Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2013   #41
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: case keenum dec article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Yeah, public relations. He will NEVER be a pro QB.

Unless the great and powerful Kubiak saw something that the 31 others teams passed on. If he had ANY chance at all someone would have used a 7th round pick on him as a project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Not the best reasoning to use.
I dunno, if you think about it that's the exact same reason why Arian Foster will never succeed as a RB in the NFL......
Old 10-19-2013   #42
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He was inactive but not on the PS. He would have been snagged if he was and the Texans feared that.

As for Case, sorry redbloods but Case will never amount to anything in the NFL. Just another NCAA QB from a spread offense who has no chance as an NFL QB.
yeah old thread, but it was still early this 2013 year. Pretty interesting to see the fan views back then.

I knew one day keenum would get his chance. weather he does well or not remains a mystery this sunday but he's not just any NCAA QB from a spread offense. He's our QB this Sunday that a lot of us are rooting for.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
yeah old thread, but it was still early this 2013 year. Pretty interesting to see the fan views back then.

I knew one day keenum would get his chance. weather he does well or not remains a mystery this sunday but he's not just any NCAA QB from a spread offense. He's our QB this Sunday that a lot of us are rooting for.
I think it would have had more sting if you waited until Case was entrenched as the starter.
Old 10-19-2013   #44
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the point of the thread was to link an article about one of our 4 qb's. i wasn't trying to stuff keenum down your throat.

So, apparently the bolded was not true, then...

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #45
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nice, yeah, the posts on page 2 were pretty interesting. NFL history is littered with highly drafted busts at QB so I'm not sure why some folks are so adamant on Keenum's draft status. Sure, where someone is drafted is typically an indicator of their potential, but it's just potential and nothing more. What any one players does after they are picked up by a squad is unwritten.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #46
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
When talking about Matt Schaub he said

"They're always there to talk through stuff," Keenum said, "and just watching them and the decisions they make on and off the field is big."

I hope he isnt watching the decesions he makes on the field to closely
You can watch someone hit their thumb with a hammer and know you don't want to do it.
Old 10-19-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
There's this mentality in the NFL that you get a starter and you have clipboard QBs who really shouldn't do much more than just maintain and sustain. Why is that? There's a glorification of the NFL QB that I think needs to be put out to pasture and retired. Teams need dynamic production at the QB position.
I know this is an old post & I haven't seen GP around lately, but what he's speaking of here I think is more on the QB, not the coach. The coach wants everyone on his team to want to get better, to want to win a championship, to want to be the starter.

It's my opinion that Tj has gotten comfortable being a back-up, & while he says he wants to be a starter, he had two opportunities to make his case & he failed miserably.

I hope Case acts like he wants to be the starter & he backs it up with his play. Starting @home week 9 isn't his & shouldn't be taken for granted. If I were the coach, that's the way I want it. I want him to prove to me he deserves the start in week 9. As good a QB I think Matt Schaub is right now all that means is don't turn the ball over.

I expect Case to take a few licks Sunday. If he fumbles the ball (whether in the pocket, rolling out of the pocket, or going for the Rosencopter) it's over. I know Schaub will not drop the ball when sacked. If he tosses the ball in very bad situations, if he gets rid of the ball because he's scared, it's over. Matt's only tossed it up once that I know of because he was scared.

Kubiak can win games with a QB who takes care of the ball.
Old 10-19-2013   #48
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
sig worthy. thread subscribed.
WHy is it sig worthy? He hasn't started his first game...lets be cautious here and wait and see....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #49
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121294 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I expect Case to take a few licks Sunday. If he fumbles the ball (whether in the pocket, rolling out of the pocket, or going for the Rosencopter) it's over. I know Schaub will not drop the ball when sacked.
No, Matt would much rather fumble the ball by himself when there's no one around him (see Patriots playoff game)
Old 10-19-2013   #50
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's time for a one stop "All Encompassing Keenum" thread. Mods could you help a brother out and merge all these?!?

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 10-19-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo (>_<)
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #51
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I think it's time for a one stop "All Emcompassing Keenum" thread. Mods could you help a brother out and merge all these?!?
I second that motion.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I think it's time for a one stop "All Emcompassing Keenum" thread. Mods could you help a brother out and merge all these?!?

Agreed and I'm a Keenum "homer". It's just all over the place and whether you want to avoid it, debunk it, debate it, or drown in it makes no difference. Going from thread to thread to find posts about the same subject gets old.

Lets pull all this mess together please. Please?
Old 10-19-2013   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Agreed and I'm a Keenum "homer". It's just all over the place and whether you want to avoid it, debunk it, debate it, or drown in it makes no difference. Going from thread to thread to find posts about the same subject gets old.

Lets pull all this mess togetherinking about this please. Please?
Agreed. Was thinking about this yesterday.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #54
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

An all encompassing Keenum thread would be about a 1000 pages long!

Well fellow Texan fans, we'll be finding out soon enough all about Mr. Case Keenum.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Ask and you shall receive (sometimes).

I'll leave the others that are already well developed but hopefully this will kill off a little of the redundancy.

Poor TJ - he never got redundant enough to merit an all encompassing thread.
Old 10-19-2013   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope is just a fine thing. Hope realized is even sweeter.
Old 10-20-2013   #57
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Ask and you shall receive (sometimes).

I'll leave the others that are already well developed but hopefully this will kill off a little of the redundancy.

Poor TJ - he never got redundant enough to merit an all encompassing thread.
Much obliged.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #58
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Would it be too much if I started a thread stating that we're 40 minutes away from being able to start a thread about the first game Case is going to start in?
Old 10-20-2013   #59
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think all encompassing threads are bad luck
Old 10-20-2013   #60
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Keenum can be the the cutoff man for Schaub's deep ball .
He's on the wrong team to do that...
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read