Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to start at QB this week?
Schaub 10 9.26%
Yates 6 5.56%
Keenum 86 79.63%
Other 6 5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2013   #121
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
If knew it would come up,then maybe you should've done a better job of getting your facts together. Warren Moon played in a pro style offense and played well in college. Doug williams came out of a swac school. The examples you gave are poor because between joe g with the steelers and warren moon,there were countless black qbs who were told to play another position. Hell,charlie ward wasn't even drafted because teams thought he might play basketball and wasn't sure if it was the offense at fsu.Nevermind the guy had a cannon,was a natural leader,and was very,very, mobile. So when you say warren and doug compare to case,I think your wrong and getting wronger. As soon as warren got thru dominating the cfl,he was the highest paid qb in the nfl.case on the other have had 2 guys recently get drafted playing in the exact same system. Rg3 and kolb both were drafted high playing in that same system. Just like white and heupal played in the same system as bradford but wasn't drafted. Scouts can look past the system and look at talent.
Wow, man, you're a trip. I chose my what I wrote in the service of comparing one undrafted QB to another undrafted QB, not considering Warren Moon's personal axe to grind as a part of the equation...and rightfully so! That you brought up race, even after my words, and yours, as well, speaks against it is where we've gone "wrong." Not knowing where an athlete fits on a pro team has been an issue with all races, not just black. Sh!t, we're talking about the 60s, 70s, and 80s, not the days of Fitz Pollard. I'm saying you took it off course. Doug Williams only came up, on my end, because he was drafted the same year as Moon...and Moon arguably was the greater talent.

Regardless, a number of things in my very first post was tongue in cheek anyway, leading to the main point (and you mentioning RGIII, Heupal, et al, helps). There wouldn't be ay such thing as a first round bust if all the experts knew how to grade perfectly. That includes Moon; that includes Tom Brady; and that includes Ryan Leaf. Start looking at names. There's tons of them, both beautiful and bust...and I'm sure a thousands of what ifs that never got a chance at all coming out of college.

That's the NFL, regardless of what era, color or position.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #122
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Well if you only want to be short sighted about 4 games then obviously not so well, but then again I am not one who says it was all Schaub's fault. Perhaps you are.

But historically it has worked out great for the Texans. Schaub turned them from a disastrous franchise into a back to back division winner that many were picking to go to the Super Bowl this year.

Can't keep saying 4 games represent then rest of the Texans season.
Really cause if i recall correctly we didnt become a 2 time division winner until wade took over and we got jojo and manning in FA, pretty sure yates got us the actual division and won us our first play off game. Lets not act like our success the last two seasons is all because of Schaub.
Old 10-18-2013   #123
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Really cause if i recall correctly we didnt become a 2 time division winner until wade took over and we got jojo and manning in FA, pretty sure yates got us the actual division and won us our first play off game. Lets not act like our success the last two seasons is all because of Schaub.
Yates did jack in 2011 other than not sink the boat. Based on his play, if he had started all season there wouldn't have been a playoff birth even with Wade's D.
Old 10-18-2013   #124
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yates did jack in 2011 other than not sink the boat. Based on his play, if he had started all season there wouldn't have been a playoff birth even with Wade's D.
Not saying we won all because of yates, but we did clinch with him at QB and won our first play off game. My whole point was our success was not soley because of Schaub, not to mention most of our failure this season on offense is due to Schaub.
Old 10-18-2013   #125
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not saying we won all because of yates, but we did clinch with him at QB and won our first play off game. My whole point was our success was not soley because of Schaub, not to mention most of our failure this season on offense is due to Schaub.

Yates wouldn't have a playoff win without Matt
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #126
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Well my choice is obvious. Bill! Someone sober him up and get his ass to practice.
Not gonna happen my brother!!!

Although, while stationed in Germany, I once showed up for a playoff flag football game at 8:00am wearing slacks, dress shoes and a button down collar. That's what I was wearing the night before and showed up from a taxi that morning...

BTW, I had an interception and later a TD..... FACT!!!

*EDIT*
And yes, I voted for myself. I feel motivated after that ^^^^^^ true story!!
That said, no sobering!!
Old 10-18-2013   #127
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Yates wouldn't have a playoff win without Matt
Matt wouldnt have a play off win without foster, didnt matt throw a pick 6 in the play offs as well ?
Old 10-18-2013   #128
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt wouldnt have a play off win without foster, didnt matt throw a pick 6 in the play offs as well ?
Clearly you are missing it
Old 10-18-2013   #129
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Clearly you are missing it
Clearly Schaub didnt win the play off game, he tried to give it away. Would rate Yates first play off game much better than Schaubs. My point is Schaub has never done well in pressure situations.
Old 10-18-2013   #130
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Clearly Schaub didnt win the play off game, he tried to give it away. Would rate Yates first play off game much better than Schaubs. My point is Schaub has never done well in pressure situations.
Make a point that Schaub has never done well under pressure then. Don't talk about playoff wins if said qb was 2-3 and only made it to the playoffs because the texans had already booked 7 wins and Matt II locked up the 8th before Yates took the field
Old 10-18-2013   #131
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Make a point that Schaub has never done well under pressure then. Don't talk about playoff wins if said qb was 2-3 and only made it to the playoffs because the texans had already booked 7 wins and Matt II locked up the 8th before Yates took the field
Ok then Matt Schaub has never done well under pressure. Bright lights shine on him, and they blind him. He has had his shot, more than enough opportunities so it will be sad if Case gets only 1 shot.
Old 10-18-2013   #132
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Ha! So I see.. It's a team effort when they win, (Wade, jojo, manning, etc.) and Schaub's fault when they lose? Can't have it both ways bro. I know others already answered the exaggeration you made regarding Yates taking the Texans to their first Playoff berth, but I gotta say, you really have your blinders on if you honestly believe that.

Unlike your desire to single out one person when things go wrong, I have never said Schaub was the sole reason this team has won or lost, I just pointed out the discrepancies when people blame all of the teams woes on Schaub. If you are going to fault him when the Texans lose, you also have to credit him when they win. Simple as that.

Quote:
Really? Sure sounded like it to me when you said "pretty sure Yates got us the actual division and won us our first play off game" which of course is NOT true. If anyone deserves credit it would be Kubiak for protecting Yates and keeping him from totally sinking that season. Once Kubiak let Yates off the chain vs. the Ravens, you saw what he was really like. 3 INT's.

Do you not realize how contradictory you sound when on one hand you say Schaub is not the sole reason the Texans have won, then turn around and immediately say that most of failures on offense are Schaub's fault? Hilarious!

Quote:
Honestly I think your only point is you think Schaub sucks and he was to blame for everything wrong with the Texans, and when the Texans won, it was everybody but Schaub who contributed. As I said above, you cannot blame losses or failure on Schaub and then fail to give him credit when the Texans win.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz

Last edited by Nitrofish; 10-19-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #133
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Schaub consistently craps the bed in big games.
He didn't use to. For a while he was doing his best to keep us in games while our piss poor defense kept giving up TDs. Schaub was once carrying this team on his back, now he can't carry his own water. But don't discount his early history with the team, which was good.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #134
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has never been a really good QB. He used to not suck as bad, but he never used to carry this team to wins.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read