Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013   #2041
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kubaik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
He handled the clock perfectly in that situation. Given the game situation, etc... he did what all good NFL coaches would have done. There are issues with Kubiak, for sure, but he manages those situations well... They almost scored, either getting the tipped TD or getting into FG range... How much criticism would he have gotten if they had left 40 seconds on the clock and given up a KC field goal or TD before half? Or, put an inexperienced QB in a position to turn it over and give up points right before half in an otherwise manageable game
I'm sorry but you can't just roll over on offense with a minute to go before the half and your down, and your team is on a 4 game losing streak and you were supposed to be a SB contender. If the team was 4-2 instead of 2-4 then maybe. But kubiak is as spineless as a jellyfish. Can't wait to get rid of this bum.
Old 10-20-2013   #2042
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2782 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

not having the capability to go no huddle and not allowing your QB to freely audible in 2013 is fireable offense.
Old 10-20-2013   #2043
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't put that creative thread title through the search engine to see if maybe we might already have a "Fire Kubaik" thread. A one sentence first post. You work pretty hard creating this thread yeah?
Old 10-20-2013   #2044
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

And fire him now so the new HC has some time to rebuild the team.
Old 10-20-2013   #2045
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

for one third down I would ONCEEE !!! like to see a two tight end and RB protection set hell a extra lineman and just run the ball and see what happens LOL
Old 10-20-2013   #2046
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

There are some lazy motherf'kers here that don't want to take the time to look up the "All Encompassing Fire Kubiak" (oh excuse me..Kubaik) thread.

And if you're just waiting for a moderator to dig it up for you, that's even more pathetic.

Old 10-20-2013   #2047
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Guess When Kubiak Gets Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Must disagree with you totally.
Smith has made some nice little moves but he has missed on the big ones.

1. MS extension
2. Ed Reed signing over Quinn
3. Keeping Mario that last year.
4. GK is still here
5. Cap management

What has he done that makes him a good GM.
He didn't pay Schaub $100M dollars. He didn't pay Barwin $5M/yr. He didn't pay $5M/yr for Briesel, or Quin, or Casey. He didn't franchise Dunta a 2nd time. He didn't let Winston stay & steal our money (he wouldn't have played any better than Newton).

Some good, some bad. At least he's not Casserly. We'd have signed Reed for 6 years $60M, probably would have kicked a 5th round pick to Baltimore for the heck of it.
Old 10-20-2013   #2048
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: At what point does Kubiak run out of leash?

Trade Schaub, trade Newton, retire Reed, release Marciano, make Case the starter for 2014 and make Kubiak hire an offensive coordinator.
Old 10-20-2013   #2049
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

A great coach makes all the difference, look at the Saints this season or even the the Chiefs.
Old 10-20-2013   #2050
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess When Kubiak Gets Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He didn't pay Schaub $100M dollars. He didn't pay Barwin $5M/yr. He didn't pay $5M/yr for Briesel, or Quin, or Casey. He didn't franchise Dunta a 2nd time. He didn't let Winston stay & steal our money (he wouldn't have played any better than Newton).

Some good, some bad. At least he's not Casserly. We'd have signed Reed for 6 years $60M, probably would have kicked a 5th round pick to Baltimore for the heck of it.
Signing Schaub/Cushing to extentions early in the yr after they were coming off serious injuries. Signing old man Reed and letting Quin walk.

Has it really gotten to the point where the best that can be said about Smith is that he isn't Casserly? I've been calling for Rick/Gary to be fired since 2009 and I will say the Texans will never win a SB with them in charge.
Old 10-20-2013   #2051
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Via Mark Berman

Texans owner Bob McNair on Case Keenum: "I thought he did a heck of a job. He was outstanding."

Texans owner Bob McNair on Case Keenum: "If we had given him a little better protection at the end I think he'd gotten us down the field again

Bob McNair on Gary Kubiak: "How can anybody get a team playing harder than this team was playing. I don't know how anybody can criticize him

When 2 of your best players R out, your starting QB is out, your still out there playing right down to the wire. What more can u ask of your coaches.

We're better than our record, but as we say you are what your record is too. We just got to get it going
Old 10-20-2013   #2052
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
Via Mark Berman

Texans owner Bob McNair on Case Keenum: "I thought he did a heck of a job. He was outstanding."

Texans owner Bob McNair on Case Keenum: "If we had given him a little better protection at the end I think he'd gotten us down the field again

Bob McNair on Gary Kubiak: "How can anybody get a team playing harder than this team was playing. I don't know how anybody can criticize him

When 2 of your best players R out, your starting QB is out, your still out there playing right down to the wire. What more can u ask of your coaches.

We're better than our record, but as we say you are what your record is too. We just got to get it going
The minute this game was over, I said to a buddy of mine: "Kubiak will get a long extension and a big raise at the end of the season."

Shaking my freaking head...
Old 10-20-2013   #2053
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
Via Mark Berman

We're better than our record, but as we say you are what your record is too. We just got to get it going[/i]
Old 10-20-2013   #2054
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...medium=twitter

Quote:
“You couldn’t play any harder,” McNair said. “In spite of Arian (Foster) and (Brian) Cushing going out, we had a chance to win right until the end. You couldn’t ask for any better effort out of our players. I was really proud of them.

“I’m discouraged we lost. We played extremely hard against a good club. Give them credit. If we keep playing the way we’d played today, we’ll win a lot of games.”

As for the five-game losing streak, he said, “We don’t have them all on the field. That’s got something to do with it. And some haven’t been playing up to the level they’re playing now.

“The talent is certainly there, but the ball hasn’t bounced our way yet. It’s hard because we’re better than our record, but you are what your record is. We’ve got to get it going.”

Keenum threw for 271 yards in his first start.

“I thought he did a hell of a job,” McNair said. “He was outstanding. If we’d have given him better protection at the end, I think he’d have gotten us down the field again.

“He showed a lot of poise. I was proud of the way he played.”
Old 10-20-2013   #2055
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope McNair is just playing nice for the reporters, because if he truly fails to see the problems with Kubiak, that is a bad sign for this franchise long-term. Kubiak, Schaub and all the other underachievers will eventually be gone, but the owner will always be around. And an owner that doesn't expect excellence would be a bummer for us fans.
Old 10-20-2013   #2056
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I can't imagine how I would have handled those questions, so soon after the game, if I were McNair.
Old 10-20-2013   #2057
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can't imagine how I would have handled those questions, so soon after the game, if I were McNair.
Fair point. But, he could have also - as he did after the Rams game - simply made himself unavailable to the media. His comments send a massively bad message to season ticket holders...
Old 10-20-2013   #2058
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's leash

Old 10-21-2013   #2059
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2782 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

how could you not suit your 3rd running back when you know your starting RB is hobbled with a injury?

we couldnt score from the 1 freaking yard line.
Old 10-21-2013   #2060
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Gary Kubiak.....a rich tradition of getting outcoached since 2006.
I just thought I'd quote this. It was posted in 2009.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read