Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #41
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 8515 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts from a Schaub Supporter

andre sums it:

“He’s got confidence. Like I’ve said, there’s something about him. Every time he came into the huddle he brought energy. He was out there having fun and enjoying. That energy rubbed off on the whole team. He did some great things today. There’s no reason for him to hang his head.”

good thread...
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

People need to relax.. Kubiak is not going back to Schaub as long as Keenum doesn't fall on his face or gets hurt. When they cut to Schaub during the game, did his expression really look like some one who was just out with a injury? Did Kubiak's post game comments really sould like a coach who is just waiting for his starter to come back? This team has already moved on.

Outside of injury and putrid play from Keenum, Schaub is done as a starter here and with his cap hit next year he won't be on this team. He knows it, Kubiak knows it, and even his teammates know it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #43
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't understand how people can support Kubiak anymore. Is he a serial killer? Nope. And if he was my neighbor I'd probably get along with him. But as a coach he's close to .500 overall in his 8th year with his hand picked GM. How is this even remotely acceptable? How long are we supposed too wait for him to figure it out?
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #44
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 64840 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
The fact that the majority of us even consider this a possibility says a lot. I would not be surprised in the LEAST if Gary goes back to noodle arm. But its his funeral and our sanity
What you think Kubiak may do doesn't say anything about Kubiak... It only speaks to your perspective/confidence in him, which may or may not have any basis in reality.
Old 10-20-2013   #45
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
My problems with kubiak are:

1) he's slow to react
2) loyal to a fault
3) will get rid of play makers for more safe guys because he's too afraid of mistakes

If he goes back to Schaub I'll officially be on the fire kubiak wagon. That will show me that he hasn't grown as a coach at all which is what I'm hoping happens because overall I like him.
MSR. Good post. Sometimes you gotta have some wildcard players that just ball and let them play with their instincts. Just like the Steelers do with Polomalu and the Ravens with Reed (back when he could play in the NFL) LINK
Unfortunately, we have the 2013 version of the 80's Ken Stabler on the Oilers. Old and sucks.
Old 10-20-2013   #46
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64840 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
I really don't understand how people can support Kubiak anymore. Is he a serial killer? Nope. And if he was my neighbor I'd probably get along with him. But as a coach he's close to .500 overall in his 8th year with his hand picked GM. How is this even remotely acceptable? How long are we supposed too wait for him to figure it out?
I like him. I enjoy the team he has built. It's not that complicated. I'm not arguing he's the best coach in the NFL. I'm sure I would rank him higher on my list than you would on yours...

I can support him and be disappointed with some of the results. It's not difficult, really.
Old 10-20-2013   #47
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Case doesnt change our need to make qb top priority next yr
What's your hardon against Case? Seriously? Just can't take it you were wrong or what?
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #48
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I like him. I enjoy the team he has built. It's not that complicated. I'm not arguing he's the best coach in the NFL. I'm sure I would rank him higher on my list than you would on yours...

I can support him and be disappointed with some of the results. It's not difficult, really.
I wish I could also enjoy a loser coach of an unachieving team. You probably enjoy the football season more than I do though so keep on keeping on.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #49
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Actually, it is difficult. What is about him that you like so much? Is he nice? Sure. I'd give the guy my access to my bank account and not worry. But, I don't want him coaching my football team.

You seem to be more of a fan of Gary Kubiak than a fan of the Texans. There is a difference.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #50
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Actually, it is difficult. What is about him that you like so much? Is he nice? Sure. I'd give the guy my access to my bank account and not worry. But, I don't want him coaching my football team.

You seem to be more of a fan of Gary Kubiak than a fan of the Texans. There is a difference.

There will be a difference, eventually. Right now, there is no difference. I know that is difficult for you to understand. I remember in 2005, I was rooting for things to happen that would ensure Capers was fired. I was so confident that he and Casserly were a disaster that it was what I cared most about.

I'm not anywhere near that point with this organization and I like them more. But, I get your perspective... it's not fun. Glad I'm not there.
Old 10-20-2013   #51
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I generally agree with you- not sure about #3 though. I think he likes team players with a certain attitude. I don't think it is about risk but about selfishness vs. team...
I'm not wasting my energy on practice, I can't be ****ed with walking so I'll use a Segway instead, I'm a vegan now so I can look down on all you meat eaters...yeah, I get what you're saying...
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #52
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There will be a difference, eventually. Right now, there is no difference. I know that is difficult for you to understand. I remember in 2005, I was rooting for things to happen that would ensure Capers was fired. I was so confident that he and Casserly were a disaster that it was what I cared most about.

I'm not anywhere near that point with this organization and I like them more. But, I get your perspective... it's not fun. Glad I'm not there.
Ok, well, we will have to agree to disagree. I see your point, I guess. I just see things different.

Apparently, McNair said after the game that the team is fine, and that there's no reason to criticize Kubiak; so, congrats to you and your 2-5 team (!?)(Shaking my head...)
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #53
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Yet. Give it a few games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Newton is a worse RT than Schaub is a QB.
Have never liked Newton and have never understood people who said he'd be fine. He's always been awful.

Quote:
Also, I agree the Oline must be addressed! Newton is killing me!.. and though I like the 5th rounder who played some LG, Williams' knee injury means he should be an afterthought. They need to upgrade the position! Also, I don't think Ben Jones is the answer at Center and finding Myers' replacement is not a bad idea.
I can't believe how bad this coaching staff seems to be at identifying and playing OL talent. Butler was supposed to be the replacement strategy for Winston, and most everyone knew that was going to be a downgrade. When Butler was outperformed by Newton, you knew the road was going to be a long, hard one. Antoine Caldwell never developed, and they somehow believed he could hold down the fort once Brisiel left, even though he never outplayed Brisiel. Ben Jones is just Godawful, yet they kept giving him opportunities over Qberry in preseason, when anyone with eyes could tell Qberry was not only the better player, but probably a solid future starter. Brandon Brooks is not anything to write home about (yet), but he's looking great because of the slop surrounding him. And I said it back at the time, but I have never been a fan of Chris Myers and said they should make him repeat his one good year before rewarding him with a big contract. I understand the timing of the contract expiring, but the point is, they put way too much trust in that guy.

I just don't think they've done much of anything right on the OL since they let Winston walk.

Quote:
ILB!!! must be addressed. Even with Cushing, we are thin in talent at ILB. I think the Mays signing was a very good one- and while he is a plug and play guy that has playmaking ability, he is not a guy to count on the next 2 or 3 years as a starter.
Mays is an upgrade from last year's Bradie James experience, but he's a journeyman guy. The Sharpton thing irritates me like the OL crap. Maybe his uncle is threatening the Texans if they release him or something. At this point, they have to keep him just because they've done nothing else to address the situation. Basically, once they traded away Ryans, the defense up the middle has sucked.

Quote:
Finally, I am in love with our WR situation! If we have a QB that can get the ball to them like Keenum did today, the combination of Hopkins, Posey, and an aging AJ is pretty freakin' sweet!
I was telling someone the other day that you could watch the preseason games with Keenum and think this team had a few WRs that were at least competent. Jean actually looked like he might see the field based on what he did with Keenum playing in preseason. Then the regular season came and all our WRs disappeared. I guess they all traveled with the team and took the field today for the first time all season.

The one thing I hope this game really did for everyone is illustrate just exactly how bad a QB Schaub is.
Old 10-21-2013   #54
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105274 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

The one thing I hope this game really did for everyone is illustrate just exactly how bad a QB Schaub is.
No, what it illustrates more is how bad a coach Kubiak is.....coaches shouldn't mold their entire offense around their qb's skill sets....not long term anyway....that's what he did with Schaub....It's probably what he's gonna do with Keenum considering the fact that we operated exclusively out of shotgun yesterday where Keenum is comfy. Dude is just going about it all wrong.

Can't wait for him to get run out of town after this year..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #55
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
No, what it illustrates more is how bad a coach Kubiak is.....coaches shouldn't mold their entire offense around their qb's skill sets....not long term anyway....that's what he did with Schaub....It's probably what he's gonna do with Keenum considering the fact that we operated exclusively out of shotgun yesterday where Keenum is comfy. Dude is just going about it all wrong.

What?, that doesn't even make sense.. As a coach that's your job, it's your job to put your players in the best position to succeed and maximize their strengths while tying to minimizing their weaknesses.

As far as operating exclusively out of the shotgun yesterday.. that happened until after our RBs went down and it was clear we didn't have a running game.. when we did we ran plenty of plays from under center and Keenum made plenty of plays from under center.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #56
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49032 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only if there is an opportunity to get someone we know can develop. We now know we don't have to get another starter right away. As long as we don't reach for a FA, or draft one too early we will be fine.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

I bet our offense would have been more traditional if we were playing the Rams, or an ailing SF49ers where the pass rush wasn't so lauded before the game.

Putting Keenum in the shotgun was more about keeping him clean, the pistol was to allow us to run the ball without Keenum having to turn his back to the defense.... in case we wanted to fake the run.

But... I do hope we get more WRs on the field & if we do that because Keenum is starting in lieu of Matt Schaub, or because our 3rd & 4th receivers spread the field more than our 3rd TE... so be it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read