Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #41
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: October 20th 3:25 PM Texans @ Chiefs Prediction Thread

Texans 77 Chiefs 7
Old 10-17-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
38-6 them boys on Kirby.

Defense's pride is on the line. They bring it, they don't allow a TD, they score 2 defensive TDs. We score three offensive TDs off turnovers, & the fat hobbit drills a 57 yard field goal just to rub it in.
I haven't changed my prediction, it was a little more than a hope than it was a prediction anyway. This defense.... this team has to step it up if we're going to win this game regardless who starts at the QB position.
Old 10-17-2013   #43
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 26739 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Case is QB, we win 10,000 to 0.

How do you see that panning out... I'm thinking 1428 touchdowns and a pair of safeties?
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #44
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
How do you see that panning out... I'm thinking 1428 touchdowns and a pair of safeties?
Keenum will also play CB and take a few ints to the house.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Keenum will also play CB and take a few ints to the house.
That's the spirit!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel a little better about the game a since case is starting.

I'm going to predict a win. I think we come out energized, focused and hungry. I think this will look like a new team.

I could see a loss, but I feel more strongly that it'll be a win now. Either way, I expect the team as a whole to play better than they have at any point this season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #47
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

If MS or TJ started I was taking KC as my fantasy defense, no question.

I at least have HOPE now.

Same prediction as always. If we win turnover battle by 2 or more and give up no big plays on special teams and we have less penalty yards than KC we have a good chance.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict Jj Watt scores on a pick 6
Old 10-18-2013   #49
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just visited chiefsplanet.com to see how they're taking the news of Case Keenum starting and whether they've been shaken by it, but for some reason they're predicting anywhere from 5 to 10 sacks and 3 to 5 interceptions for the Chiefs.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #50
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

So conflicted right now..I want case to play well..but I also have the chiefs as my fantasy defense. ..hmm...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #51
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

KC wins 25-13
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #52
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
So conflicted right now..I want case to play well..but I also have the chiefs as my fantasy defense. ..hmm...
C'mon man! Do you need to have your fan card revoked? Fantasy always comes second, unless your paying your bills with your winnings and then you have bigger problems.
Old 10-18-2013   #53
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andy Reid has never lost to the Texans and on what should be a nice day for football , he won't now . Having said that , the significance for Case is huge . He could save Kubiak's job or show the Texans they need to spend a #1 for a QB for the next coach .

Chiefs 24 Texans 15
Old 10-18-2013   #54
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I just visited chiefsplanet.com to see how they're taking the news of Case Keenum starting and whether they've been shaken by it, but for some reason they're predicting anywhere from 5 to 10 sacks and 3 to 5 interceptions for the Chiefs.
You do realize it's only Texans fans that have high expectations and hopes of Case Keenum. Everyone else in the league sees us as being desperate and starting a 3rd string undrafted QB that has never played a down in the regular season. I'd be optimistic if I was a KC fan as well.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #55
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

With due respect to the way Kansas City has been playing lately, with respect and admiration for Andy Reid, and for the the great QB play by Smith (and the fact that he is performing better than Beasty Boy of San Fran):

I see Kansas City taking this one:

Chiefs - 42
Texans - 27

I do however, see Case Keenum making a "case" for himself as our new starter!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #56
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
You do realize it's only Texans fans that have high expectations and hopes of Case Keenum. Everyone else in the league sees us as being desperate and starting a 3rd string undrafted QB that has never played a down in the regular season. I'd be optimistic if I was a KC fan as well.
I was trying to be sarcastic. Perhaps unsuccessfully.
Old 10-18-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Those poor guys. I took a looksee over there too. They think they're the 2000 Ravens, '85 Bears... & they think we're as bad as our record.

I think Jj Watt & Brian Cushing has had enough & they're going to take it out on KC.

& they're not going to have many opportunities to sack Case. We're going to run on them all day & we'll see the return of the naked boot.
Old 10-18-2013   #58
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Those poor guys. I took a looksee over there too. They think they're the 2000 Ravens, '85 Bears... & they think we're as bad as our record.

I think Jj Watt & Brian Cushing has had enough & they're going to take it out on KC.

& they're not going to have many opportunities to sack Case. We're going to run on them all day & we'll see the return of the naked boot.
I went back and watched parts of their games vs TEN and OAK. I don't see how their offense can win this game for them. Their D will have to either score points or provide them with very short field positions. Which is not impossible. Same can be said about the Texans, so we might be looking at a 9-6 game here in favor of either team.
Old 10-18-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
28-10 Texans

KC hasnt really played anybody and i think Keenum is the real deal. Everything is being set up perfectly for Keenum to make this his team. The stars are aligning at just the right time.
I feel like Qui-Gon Jinn..... I could have sworn the stars were lining up in 2006.
Old 10-18-2013   #60
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
28-10 Texans

KC hasnt really played anybody and i think Keenum is the real deal. Everything is being set up perfectly for Keenum to make this his team. The stars are aligning at just the right time.

Take some shots down the field and dont handcuff Keenum and i think we shock the chiefs and we become the talk of the sports world on monday.
Yeah I agree with the sentiment that the Chiefs have yet to really face a playoff team. They will hit a buzz saw the rest of the way. That and the KC offense is pretty terrible.

That said, the only team we can beat the way we are playing is maybe Jax. If our team comes to play we have a legit shot at winning this. Just not sure which team will show up.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read