 - vs. Raiders - W/L
12 - vs. Jaguars - W
13 - vs. Patriots - L
14 - @ Jaguars - L
15 - @ Colts - L
16 - vs. Broncos - L
17 - @ Titans - L

4-12 at best...........
Old 10-21-2013   #220
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 578 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

4-12 would give us what, the 5th or so pick in the draft at this rate? I'm cool with that
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read