Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2013   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ Watt - "They just want results"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...t-explanations

Quote:
"Apologize for the concise statement and the lack of answering questions but that's all I can do. Honestly. I don't have words for y'all. Just work. I'm just going to work. Like I said, fans want results. That's what I'm going to try to give them. Hopefully I answer all your questions with my play on the field. If there's any further questions I'll see y'all Sunday after the game."
I like this attitude A LOT !!!
Old 10-16-2013   #2
Allegra
Rookie

Section: 530 - Row J
Rep Power: 0 Allegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt - "They just want results"

He gets it.
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #3
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Much Respect!
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We need him to be working with Crick, Mitchell, & Brooks. figure out how they can help each other accomplish our goal.
Old 10-16-2013   #5
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you JJ! Finally it's about the fans for once.

Waking up early, buying groceries to bbq at the house, blowing money tailgating, spending money on psl, overpaying for game day tickets, buying 8 dollar beers at the stadium, spending half a Sunday watching the Texans, going through the Carr era.....

We know players bust there ass(regardless win or lose making millions) and are hungry an want to win but "US" fans been hungry for the last 12 yrs here in Houston!!!!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #6
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Me too!
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt for President.
Old 10-17-2013   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good. I'm sick of talking.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #9
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...4-b411986ace14
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #10
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it and I like Watt, I like everything he has said this year.

He has been a good player but realistically compared to last year and our expectations this year he only has 3.5 sacks in 6 games and no turnovers created...
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #11
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I like it and I like Watt, I like everything he has said this year.

He has been a good player but realistically compared to last year and our expectations this year he only has 3.5 sacks in 6 games and no turnovers created...
Lol, the dude is not any "worse" of a player or "regressed." He is just as every bit as good and better. Simply no one else is stepping up on D. No one.

And most importantly, the ninja is having a big down year compared to last year. Smith alone is a HUGE reason Watt is not showing up on the "stats" as much compared to last year. I was wondering in off season just how much longer A Smith could keep it up. I think we have our answer, or he is about to tear it up the rest of the way and just isnt into "form" yet.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #12
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked like a guy sick of losing. I really hope this organization knows he isnt a guy that will take a fat paycheck just to continue to lose. He wants to be the best ever, and he wants to win. Once in a life-time player for this franchise, they better get it together and make sure he wants to stay.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
If only we had 21 more of this guy....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I now have a full on man crush with JJ Watt.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #15
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Lol, the dude is not any "worse" of a player or "regressed." He is just as every bit as good and better. Simply no one else is stepping up on D. No one.
Also, offenses may have figured out an effective way to prepare for him. You can see it in college and the NFL: more D-linemen are adopting his methods of anticipating the QB's pass and trying to swat it down; it's only logical for offense coaches to look for countermeasures. I heard that the Patriots had Tom Brady practice while assistants waved tennis rackets or some such in his face.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #16
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2229 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's the way to handle it JJ.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I read in several business books years ago - and had a few mentors say this to me personally - "Results are all that matter. Results are everything."

It's true.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #18
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I read in several business books years ago - and had a few mentors say this to me personally - "Results are all that matter. Results are everything."

It's true.
Nice! You saved me money, time and the effort to find a mentor. I'll now be able to redirect this time, money and effort to drinking some results oriented beer.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #19
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's true.
It's not.

Repeatable results are what matters.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
It's not.

Repeatable POSITIVE results are what matters.
FIFY.
We've been getting repeatable negative results. Enough of that noise.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read