Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2013   #101
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help Wanted...Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
They chose Akers. He went to GB, they chose Mason. He's back home.
I can think of worse kickers to compete against than Akers and Mason. I can imagine that Bullock would never have kept up with that competition.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #102
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
link

As it stands now, I'd also be much happier if he got to kick some 30- and 35-yarders.
That would mean the Texans stalled at the 13 and the 18.

Seriously, Kubiak sounds like he is trying to build the confidence of a little kid. We believe in you Timmy. You can do it. I guarantee you if Bullock misses too many more or even worse the Texans lose because Bullock misses a game winner or 2 he will be gone. They can't pamper a kicker through a season where they are supposed to either go to the sb or at the very least the AFC championship game.

I want Bullock to succeed just like everybody else does. But kicking decides games a lot of times. He has to turn it around yesterday. Had the Texans lost the game to the Titans I think Kubiak might be a little less patient. I do think the game winner in Sand Dog is part of the reason Kubiak is trying to get Bullock turned around. He sees potential but even Kubiak has limits. We should know the fate of Bullock just before or by the bye week because it is a tough stretch of games coming up that could mean very close games.
Old 09-17-2013   #103
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Some on radio have tried to bring in the holder into the conversation as possiblybeing responsible for Bullock's bad kicks. I tried to look back at those FG attempts and couldn't detect any quirks. Even though Lechler was injured throughout the preseason, he was the sole holder for Bullock through OTAs and camp. Furthermore, I believe he has this holding thing down pretty well. For 13 years, he held for Sebastian Janikowski, who he considers to be one of the greatest kickers of all time. Let's not look for windmills.
Old 09-17-2013   #104
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, you have to understand something very important. The defenders are not allowed to hit the long-snapper anymore, and he is used to that, so it throws off his timing as far as the spinning of the long-snap goes, which throws the holder off by just a fraction of a milli-inch & the lace on the ball is not....quite....perfectly....forward, so when Bullock kicks it it tends to curve............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................or, he knows it's off by a fraction of a milli-inch & that gets him all nervous....so he just, sort of, messes up....just a little bit....& shanks the F&(#*r...

It ain't he's fault.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #105
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, you have to understand something very important. The defenders are not allowed to hit the long-snapper anymore, and he is used to that, so it throws off his timing as far as the spinning of the long-snap goes, which throws the holder off by just a fraction of a milli-inch & the lace on the ball is not....quite....perfectly....forward, so when Bullock kicks it it tends to curve............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................or, he knows it's off by a fraction of a milli-inch & that gets him all nervous....so he just, sort of, messes up....just a little bit....& shanks the F&(#*r...

It ain't he's fault.
Dang. You may something there. Never thought of it that way!
Old 09-17-2013   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm pulling for the kid.

I've been a fan since SuperBad. He struggled for a while there, but came back strong in 21 jumpstreet.

I think he can pull out of this as well. I guarantee we won't be able to stop laughing when the games really matter.
Old 09-17-2013   #107
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does Duck Dynasty keep coming to mind when I see this thread?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #108
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
For 13 years, he held for Sebastian Janikowski, who he considers to be one of the greatest kickers of all time. Let's not look for windmills.

Janikowski kicks with the wrong foot.

I'm not saying Lechler was the issue, but I believe the issue is most likely a combination of Weeks, Lechler, & Bullock. I think it was very mature of Bullock to shoulder the blame, but I don't think if the "problem" was solely on Bullock Kubiak would have brought the other two into the conversation (if you listened to his last press conference... or the GK show (can't remember)).
Old 09-17-2013   #109
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some on radio have tried to bring in the holder into the conversation as possiblybeing responsible for Bullock's bad kicks. I tried to look back at those FG attempts and couldn't detect any quirks. Even though Lechler was injured throughout the preseason, he was the sole holder for Bullock through OTAs and camp. Furthermore, I believe he has this holding thing down pretty well. For 13 years, he held for Sebastian Janikowski, who he considers to be one of the greatest kickers of all time. Let's not look for windmills.
Probably, although it's at least worth being aware that Janikowski is left-footed, while Bullock clearly isn't. Prior to this season, the last time Lechler held for a right footed kicker was in 2001. Lechler's been doing it 13 years, but now he's doing it looking in a mirror.
Old 09-17-2013   #110
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-20-2013   #111
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's a good thing we did'nt get rid of our new kicker after a couple of bad games?
Old 10-20-2013   #112
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 7186 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sold. We're 3-4 if not for the game Bullock blew.
Old 10-20-2013   #113
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

With a STs KO return as productive as KC's, and as strong as Bullock's leg is said to be, why can't he consistently manage to kick off the ball out of the EZ. It could have saved us quite a bit of grief today (and other days), as our STs still tackle like girls most of the time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read