Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-05-2013   #21
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WolverineFan's 1st 2014 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I've been watching Hundley vs Utah and he isn't all that impressive as a passer. He can move his feet and make plays with his legs, but his passing needs work.
i see him like a russell wilson cam newton guy. who uses his feet only to get out of situations i.e. looks for the pass sees nothing about to get sacked then gets out and makes the first down.

his different to other "dual threat" QBs like manziel who make that first read guy is covered then run for as many yards as possible or have designated run plays.

Thats my impression of hundley and why i like him
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
i see him like a russell wilson cam newton guy. who uses his feet only to get out of situations i.e. looks for the pass sees nothing about to get sacked then gets out and makes the first down.

his different to other "dual threat" QBs like manziel who make that first read guy is covered then run for as many yards as possible or have designated run plays.

Thats my impression of hundley and why i like him
Russell Wilson's passing ability was more advanced when he was at NC State than Newton at Auburn, maybe even now. Wilson threw 17 TDs and 1 INT as a true freshman at NC State. Hundley isn't even close to a Russell Wilson, from the little I saw. Wilson used to throw it 40 times, complete 60% of his passes and throw 4 TDs against top defenses in college. His team at NC State wasn't that good either. By the time he got to Wisconson, he had a good team behind him and threw for 72%, 33 TDs with 4 INTs over the course of the season. The Cam Newton comparison is more on par, except Hundley is not nearly as dynamic with his power when he runs. Hundley certainly isn't a run first guy, but he wasn't all that great passing it against a Utah defense. Luckily for them, as they almost lost, they couldn't stop him scrambling.

Color me unimpressed with the one game I saw, but it is only one game. He looks like he needs some time to develop.

About Manziel, the only thing I don't like in regards to scouting him for an NFL QB is that he relies heavily on scrambling around, beating people off foot quickness, and tossing it up for grabs. He does it far too often for me to be comfortable with him. Don't get me wrong, he makes plenty of great throws, but there is some chance to him tossing it up for grabs 2 or 3 times a game.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 10-05-2013 at 06:18 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #23
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tre Boston is looking legit this season. He had another good game last night against Miami. He would be a good pick up in the fourth round. If he keeps it up though he might get taken in the third.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone as interested in DBs as I, Ahmad Dixon and Baylor will be playing Iowa St who did well against Texas tech will play Oct 19th 6pm & should be interesting game.
Old 10-18-2013   #25
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Russell Wilson's passing ability was more advanced when he was at NC State than Newton at Auburn, maybe even now. Wilson threw 17 TDs and 1 INT as a true freshman at NC State. Hundley isn't even close to a Russell Wilson, from the little I saw. Wilson used to throw it 40 times, complete 60% of his passes and throw 4 TDs against top defenses in college. His team at NC State wasn't that good either. By the time he got to Wisconson, he had a good team behind him and threw for 72%, 33 TDs with 4 INTs over the course of the season. The Cam Newton comparison is more on par, except Hundley is not nearly as dynamic with his power when he runs. Hundley certainly isn't a run first guy, but he wasn't all that great passing it against a Utah defense. Luckily for them, as they almost lost, they couldn't stop him scrambling.

Color me unimpressed with the one game I saw, but it is only one game. He looks like he needs some time to develop.

About Manziel, the only thing I don't like in regards to scouting him for an NFL QB is that he relies heavily on scrambling around, beating people off foot quickness, and tossing it up for grabs. He does it far too often for me to be comfortable with him. Don't get me wrong, he makes plenty of great throws, but there is some chance to him tossing it up for grabs 2 or 3 times a game.
pretty much spot on with all the assessments.

i'm not too impressed with with Hundley either..he needs to stay & get a little more seasoning b4 he'll be ready imo..I don't think he'll come out anyway....

Manziel to me, needs to be in the right offense for him to succeed. That offense most likely has to be a spread type...the closer it is to an NFL offense, the worse he'd look. I think he'd absolutely kill it in Chip Kelly's offense though...until he got hurt that is.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #26
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

personally i think JF is not the QB for us, to much off field drama. but just for devils advocate purposes is it possible that houston is a great option for manziel. he wont be the focal-point of the offence because we have foster and we continue to be a "run first" team. Manziel has improved a lot in is passing under centre so maybe he doesnt have to run as often in our offence which allows for more potency when he does run and he gets injured less.
Old 10-18-2013   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
personally i think JF is not the QB for us, to much off field drama. but just for devils advocate purposes is it possible that houston is a great option for manziel. he wont be the focal-point of the offence because we have foster and we continue to be a "run first" team. Manziel has improved a lot in is passing under centre so maybe he doesnt have to run as often in our offence which allows for more potency when he does run and he gets injured less.
you really think Manziel would not be the focal point? Doesn't matter what AJ or Foster would do under that scenario, like Tebow or Luck or RG 3, Johnny Football would have every move repeated every 10 minutes on ESPN, NFL and the new Fox channel. Surely you know that?

Old 10-18-2013   #28
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
you really think Manziel would not be the focal point? Doesn't matter what AJ or Foster would do under that scenario, like Tebow or Luck or RG 3, Johnny Football would have every move repeated every 10 minutes on ESPN, NFL and the new Fox channel. Surely you know that?

focal point of the media no doubt. but im saying in terms of the play calling

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read