Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #81
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing - will he play another play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Yes did you get that everyone?

If you run to try to tackle someone, expect a helmet full force into your knee that will end your season and maybe more.

So sad to see this happen, I feel bad for myself as a Texans fan for not having Cushing on the field...can't imagine how Cush feels.
Agreed
Old 10-21-2013   #82
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Seriously everyone needs to wake up on this.

- Cushing was not engaged by anyone else.
- Jamal didn't hit him from behind.
- Jamal was in clear sight of Cushing.
- Cushing decided to ignore Jamal Charles.
- Jamal Charles blew up Cushing cause of the above.
- The hit was not illegal.
Even in high school clipping is illegal. Deliberately striking the side of the knee falls under that rule.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #83
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing is done regardless I wish him well next year. This year is another sacrifice. I had a feeling he would get hurt midseason it's inevitable.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #84
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
Even in high school clipping is illegal. Deliberately striking the side of the knee falls under that rule.
No it doesn't you clearly don't understand the rules..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #85
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
CBS is reporting a broken leg and torn acl. Truth or bull****?
All CBS reports I have reviewed are stating LCL and leg or fibula (part of leg) fracture. They report that this is the same leg as the ACL he suffered LAST year. I've not seen a report of an ACL tear. He could still have an ACL, but that would be likely a partial ACL since it wasn't supposedly evident on physical exam alone......and then would be only diagnosed AFTER he undergoes the MRI later today.

This is the type of injury [See above] that you would not want to find after full evaluation......one including the tibial plateau, a separate LCL tear in addition to a fibula fracture. Since the plain x-rays did not mention displaced tibial fracture(s), the MRI would probably only reveal stress fracture(s) of the tibia plateau.........along with more definitive evaluation of knee ligament and cartilage structures.

EDIT: Now the new information from McClain is that he has a separate LCL tear and a LOWER fibula fracture (I still don't know for sure that he does not mean LOWER LEG (which still could include the proximal avulsion fracture scenario) instead of LOWER FIBULA, since the fibula is considered part of the lower leg-----will have to wait until after the MRI at Kubiak's conference to clarify this). His prognosis, if these are the only injuries, are still good for return to pre-injury performance. Keep in mind, that from last year's ACL, Cushing has done very well when moving forward and backward, but he has definitely lost lateral movement, impeding his sideline to sideline coverage. Independent of this latest injury, this may or may not ever return.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #86
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Do people not understand what a cut block is? That is what Charles did and what all RB's do because they CAN'T FREAKING BLOCK LINEBACKERS ONE ON ONE! RB's from high school learn how to cut block defenders, and if it's outlawed it will lead to a hell of a lot more pressure on QB's from defenses which will lead to more hits on QB's etc. That block by Charles was NOT dirty and anyone saying it is needs to realize that if that was dirty then we are the dirtiest team in the league because even our O-linemen cut block all the damn time.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #87
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Yes did you get that everyone?

If you run to try to tackle someone, expect a helmet full force into your knee that will end your season and maybe more.

So sad to see this happen, I feel bad for myself as a Texans fan for not having Cushing on the field...can't imagine how Cush feels.
Don't get me wrong it sucks to lose Cushing, but part of that play is just bad on Cushing. If anything I'm upset with losing a major player we just signed to a huge contract. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but Cushing used poor technique on that play. I don't know how you can see that Jamal hit him with his helmet in the knee, oh wait you just didn't see this above?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3425...ing_medium.gif

Old 10-21-2013   #88
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Do people not understand what a cut block is? That is what Charles did and what all RB's do because they CAN'T FREAKING BLOCK LINEBACKERS ONE ON ONE! RB's from high school learn how to cut block defenders, and if it's outlawed it will lead to a hell of a lot more pressure on QB's from defenses which will lead to more hits on QB's etc. That block by Charles was NOT dirty and anyone saying it is needs to realize that if that was dirty then we are the dirtiest team in the league because even our O-linemen cut block all the damn time.
No sh*t. Look at what our O-line does.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #89
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah have to agree with others. Hates losing Cushing but there was nothing wrong with what Charles did. Running backs do that all the time including our own. There's a reason defensive players are taught how to deal with low blocks. Hell, I use to cut quite a bit as well and I was a freaking corner. So don't expect a running back to go up high on a linebacker unless he's of some good size. Just won't happen.

Here's to hoping a strong and timely recovery for the Cush.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #90
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

In this NFL.com link, you will find a VIDEO of the play and the aftermath..............be warned, it is difficult to watch.
Old 10-21-2013   #91
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Brian Cushing ‏@briancushing56 13h
It's not how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up. Life is tough but I'm the toughest SOB it's ever seen. Ill be back
Yes you are, Brian...........Yes you are!
Old 10-21-2013   #92
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You were most definitely talking about Cushing, in a negative way, not talking to him...
That's exactly the point I was trying to make.
Quote:
...You're an asshat, pure and simple. The injuries he's had the last two years were from playing football at a high level, not from being injury prone.
This is bs. History has shown over and over that Cushing is extremely injury prone. I stated that fact and somebody implied that saying that about Cushing was equivalent to saying it to his face.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #93
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
That's exactly the point I was trying to make.

This is bs. History has shown over and over that Cushing is extremely injury prone. I stated that fact and somebody implied that saying that about Cushing was equivalent to saying it to his face.
There is nothing Cushing could have done about his last two injuries . If he was Tom Brady they would implement a rule .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #94
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 10m
Tests confirm broken fibula, torn LCL for Texans LB Brian Cushing. ACL, PCL, MCL, patella are fine. Three-month recovery timetable for Cush.
Retweeted by Tania Ganguli
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #95
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Tests confirm broken fibula, torn LCL for Texans LB Brian Cushing. ACL, PCL, MCL, patella are fine. Three-month recovery timetable for Cush.
So he'd be ready for the Super Bowl?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #96
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
There is nothing Cushing could have done about his last two injuries . If he was Tom Brady they would implement a rule .
The first knee injury I totally agree, the second one he used 0 technique and let the guy get a clean shot on him. It sucks that the timing on the shot happened at the same time he planted his foot. If had had gotten his hands on the guy the guy as they are taught, and delivered the blow instead of taking the blow, the outcome might have been different.

It's a tough break for him, but doesn't look good long term.

Old 10-21-2013   #97
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yes you are, Brian...........Yes you are!
Have to admire his spirit for sure.

Old 10-21-2013   #98
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Wow! Much better than I thought. That's great news.
Old 10-21-2013   #99
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL 15m
Dr. James Andrews operates this week on Brian Cushing, who'll travel to Pensacola, Fla., to have his LCL and fractured fibula repaired.

That means that Cushing will probably be put back in action for the Colts game after being fit with a large brace.
Old 10-21-2013   #100
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Well... He could have jumped over Charles instead of running knee first directly into the low block.

But, the Jet's game injury... Nothing anyone could have done about that. I believe that kind of block has been made illegal.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read