Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013   #2021
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Time for kubiak to kick rocks.
Old 10-20-2013   #2022
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fire Kubaik

He is the reason texans lost today and will keep losing game as HC. fyi keenum is legit.
Old 10-20-2013   #2023
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Kubaik

Who is this Kubaik fellow you speak of?
Old 10-20-2013   #2024
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so heated right now I can't even spell stright
Old 10-20-2013   #2025
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

That was crappy play calling when we had first and goal at the one. No excuse for not punching it in there.

I thought Case did great, and did plenty to earn a start in two weeks.

I do believe this season is over, though. We need a new coach.
Old 10-20-2013   #2026
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRice View Post
He is the reason texans lost today and will keep losing game as HC. fyi keenum is legit.
Your thread offers supreme insight and I am a better fan for having read it.

Old 10-20-2013   #2027
GlenRice
Veteran

Can't get it in 1st and goal on the 1. Still after 8 years can't mange the clock. Knows defense will bring blitz does nothing to defuse it. Kubiak needs to go.
Old 10-20-2013   #2028
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a lot of things wrong with the Texans right now, and Kubiak is just one of them. There'll be no playoffs this year. I'm already prepared to be horribly pissed off when Kubiak is still our head coach next year.

So I'm just gonna relax, not expect a whole lot, and hope Keenum continues to play. If they trot out Schaub or Yates later on I'll probably just turn the sound off and nap.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-20-2013   #2029
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114195 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubake has mange?
Old 10-20-2013   #2030
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Two-time division champs! Don't screw with us if you're the Bengals.
Old 10-20-2013   #2031
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

kubiak should be fired and fired now. The season is over and there is no reason to keep him around just to "finish strong" in december and change mcnair's mind.

Old 10-20-2013   #2032
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Did y'all see the end of the first half with something like 50 seconds left and 2 time outs? Kubiak looked like he wanted to run the clock out. First down, out comes the run for a good gain. No time out called. Second play is a run. No time out called after a good gain. Suddenly, the Texans have a change to get in field goal range, but Kubiak called his usual testicle-free end of half conservative bullsheet and we ran out of time to give Keenum a chance to move the ball a little more to get into FG range.

The Texans mistakenly played some good offense and foiled Gary's plan to run the clock out.

FIRE KUBIAK. His non-aggressive p*ssy playcalling is costing this team. We HAD a chance to get into field goal range if he just let the team go for something other than his safe playcalling.

I'm actively hating him now. Frack that guy. FRACK HIM.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 10-20-2013   #2033
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Did y'all see the end of the first half with something like 50 seconds left and 2 time outs? Kubiak looked like he wanted to run the clock out. First down, out comes the run for a good gain. No time out called. Second play is a run. No time out called after a good gain. Suddenly, the Texans have a change to get in field goal range, but Kubiak called his usual testicle-free end of half conservative bullsheet and we ran out of time to give Keenum a chance to move the ball a little more to get into FG range.

The Texans mistakenly played some good offense and foiled Gary's plan to run the clock out.

FIRE KUBIAK. His non-aggressive p*ssy playcalling is costing this team. We HAD a chance to get into field goal range if he just let the team go for something other than his safe playcalling.

MSR, someone give Jen some more rep for me..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Old 10-20-2013   #2034
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That sequence and the 3rd and 21 play is when I really yelled at the TV. Kubiak thinks he's coaching in the 1970's. You need to get as many points as you can in the current NFL. There's no more 10-7 games anymore.
Old 10-20-2013   #2035
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Done.
Old 10-20-2013   #2036
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Done.
Old 10-20-2013   #2037
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess When Kubiak Gets Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I disagree completely (about Rick Smith). I'd let Kubiak go and keep Smith. He's been a pretty good GM and I'd like to see how he fared without being tied at the hip to Gary.

I bet he gets better without Kubiak.
Must disagree with you totally.
Smith has made some nice little moves but he has missed on the big ones.

1. MS extension
2. Ed Reed signing over Quinn
3. Keeping Mario that last year.
4. GK is still here
5. Cap management

What has he done that makes him a good GM.
Old 10-20-2013   #2038
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not piling on here but I've been on show Smubiak the door train since 2010.

1. David Shaw
2. Jimbo Fisher
3. Darrell Bevell
4. Dan Quinn
5. Sean McDermott

That is all!
Old 10-20-2013   #2039
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He handled the clock perfectly in that situation. Given the game situation, etc... he did what all good NFL coaches would have done. There are issues with Kubiak, for sure, but he manages those situations well... They almost scored, either getting the tipped TD or getting into FG range... How much criticism would he have gotten if they had left 40 seconds on the clock and given up a KC field goal or TD before half? Or, put an inexperienced QB in a position to turn it over and give up points right before half in an otherwise manageable game
Old 10-20-2013   #2040
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
He handled the clock perfectly in that situation. Given the game situation, etc... he did what all good NFL coaches would have done. There are issues with Kubiak, for sure, but he manages those situations well... They almost scored, either getting the tipped TD or getting into FG range... How much criticism would he have gotten if they had left 40 seconds on the clock and given up a KC field goal or TD before half? Or, put an inexperienced QB in a position to turn it over and give up points right before half in an otherwise manageable game
I'm sorry but you can't just roll over on offense with a minute to go before the half and your down, and your team is on a 4 game losing streak and you were supposed to be a SB contender. If the team was 4-2 instead of 2-4 then maybe. But kubiak is as spineless as a jellyfish. Can't wait to get rid of this bum.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read