Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #1
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Who do y'all think gets the start. I assume Schaub will be healthy.

Does the city riot if Kubiak goes with anyone other than Keenum?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?

I voted Schaub because Kubiak is, well, Kubiak.
Old 10-21-2013   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Schaub WILL be the starter.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

He's tanned...he's rested...Bill!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I voted Schaub because Kubiak is, well, Kubiak.
This. It should be Keenum, but... this.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

It has to be Keenum..No way can Kubiak go back to Schaub....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub, considering who's making the decision
Old 10-21-2013   #8
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

after the buy?? what will we be purchasing?
Old 10-21-2013   #9
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
Is that your final answer?

Old 10-21-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum. There is no reason to go back to Schaub.

I think kubiak will stick with keenum.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #11
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's policy is you cannot lose your job to injury. I still voted for keenum because It's who I think should.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Keenum. There is no reason to go back to Schaub.
I agree ..... That was easily the best performance by a Texans QB this season and in damn near a year going back to last season.

They had more big plays in one game , against the leagues best defense than they had all season .... No way Kubiak goes back to Schaub.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's up in the air right now unless I missed an official statement by somebody from the Texans organization. I was almost sure that Kubiak would start Schaub as soon as the game was over, until I remembered something. Kubiak and Smith like to screw with injury reports, the IR list, and the reporting of injuries. I believe there is a possibility that Schaub doesn't "heal up" enough to start at the Colts, and Kubiak decides to use the bye week to cram as much as he can into Keenum's head (Son of a coach and all). Schaub knows the system, he can come in off of not practicing and you're going to get pretty much what Schaub has to offer.

I'm sure this question will be asked at the press conference today, so my little "scenario" can easily be dis-proven rather quickly. So I went with what I believed would be better for the Texans and voted Keenum.
Old 10-21-2013   #14
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum period.
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #15
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
Sorry, Monday morning brain fart. An admin at least changed it on the main post title.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 10-21-2013   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think it's up in the air right now unless I missed an official statement by somebody from the Texans organization. I was almost sure that Kubiak would start Schaub as soon as the game was over, until I remembered something. Kubiak and Smith like to screw with injury reports, the IR list, and the reporting of injuries. I believe there is a possibility that Schaub doesn't "heal up" enough to start at the Colts, and Kubiak decides to use the bye week to cram as much as he can into Keenum's head (Son of a coach and all). Schaub knows the system, he can come in off of not practicing and you're going to get pretty much what Schaub has to offer.

I'm sure this question will be asked at the press conference today, so my little "scenario" can easily be dis-proven rather quickly. So I went with what I believed would be better for the Texans and voted Keenum.
If the question is asked today at the presser, I guarantee the response will be:

"Well, we'll have to evaluate where Matt is with his recovery. Right now I don't know how far along he'll be, so I can't answer that question."

Now, if he's asked who's going to start if both men are healthy, Kubiak will say:

"Well, we'll have to evaluate them both in practice and make a decision from there."

He's going to avoid that question like Neo going into bullet time to avoid getting shot. He's going to pull some Matrix-esque crap on the press room and be complete non-committal.

Which leads me to believe he'll build a case (no pun) for Schaub.

But this season is lost and the ONLY shot of saving his job rests with Case.

I WANT case to start, but my head says Gary will go back to Matt, who is his doppelganger in mind, spirit, and body. Not a testicle to share between them.

Old 10-21-2013   #17
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak deserves lettuce and tomatoes thrown at him if he goes back to Schaub.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #18
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Kubiak's policy is you cannot lose your job to injury. I still voted for keenum because It's who I think should.
You obviously can not lose your job to setting the NFL record for pick 6s either, but it should be Keenum.
Old 10-21-2013   #19
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it depends on whether or not Schaub still has the locker room. Keenum made some exciting plays, especially the off schedule ones, but it's not like he had the offense running up and down the field. For all of his mobility, he was still sacked 5 times, fumbled twice and gave up the game winning TD.

As beautiful as Keenum's deep ball is, Schaub still gives you the best chance to win on Sunday. He's not going to chuck a pick 6 every week, despite the fan hysteria.

If Schaub doesn't start, It's either because he's lost the team or he's still injured. Keenum looks like the heir apparent at this point.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #20
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak goes back to hum-drum Schaub, he will absolutely lose that locker room. although he played like a rookie at times, Keenum made the game exciting. He was unshaken, unwavered by a team that has a dominating defense in a stadium that is stoopid loud. Keenum acted like it was no big deal, and to him it probably wasn't. Sometime ignorance is bliss...

Even thought they lost, the offense knows they have something in Keenum and to go back to Run, Run, Check down & punt, you will demoralize the team more than they already are.

You stay with the kid, prepare him for the next 2 week, work on hot routes and blitz protection then come out slinging against the Colts.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read