Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: A Case Against the Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
The New Look Texans have to actually put up a W at this point before I would consider the notion that they could beat a buttercup. I give you the Rams as an example.. But I don't believe KC is a buttercup. This is a blue collar team that I believe plays within themselves and their coach has them playing well. surprising to be undefeated at this point, but by no means should they be overlooked. We have more to prove, so it's hard to buy into any hype that would suggest we get a break this week.
If we were undefeated after having played their schedule & a 2-4 Baltimore Ravens team, or New York Giants team came to Reliant what would you think?

I know Andy Reid has been a much better coach than Gary Kubiak for a long time. But who has he been most recently? 6-0... I know. Again, look at who they beat.

Jags & Giants 0-6
Oakland 2-4
Phily 3-3
Tennessee 3-3
Cowboys 3-3

That list wouldn't impress any of us if those were the Texans' conquest.

Truth of the matter is we don't know who's who yet. It's definitely clearer than it was 6 weeks ago, but we've still got a long way to go.
Old 10-18-2013   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Here is a well laid-out article that unveils the "chinks in the armour" of our upcoming 6-0 opponent.

The Texans weren't in this article's discussion, but there is now also the unknown Case against the Chiefs................
Well that was a refreshing take Doc. I hope the downslide begins about 1500 hours on Sunday.

I hope we're just the team to start the Chiefs crumble.

That'd be really BA!

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #23
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we were undefeated after having played their schedule & a 2-4 Baltimore Ravens team, or New York Giants team came to Reliant what would you think?

I know Andy Reid has been a much better coach than Gary Kubiak for a long time. But who has he been most recently? 6-0... I know. Again, look at who they beat.

Jags & Giants 0-6
Oakland 2-4
Phily 3-3
Tennessee 3-3
Cowboys 3-3

Truth of the matter is we don't know who's who yet. It's definitely clearer than it was 6 weeks ago, but we've still got a long way to go.
If we were undefeated, I would feel differently facing a buttercup team, but I still wouldn't consider this KC team a buttercup. Not a juggernaught either, but given the current unsettled state the Texans are in coming into this game, there's a lot of doubt in predicting the outcome.

I think your assesment of who they've beat is fair, but jaded in that Oakland, philly, tennesse and the cowboys are looking much better if KC lost those games instead. I think KC has been able to do what the Texans haven't...

Get out of their own way. That is the biggest determing factor of how long of a way we've still got to go IMHO.
Old 10-20-2013   #24
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Jags & Giants 0-6
Oakland 2-4
Phily 3-3
Tennessee 3-3
Cowboys 3-3

I read somewhere that KC's schedule to this point was 31st in difficulty to this point. Going forward it will be 7th in difficulty.

I think KC will hit the buzz saw soon and will probably end up somewhere at 10-6 or so. Hopefully that first loss comes today.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read