Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #81
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm confused.. If Kubiak was "loyal to a fault", Keenum wouldn't be his guy now.
Are you looking for arguments now? He stuck with Schaub too long. Then Yates threw a pick 6 and was all-around unimpressive. Fans are clamoring for him to be fired, and he took a chance.

Loyal to a fault- Coach Joe? the DCs prior to Wade? Walter? The list could go on, but I think you get the picture. What's more, I actually think you agree with me on this point, but are just looking for an argument.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #82
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum played well enough to earn another start against the Colts. I think he had a lot of mistakes. He also made a lot of plays. There were several plays that he made where Schaub would have thrown it away or taken the sack.

I don't know what Kubiak will do, he created this controversy. That said, I hope he puts Keenum back in there and not after Schaub throws another pick 6. Case needs the time to prepare.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #83
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

For anyone to say that Case has not proven he is the man for the next start is being ridiculous. The kid showed more poise AND scoots than Schaub had shown in six years. I was at arrowhead today and the place was loud. He showed no "rattle" and controlled the offense that Kubiak called. He made plays that Schaub not only has never made but does not have the ability to make.

I'm not crowning him as the next Brady but he is the best QB on the roster currently and proved to me that he deserves the next start regardless of the health of Schaub. I think he MAY have a future as the next Texans QB but am not completely all in just yet. I just know if we want to start grooming him for us, it starts now.

The kid played a hell of a game in the toughest place to play in the NFL and did it convincingly. The strip/sack at the end of the game was his biggest flaw in the game which half of that belongs to the O-line. He threw no picks, no passes that were dangerous and moved in the pocket fantastic.

I'm on the Keenum bandwagon and he has my support starting today.
Old 10-20-2013   #84
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
it was a good enough throw for hopkins to have both hands on it. If the wideout got both hands on it, he should have come down with the catch. You have to make a play there for your QB. He got it out and to you with both of your hands. Plenty of talk about hopkins and his huge hands and playmaking ability.

That pass was not perfect but it was good enough to complete the play. Credit the defender for swiping at it at the end.
Hopkins made just about as good a play on it as he could've considering where it was thrown...he just couldn't hold on to it b/c the The cb knocked it out of his hands...if that throw is back shoulder the cb has no play on it and its an easy TD....im sure case knows he could've placed it better.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #85
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
For anyone to say that Case has not proven he is the man for the next start is being ridiculous. The kid showed more poise AND scoots than Schaub had shown in six years. I was at arrowhead today and the place was loud. He showed no "rattle" and controlled the offense that Kubiak called. He made plays that Schaub not only has never made but does not have the ability to make.

I'm not crowning him as the next Brady but he is the best QB on the roster currently and proved to me that he deserves the next start regardless of the health of Schaub. I think he MAY have a future as the next Texans QB but am not completely all in just yet. I just know if we want to start grooming him for us, it starts now.

The kid played a hell of a game in the toughest place to play in the NFL and did it convincingly. The strip/sack at the end of the game was his biggest flaw in the game which half of that belongs to the O-line. He threw no picks, no passes that were dangerous and moved in the pocket fantastic.

I'm on the Keenum bandwagon and he has my support starting today.
My in-laws live in Kansas.. even they called me after the game and praised Keenum..

He played great and I look forward to see his growth and what he can do in the future.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #86
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I already used the search feature before I made that post.. which is why I asked you to list the "multiple" times you questioned his throws.
You didn't look hard enough
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #87
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You didn't look hard enough
whatever you say.. all I'm seeing is words, not you posting multiple times where you called out Schaub's horrible throws.
Old 10-20-2013   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Matt Schaub will never play another down for this team, Keenum is a legit starting NFL quarterback.
I don't know if took 1 qtr or 2... but I'd be surprised if Schaub ever starts for the Texans again.

But... for the next two weeks I'll be telling everyone that Matt will start after the bye if he's healthy. I'd tell Schaub he's my guy if he's healthy, but we're going to be extra cautious with his ankle/leg thing. I continue pushing Keenum as the starter in practice.

When asked, I'm telling them Matt's doing well, he's likely to start, he could have practiced, but we're "going to be smart"

For two weeks. Then day of the game, Schaub is going on IR.

I say this as a guy that thinks Keenum was pretty good in his first game. But he didn't light it up like I would have liked to have seen to name him the starter. I say this, knowing I did not get the spark I was looking for from my running game, or my defense that I was hoping he would provide. I say this knowing that I said the one thing he could not do was fumble the ball when he gets sacked... that one in particular was no different than the Matt Schaub pick 6 at the end of the Raven's game in OT a couple of years ago.

But on that third & three play that turned into the DeAndre Hopkins TD.... I think Kubiak has already made up his mind. I'm not going to say that the play book was more expansive than with Schaub like they're saying on the radio, but the strategy has definitely changed for the better. Kubiak hasn't taken that risk with Schaub in a long time, not that I can remember..... I could very well be wrong, but I know I was not expecting a shot into the end zone in that situation.

& people might not like it, but I'll say it. Schaub is the better QB right now, it's not even close. But Case gives you a better chance to win... & it's not even close.

I think Keenum earned the right to prove he can be a starter, but he's not a legit starter. Keep in mind, I don't think Kaepernick, Luck, Weeden, or Sanchez are starters either.
Old 10-20-2013   #89
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whatever you say.. all I'm seeing is words, not you posting multiple times where you called out Schaub's horrible throws.
I'm pretty sure I know what I've posted and that you spent no looking for it.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #90
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My in-laws live in Kansas.. even they called me after the game and praised Keenum..

He played great and I look forward to see his growth and what he can do in the future.
The quarterback of the Texans future played today.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #91
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know if took 1 qtr or 2... but I'd be surprised if Schaub ever starts for the Texans again.

But... for the next two weeks I'll be telling everyone that Matt will start after the bye if he's healthy. I'd tell Schaub he's my guy if he's healthy, but we're going to be extra cautious with his ankle/leg thing. I continue pushing Keenum as the starter in practice.

When asked, I'm telling them Matt's doing well, he's likely to start, he could have practiced, but we're "going to be smart"

I say this as a guy that thinks Keenum was pretty good in his first game. But he didn't light it up like I would have liked to have seen to name him the starter. I say this, knowing I did not get the spark I was looking for from my running game, or my defense that I was hoping he would provide. I say this knowing that I said the one thing he could not do was fumble the ball when he gets sacked... that one in particular was no different than the Matt Schaub pick 6 at the end of the Raven's game in OT a couple of years ago.

But on that third & three play that turned into the DeAndre Hopkins TD.... I think Kubiak has already made up his mind. I'm not going to say that the play book was more expansive than with Schaub like they're saying on the radio, but the strategy has definitely changed for the better. Kubiak hasn't taken that risk with Schaub in a long time, not that I can remember..... I could very well be wrong, but I know I was not expecting a shot into the end zone in that situation.

& people might not like it, but I'll say it. Schaub is the better QB right now, it's not even close. But Case gives you a better chance to win... & it's not even close.

I think Keenum earned the right to prove he can be a starter, but he's not a legit starter. Keep in mind, I don't think Kaepernick, Luck, Weeden, or Sanchez are starters either.

Damn TK....you may have out done yourself with this one.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #92
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
The quarterback of the Texans future played today.
Let's put it this way.. the "in-laws" who have watched their team now go 0-7 told me they would straight up trade Alex Smith for Case Keenum who just made his first start.

So for all of those who think we're "just biased or just want to root for the hometown kid".. other people are now seeing the writing on the wall regarding H town's QB situation and are also recognizing Keenum's talent.
Old 10-20-2013   #93
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're going to lose a lot of people with that one.

If Luck isn't a starting QB in the NFL then I don't know what is. I think he gets a lot of hype because he came into the NFL with tons of hype and I don't think he even compares to the elite QBs like Brees, Manning, Rogers, Brady...but he's knocking on that door.

I'm not sure what else a rookie QB with his first start against a elite defense on the road in a historically loud crowd and no HB for half of the game is really supposed to do.
Old 10-20-2013   #94
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117697 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 10-20-2013   #95
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66846 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll say this about you. You consistently have some of the strangest, most off the wall takes of anyone I have ever seen. TIFWIW.
Old 10-20-2013   #96
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Sums it up well.

I can't take those posts on this topic seriously anymore.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #97
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I'll say this about you. You consistently have some of the strangest, most off the wall takes of anyone I have ever seen. TIFWIW.
Lol. Thunder doesn't believe half the stuff he says; he tosses things out there just to get a response out of people. You have to learn to read what he says, and ignore most of it.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #98
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I just looked at the stats..

- The entire second half we didn't convert a single 3rd down conversion.
- Every 3rd down conversion in the second half, Keenum had the ball in his hands.
- We made 0 adjustments in the second half, and go out coached again, shocker.

He *has* to be better on 3rd down this has killed us for the last couple years and it still is..

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playby...20012&period=3
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playby...20012&period=4

Drives in the second half:

15:00 3 02:46 HOU 20 5 9 Punt
11:31 3 02:07 KAN 28 5 25 Field Goal
06:07 3 01:46 HOU 20 5 51 Field Goal
13:43 4 02:00 HOU 1 5 30 Punt
09:37 4 02:12 HOU 41 3 -18 Punt
05:47 4 01:43 HOU 22 3 -4 Punt
01:46 4 00:12 HOU 10 2 -9 Fumble

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #99
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I just looked at the stats..

- The entire second half we didn't convert a single 3rd down conversion.
- Every 3rd down conversion in the second half, Keenum had the ball in his hands.
- We made 0 adjustments in the second half, and go out coached again, shocker.

He *has* to be better on 3rd down this has killed us for the last couple years and it still is..

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playby...20012&period=3
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playby...20012&period=4

Drives in the second half:

15:00 3 02:46 HOU 20 5 9 Punt
11:31 3 02:07 KAN 28 5 25 Field Goal
06:07 3 01:46 HOU 20 5 51 Field Goal
13:43 4 02:00 HOU 1 5 30 Punt
09:37 4 02:12 HOU 41 3 -18 Punt
05:47 4 01:43 HOU 22 3 -4 Punt
01:46 4 00:12 HOU 10 2 -9 Fumble
He was fantastic on that down when he had a running threat..

I never even knew we only activate 2 running backs until today (go figure). Out of any position, that is the one position where I'd make sure I had "backup". On any given tackle you could be out for the year.
Old 10-20-2013   #100
guichows6
Rookie

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read