Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #41
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The seven of you who voted Schaub need to put the crack pipe down.
I think the seven people who chose Schaub in this poll chose him because they simply think Gary Kubiak is unable to make a rational decision.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #42
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub is healthy, he will start. If Keenum was being groomed to take over the franchise, things would be different.

Unless they pull a Tebow at Denver, and just throw somebody out there who they think will put butts in seats since the season is all but over.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #43
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I just highly doubt Gary will go away from his love child. Would it shock you if he started 8? If it would YOU need to lay off the pipe lol.
If Gary goes back to Schaub ..... I'd be very surprised.

I cannot see a scenario where he does put Schaub back out there unless Case is injured. He earned the opportunity by outplaying both guy's in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I think the seven people who chose Schaub in this poll chose him because they simply think Gary Kubiak is unable to make a rational decision.
I think a lot of you are going to have to eat come crow come November 3rd.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If Gary goes back to Schaub ..... I'd be very surprised.

I cannot see a scenario where he does put Schaub back out there unless Case is injured. He earned the opportunity by outplaying both guy's in front of him.

I think a lot of you are going to have to eat come crow come November 3rd.
Agreed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #45
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
fify
You didn't fix anything for me
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #46
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

how can you go back to schaub with Keenum's skills and the future looks bright? make offensive line adjustments and show keenum how to read complex blitzs and get our running backs and we'll be ready to go. Keenum all the way.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #47
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub is healthy enough to play he will be the starter, but Keenum should start.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #48
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Would be very interesting if GK does name MS starting QB.

I think I would like him to just to see the reaction.

I really don't see how he could. Even though I started thread about Kubiak being Insane I don't believe it.

But if he does name MS starter then I will reevaluate my position.

"Still Crazy after all these years"
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #49
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You didn't fix anything for me
Yeah, some things are beyond repair ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

My opinion on whether Kubiak needs to be fired in the off season rests on this decision. Keenum should start.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #51
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, now I'm getting nervous. Who wants to volunteer & go to Schaub's house to kick his ankle hard enough to prolong his injury?

Several of you are focusing on Gary's man crush on Schaub, but if you've been paying attention, he seems to have a man crush on Case as well. I think Schaub's injury will hang on longer than they've said thus far & Case will get the start against Indy.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think he's going to start Keenum. Simply because he likes calling plays for Keenum. He gets to use all his WRs, he gets to take shots in the end zone, & Keenum is more likely to make a big play when you need one.

Having said that..... the guys saying Case outplayed Schaub, are we saying he outplayed Schaub straight up? or are we saying considering he's basically a rookie he outplayed Schaub?
Old 10-21-2013   #53
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 7055 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Okay, now I'm getting nervous. Who wants to volunteer & go to Schaub's house to kick his ankle hard enough to prolong his injury?

Several of you are focusing on Gary's man crush on Schaub, but if you've been paying attention, he seems to have a man crush on Case as well. I think Schaub's injury will hang on longer than they've said thus far & Case will get the start against Indy.
Are you saying that Schaub is going to be holding a boombox in the rain outside of Kubiak's house?
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #54
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Even I think Case should start after the bye. Let's see what the kid has. He certainly didn't do anything to warrant being benched; unless it's he didn't throw a pick 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
He's tanned...he's rested...Bill!
I'm sorry I cannot support this suggestion. Bill didn't answer the bell when called upon before; what makes you think he'll answer the call this time?!?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #56
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
My opinion on whether Kubiak needs to be fired in the off season rests on this decision. Keenum should start.
I agree with that. This decision won't just say a lot about Kubiak. It will be like a 300 decibel scream echoing through the mountains about him and how he makes decisions.

Maybe McNair will tell him who he's going to be starting in two weeks. Might be the only way to get the right decision made. Just take the decision away from him so he can't screw it up. Worked with hiring a new DC.
Old 10-21-2013   #57
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm sorry I cannot support this suggestion. Bill didn't answer the bell when called upon before; what makes you think he'll answer the call this time?!?

I don't know Bill. Never met him.

But just judging from posters on this site I think Bill would rather be choreographing the cheer leaders routines.

Old 10-21-2013   #58
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well if I was the coach and schaub was at least 90% healthy I would.................................Nah

u know what I think keenum showed some spark I think kubes should coach dis kid up for 2 weeks during this bye give him all the reps and heck yeah start keenum one more time

besides im sure that would give Matt more time to rest

so yeah I say lets start Keenum

also the thing is I wonder if Kubes will see the Rookie effect cuz when yates played we couldn't score more then 21 points right maybe he thinks keenum will hit that wall and be unable to score more then 21 points

maybe he wil think hey when matt plays well he is capable of putting up 31 points
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #59
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Not a testicle to share between them.
I'm sorry but I must object to this sexist statement. Some my all-time favorate bad-a$$es don't have testicles; you, Steph, Condi Rice, the Iron Lady Thatcher, Benazir Bhutto, Anne Richards...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #60
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I voted Keenum because of Kubiak's comments after the game. He said two things in particular. He said the team found its heartbeat, and he said if the team plays like they played yesterday, they're going to win a lot of games. If he was planning to play Schaub again, I think he would have been a bit more tempered in his response. It's Keenum until he fails.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read