Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013   #741
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Manziel might have hurt his shoulder trying to gain some extra yards

He also is one rushing yard away from cam newtons SEC record

Not sure if manziel will return yet. they aren't saying yet

Looks like he can't throw on the sidelines and looks like he is going to the locker room
Old 10-19-2013   #742
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel is back on after aggies defense gave up 14 quick points

Manziel should have cam newtons record now
Old 10-19-2013   #743
Wolf
100% Texan

Manziel scored a rushing TD and the ref stepped in and told home basically not to talk **** when he turned toward auburn player
Old 10-19-2013   #744
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I would much rather have a QB like Marshal than Manziel.
Old 10-19-2013   #745
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither Manziel or Marshal can make it in the NFL........they're too short....both at 6'1".........
Old 10-19-2013   #746
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Neither Manziel or Marshal can make it in the NFL........they're too short....both at 6'1".........
Lol, troublemaker.

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet
Old 10-19-2013   #747
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
A short QB with a lot of wins from a major conference will still get drafted. Mark Sanchez, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson etc... etc... If you're short, you've only played in a spread offense, you didn't play in a major conference... not so much.
Old 10-19-2013   #748
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would much rather have a QB like Marshal than Manziel.
Manziel puts his linemen in some tough situations. He doesn't look comfortable in the pocket going through reads. He gets happy feet and wants to take off and run.

That said, I think that he has some workable skills. He has a good arm. Obviously athletic. I just don't know if he can sit inside dn nfl pocket and make reads and make throws all over the field.

There are other guys I'd rather have.
Old 10-19-2013   #749
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn disappointed in our defense today.
Old 10-20-2013   #750
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is every time I watch that scrony 15 year old looking kid, I come away shaking my head, saying how did he do that? I don't know how anyone could watch him and not be impressed.
Old 10-20-2013   #751
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
All I know is every time I watch that scrony 15 year old looking kid, I come away shaking my head, saying how did he do that? I don't know how anyone could watch him and not be impressed.
There's a difference between not being impressed and recognizing some flaws in his game.

I am impressed with his play as I was impressed with VY as I was impressed with a lot of other college QB's.

But in order for Manziel to be a pro QB he's going to have to get more comfortable in the pocket. That last play where he was sacked is a prime example. Instead of stepping up into the pocket Manziel consistently looks to scramble to the edges. That works against rice, but when you have other top tier athletes on the field, it doesn't work as much.

I'd like to see him work in the pocket a little bit better. As I said upthread, Manziel is talented and has a bunch of skills to work with. But that's one area that I think can make or break him. He starts to get happy feet and wants to start scrambling towards the sideline for no reason at times.
Old 10-21-2013   #752
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
There's a difference between not being impressed and recognizing some flaws in his game.

I am impressed with his play as I was impressed with VY as I was impressed with a lot of other college QB's.

But in order for Manziel to be a pro QB he's going to have to get more comfortable in the pocket. That last play where he was sacked is a prime example. Instead of stepping up into the pocket Manziel consistently looks to scramble to the edges. That works against rice, but when you have other top tier athletes on the field, it doesn't work as much.

I'd like to see him work in the pocket a little bit better. As I said upthread, Manziel is talented and has a bunch of skills to work with. But that's one area that I think can make or break him. He starts to get happy feet and wants to start scrambling towards the sideline for no reason at times.
Great Post

This is what will make or break Manziel in the NFL.
Old 10-21-2013   #753
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel is a great college QB. But, his decision making is what will be his undoing in the NFL. You can't throw it up for grabs 3 or 4 times a game like he does now. He's fun to watch and all, but at this point he doesn't look to be drafted very high, if at all.
Old 10-21-2013   #754
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhog View Post
Manziel is a great college QB. But, his decision making is what will be his undoing in the NFL. You can't throw it up for grabs 3 or 4 times a game like he does now. He's fun to watch and all, but at this point he doesn't look to be drafted very high, if at all.
LOL

He will be drafted by a QB needy team in rds1-3.

To think otherwise means you're

A. A hater
B. Not very informed when it comes to the draft.
Old 10-21-2013   #755
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Great Post

This is what will make or break Manziel in the NFL.
This is funny b/c this sums up everything i've been saying about him all along & i was labeled a hater.
Old 10-21-2013   #756
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhog View Post
With today's rules & players like Andre, Fitzgerald, Megatron, B.Marshall, Demarius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, & I'm sure there will be another half dozen guys entering the league in the next 5 years..... he might be able to get away with it.
Old 10-21-2013   #757
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
This is funny b/c this sums up everything i've been saying about him all along & i was labeled a hater.
You're a hater because you're a hater.

Take another sip of that Hateraide. LOL
Old 10-21-2013   #758
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105991 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

He reverted to this badly at the end of the game Saturday. Needs to work on that.
Old 10-22-2013   #759
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
He reverted to this badly at the end of the game Saturday. Needs to work on that.
That's something he needs to start working on now. He can't turn every play into street ball.

That said, if he can get more discipline in that area he could be a really good pro qb because he obviously has the talent and when he does need to escape the pocket in the pros could be deadly. IF he cleans his game up.

My guess is that he doesn't work on it now, and he will do best in the nfl by sitting and learning for a while.

I'd love to have manziel. I'm just not sure I'd want him with our first round pick.
Old 10-25-2013   #760
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Riiiight.

You stated he wasn't even a good COLLEGE player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read