Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #101
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

LOL, even the chiefs' CBs are praising Case Keenum. The haters are just that.. haters, we're looking at the next starting QB of the Houston Texans.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #102
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I posted the missed TD. Another one that sticks out was the floater in the 4th quarter that could have been picked off, but was complete for a two yard gain. He threw a couple balls in the dirt.
The things you listed were not huge mistakes (imo). On the floater to Graham, Keenum had pressure in his face and he threw that ball off his back foot. Graham was wide open on that play, Keenum just has to put more zip on it.

The only time I recall he threw the ball in the dirt was the WR screen to Posey. That play was completely broken. KC read it perfectly and had it been completed it would have gone for -2 yards. The KC defense also had three defenders in the backfield so Keenum didn't have time to find another WR to throw the ball to. I think the smart play is to throw the ball into the dirt there.

Overall I think Keenum did an excellent job considering it was his first start. He made some mistakes and he has to learn to read the blitz better but I think he did good enough to get the start against the Colts and I will be a little disappointed if he doesn't.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #103
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

After reading so much criticism of Case, I have to ask, why is it a bad thing for Case to be successful?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #104
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He made some bad throws.
Nope.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #105
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
After reading so much criticism of Case, I have to ask, why is it a bad thing for Case to be successful?
Because then people can't say I told you so.

So much hesitancy to say all things considered he played well, but the first big mistake the keenum haters going to be all over the place. I promise that the first pick he throws people will be all over him.

It's illogical. Schaub has done nothing for almost a year to make someone believe he can qb a team to a superbowl. Keenum shows all kinds of promise I'm his first start against a really good d on the road in the loudest stadium in the nfl, with no running game...spreading the wealth amongst receivers...going down field...

But people are downplaying it and talking about starting Schaub. It's illogical and silly. Makes 0 sense. I don't take a lot of people serious on certain topics because they just have some bias for some reason. I have a lot more respect for folks that stand up and say I could be wrong or I was wrong.

I can even be ok with people that just say nothing.

But to come out and speak out against what the guy did today is just silly.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #106
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I posted the missed TD. Another one that sticks out was the floater in the 4th quarter that could have been picked off, but was complete for a two yard gain. He threw a couple balls in the dirt.
The missed TD I can see, but it was still better than ANYTHING schaub has thrown in a full year. Mediocre, but not horrible. That "floater" was a tipped pass. Not the same thing.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #107
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Case played ok. He wasn't great nor bad,just ok. Very good throw on the td and a couple of slants. Has some bad throws on some of those same routes.
Old 10-20-2013   #108
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

keenum played amazing for his 1st start against an elite chiefs team at home.

the key is to make adjustments (against blitzs etc)

we win this game with a healthy foster.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #109
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Case played ok.
andy reid, john mclain, kubiak, and a bunch of chief fans disagree....
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #110
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Case played ok. He wasn't great nor bad,just ok. Very good throw on the td and a couple of slants. Has some bad throws on some of those same routes.
You still think he doesn't have enough arm?
Old 10-20-2013   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I actually respect your takes. I don't know your background but I can tell that you actually know football.

Don't agree with all your takes of course....but you are being biased here as well because of your prior proclamations.

For his first start to go along with everything else that came with it, he showed very well. It was not ok. It was a very good showing for him.

Does he have some things to work on? Heck yes. Is it guaranteed he gets the kinks out? No.

But this was a very good first game for him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #112
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I actually respect your takes. I don't know your background but I can tell that you actually know football.

Don't agree with all your takes of course....but you are being biased here as well because of your prior proclamations.

For his first start to go along with everything else that came with it, he showed very well. It was not ok. It was a very good showing for him.

Does he have some things to work on? Heck yes. Is it guaranteed he gets the kinks out? No.

But this was a very good first game for him.
It was a great showing.. and before the haters try to pile on.. those words came from our future HOF WR (As well as teammates and coaches).. Andre called his play "great" and it was great. What he displayed in his first NFL start was nothing short of "great"

The haters need to hit the brakes and step aside and be open to the new era of football. Case looked like a great player against the best defense in the league.. imagine what he'll do to other people..
Old 10-21-2013   #113
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
You still think he doesn't have enough arm?

Yeah. Did u see anything to prove otherwise? The routes were the same as with the other qb. That td was a great touch pass.Without being too critical, the field position,down and distance was a good time to shoot his gun.
Old 10-21-2013   #114
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Yeah. Did u see anything to prove otherwise?
First long pass of the game, incomplete to Graham. Across the width of the field, not having his feet set, and 44 yards int he air. That's what we call an NFL arm, kiddos.
Old 10-21-2013   #115
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

I think he needs to start for the rest of the season...but i am by no means convinced we still dont need to pick up a qb early in the draft just yet....maybe we can push it back to the 2nd round.....
I don't necessarily think we should draft a QB in the first, never did. It depends on who's there & who will be there later. I said last year that our #1 pick should be a WR. With the way Tavon Austin & Corderrelle Patterson are looking, I'm glad they took Hopkins.

But that second round pick. I thought it would be nice to get a safety, since we play 3 safeties so often, but I thought we'd take this offense to another level if we'd have drafted a tackle in that second round.

Then again I wasn't too upset when we took Brennan Williams in the third.

What could have been, eh?
Old 10-21-2013   #116
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
First long pass of the game, incomplete to Graham. Across the width of the field, not having his feet set, and 44 yards int he air. That's what we call an NFL arm, kiddos.
The td was 30yds. The graham pass was a floater. The hopkins drag rt from left to right hung and was behind. Didn't se any "stick" throws especially to the zones I knew he'd struggle.
Old 10-21-2013   #117
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Keenum looked good out there. good field presence. Although I would like to see him go the rest of the year before I have an opinion on whether he is a NFL starter or not
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #118
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah. Did u see anything to prove otherwise? The routes were the same as with the other qb. That td was a great touch pass.Without being too critical, the field position,down and distance was a good time to shoot his gun.
Yep, I saw plenty of arm.. regardless of what you happened to see in camp.
Old 10-21-2013   #119
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The fanboys are out in full force, of course.

Keenum played better than Schaub has. He had an ok game. The guy can definitely throw but his recognition at the line leaves something to be desired. Hopefully he can improve on that.

It's almost as if you fanboys don't watch other NFL games. Simply comparing Keenum to Schaub is setting the bar extremely low.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #120
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
He was fantastic on that down when he had a running threat..

I never even knew we only activate 2 running backs until today (go figure). Out of any position, that is the one position where I'd make sure I had "backup". On any given tackle you could be out for the year.
Other than the fumble at the end, only 2 3 and outs. Case made some decent plays but the Chiefs knew we were one dimensional at that point and just plain pinned their ears back and killed a porous offensive line.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read