Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #21
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Way to jinx it
Old 10-20-2013   #22
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Why does this thread exist
Old 10-20-2013   #23
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of scared crows in Houston tonight
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #24
BleedsRocketRed
Open the Roof!

Rep Power: 0 BleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respected

He did great given the circumstances. No way am I disappointed in how he played. First game, first start, IN arrowhead, against a top 2 D in the league? Ill take it.

Overall, he did great. Sure he needs to make some adjustments, but he has a LOT of upside I will gladly take.
Old 10-20-2013   #25
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I defense of Case, we had no running backs, their DBs were tackling our guys before the ball was even thrown with no flags. u could tell that Tate wasnt right, the kid played very well IMO.
Old 10-20-2013   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsRocketRed View Post
He did great given the circumstances. No way am I disappointed in how he played. First game, first start, IN arrowhead, against a top 2 D in the league? Ill take it.
With no running game. Once KC figured that out in the second half, they loosed the hounds.
Old 10-20-2013   #27
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Case needs to work on identifying and adjusting to the blitz.
He burned the blitz a couple of times in the 1st half. The Chiefs made the proper adjustments and let their superior talent whip our OL.

Case does need to read the D better, though. He also needs to learn to protect the ball better in the pocket. All in all, I'm not surprised with his performance and think he did enough to start in two weeks. Just imagine the outcome if Schaub had been under center today. It would've been a sack and pick 6 fest. It would've been a slaughter instead of a close contest.
Old 10-20-2013   #28
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum played great especially considering how bad our offensive line is and practically having only 1 active running back.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #29
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not yet. He looked ok, but did nothing to show me that he is the future. I do think he could be a decent backup though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #30
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Classic first time starter today. Looked great in 1st half because of no film. Looked very beatable in 2nd half after Andy Reid made adjustments.
He showed a lot today but some of you are ready to crown him our franchise QB after a fairly mediocre performance.

2 fumbles and a number of poor blitz pickups. Holds the ball too long. Part of that goes on the OL but this was not a breakout game IMO
Old 10-20-2013   #31
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Not yet. He looked ok,

OK? For real?............

I'm not saying he is the answer either but ok????

Agendas are going be served with this kind of talk after Keenum's performance I guess?

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #32
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Again it's one game..

How many Scott Mitchell, Matt Flynn, Kolb, etc, etc.. He looked good but second half he looked meh, he couldn't see the overload blitz, he should have rolled away, got the ball out quicker, etc etc.

Not ready to hand a multi million dollar contract and anoint him the new king.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #33
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
He burned the blitz a couple of times in the 1st half. The Chiefs made the proper adjustments and let their superior talent whip our OL.

Case does need to read the D better, though. He also needs to learn to protect the ball better in the pocket. All in all, I'm not surprised with his performance and think he did enough to start in two weeks. Just imagine the outcome if Schaub had been under center today. It would've been a sack and pick 6 fest. It would've been a slaughter instead of a close contest.
You have to remember that there was no running game and Tate obviously wasn't right. I bet if Wood was active, the game would have played out differently. Just needed a running game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #34
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
this was not a breakout game IMO
.............rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhh hhtttttttttttt

Again not saying he IS the answer, Texans should be scouting QB's for sure.

But attempting to downplay Cases play to try to back up people opinion before the game today serves no one any good.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 10-20-2013   #35
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

OK? For real?............

I'm not saying he is the answer either but ok????

Agendas are going be served with this kind of talk after Keenum's performance I guess?
Yeah, ok. He made some nice throws. He made some ok throws. He made some bad throws. He showed good mobility, but could not pick up the blitz to save his life.

As someone pointed out, he looked worse as the game went on. That happens with 1st time starters- they look good at first, because the other team knows nothing about them. As they play and the other team gets a feel for them, well, they look worse.

He did enough for me to want to see him as the starter for the next game.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #36
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Way to jinx it
what did I jinx? and this thread exists for a reason.

Case played his ass off, proved he belongs, and solidified himself as the Texans future starter. It's not his fault we lost, Graham and Hopkins need to catch easy passes and we need a Oline. If Schuab would've started he would've gotten killed behind that type of protection
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Yeah, ok. He made some nice throws. He made some ok throws. He made some bad throws. He showed good mobility, but could not pick up the blitz to save his life.

As someone pointed out, he looked worse as the game went on. That happens with 1st time starters- they look good at first, because the other team knows nothing about them. As they play and the other team gets a feel for them, well, they look worse.

I have my daughter so I didn't drink today. My sober eyes that watched that game today saw something different than you did somehow. I saw horrible oline play, I did see Case burn a few blitz's but yeah not all (hello Schaub and Yates getting killed if they were in too there) I saw dumbass play clock management, horrible reffing, ridiculous play calling in some cases....did I mention oline play?

He had pressure in his face all damn day, IN Arrowhead against a bad ass Chiefs defense. I would assume most 3rd stringers who actually are garbage would have come out and straight sucked balls. THAT is what you NORMALLY see with 3rd stringers. Case was nowhere near that and actually made dare I say actual NFL throws Texans fans don't get to see unless they watch another team yet he's being downplayed. I literally cannot comprehend this as a legitimate argument? Not trying to go on the attack, I'm seriously just dumbfounded I'm seeing this from a few people.

Old 10-20-2013   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
You have to remember that there was no running game and Tate obviously wasn't right. I bet if Wood was active, the game would have played out differently. Just needed a running game.
I've mentioned that very thing several times today. I agree that Wood being active could've been a difference maker.
Old 10-20-2013   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His offensive line couldn't pick up a blitz.. and what bad throws did he make? please list them. let's say we spend a first round pick on a QB and in their first start against a team who's

Number 1 in points allowed (btw Case led a team that beat that average and he would've smashed it if his receivers could simply hold on to the football)

was number 1 in turnovers allowed

and was

also number 1 in passing yards allowed.... (a UDFA completed big plays against them all day long)

If you spent a first round pick on a QB and that QB performed half as well as Keenum did, you'd be ecstatic.. he was our best player on the field today.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #40
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like posting about case since I'm a UH grad and will get labeled as a homer, Etc. However, say what you will about the game today, anyone who would rather have Schaub or Yates out there THIS season is smoking rocks. If Keenum gets the play out the season, or at least a good stretch of games, the discussion of our future QB will have more meaning and direction. I want Case to be the guy, but I'd rather win so if he doesn't cut it over the course of the next few games then let's talk draft.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read