Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2013   #321
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

TJ Yates at UNC

2007 North Carolina 365 218 59.7% 2,655 14 18
2008 North Carolina 135 81 60.0% 1,168 11 4
2009 North Carolina 355 214 60.3% 2,136 14 15
2010 North Carolina 422 282 66.8% 3,418 19 9

College Totals 1,277 795 62.3% 9,377 58 46

These are sub-standards numbers in the NFL... but in college? oh boy

His #s definitely translated to NFL..

3-3 TD-INT as full time starter in his rookie year.

So, Case #s...... oh snap!
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #322
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Kubiak has such a man crush on Schaubiak 2.0 that Keenum will have to have a 24/27 384 yard and 4 TD performance for Schaub not to start after the bye week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Schaub may not be back by then .... and after what Schaub has done this season , Keenum beating the undefeated Chiefs in Arrowhead .... He aint going back.

Well I dont know if case will need to be 88% 4 tds to keep the job but I dont think a win will be enough. 10-6 wont keep the spot for him
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #323
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well I dont know if case will need to be 88% 4 tds to keep the job but I dont think a win will be enough. 10-6 wont keep the spot for him
we went 2-4 under Schaub and ur saying if we finish 10-6 that wont be enough for him to keep the job ? So an 8-2 record wouldnt be enough for him to have earned a full season or at the very least to be named the starter the following season ? WOW
Old 10-18-2013   #324
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were running the show, the first offensive play would be a PA bomb deep. Make a statement.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #325
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If I were running the show, the first offensive play would be a PA bomb deep. Make a statement.
I was actually thinking the same thing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #326
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we went 2-4 under Schaub and ur saying if we finish 10-6 that wont be enough for him to keep the job ? So an 8-2 record wouldnt be enough for him to have earned a full season or at the very least to be named the starter the following season ? WOW
Not agreeing with him about anything but...think he meant if the Texans beat the Chiefs 10 to 6 it won't be enough for Case to be the starter.
Old 10-18-2013   #327
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no connection to UH but I am as stoked about Case Keenum starting as the biggest Coog fan out there. I just have this feeling Case is going to have a good game and that we are going to win this Sunday. I can't wait until the game gets here. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a Texans game. Probably the Chicago game last year was the last time that it got close to this level.

This is what football is supposed to be about: excitement, passion, and hope. Naming Keenum the starter has energized me and has created a buzz around the entire city. If I feel this pumped and ready for a game what must the Texans players be feeling. I think they give an inspired effort with the defense looking rejuvenated. LeStar Jean and Case had a nice thing going in the preseason. LeStar will hopefully have a long TD like he had in the preseason.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #328
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Depends on what happens in the game. Throwing a low score doesn't tell the story. If Case runs the offense well and the offense stalls due to dropped passes, penalties, fumbles or anything else out of his control but the team wins - how could you NOT start Case again? It just proves that he can and did do a better job than Schaub over the last X games. If he stinks it up and the team wins with a special teams/defense TD then yeah maybe Schaub is back ASAP.
Old 10-18-2013   #329
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
10-6 win against KC
Old 10-18-2013   #330
Victor B
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Victor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respectedVictor B is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. Come out and try to punch them in the face from play #1.
Victor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #331
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To be honest , I think Schaub is finished here .... unless Keenum stinks the joint up , I think he's the QB for the rest of the season.

If he stinks the joint up .... all bets are off as to who's under center in Reliant Vs. the Dolts. (Damn those bastards are lucky , go from arguably the best to ever play the game to a prodigy in Luck - sure must be nice to be a Dolts fan these days).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #332
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
To the surprise of literally no one, anywhere, ever, you missed the point.

Texans Talk has an infestation of jock swinging nut huggers who ride the sack of every fresh face that comes along, even before they've done a single thing to deserve it. It's not just Yates, or Keenum. This forum picks a guy they don't like (usually for things that are stupid beyond comprehension) and everyone behind him on the depth chart gets long lasting oral pleasure until it's beyond obvious that he's never going to amount to anything.

From Antwan Peek to Case Keenum, it's a broken record that just keeps going and somehow nobody ever seems to pick up on it.

Schaub is one of those guys that Texans Talk just decided to hate, and it's not a recent development. The same people buying up every Case Keenum blow up doll in Texas were calling for Rosencopter to start over Schaub until he imploded against Indi. The minute Yates threw a TD he was the anointed one, and the forums were spammed with threads about trading Schaub and even if we kept him would Yates be the starter. This in a year where Schaub was shredding defenses for nearly 9 yards per pass, and Yates looked maybe OK at best. Yates didn't win the job last year the way they dreamed of, so screw that guy. Now we have Keenum and he's been anointed Jesus Christ Football before he ever takes a single NFL snap.

My post is mocking that behavior.
Your condescension reeks throughout your post. Texans management has always seemed a step slow and not proactive at all. That accounts for a lot of what you described. That's management's fault and not the fans. Having just 2 playoff appearances out of the last 11 years shows that the Texans don't have a winning formula just yet.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #333
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Depends on what happens in the game. Throwing a low score doesn't tell the story. If Case runs the offense well and the offense stalls due to dropped passes, penalties, fumbles or anything else out of his control but the team wins - how could you NOT start Case again? It just proves that he can and did do a better job than Schaub over the last X games. If he stinks it up and the team wins with a special teams/defense TD then yeah maybe Schaub is back ASAP.

If Gary's starter is healthy I think he goes back to him unless Case performs outstanding. Not a game manager who just doesnt throw ints. I think he will go back to his horse if it can walk
Old 10-18-2013   #334
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Your condescension reeks throughout your post. Texans management has always seemed a step slow and not proactive at all. That accounts for a lot of what you described. That's management's fault and not the fans. Having just 2 playoff appearances out of the last 11 years shows that the Texans don't have a winning formula just yet.

How many teams have 2 playoff wins in 11 years?

edit I found a source 16 teams have had more playoff wins since 02

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...s_regular_and/
Old 10-18-2013   #335
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what happens. I'm not bringing Schaub back. He was not ok this season. He was bad. If I'm the texans the only other qb I even consider is Yates. As far as I'm concerned Schaub should never take a snap here again. I'm convinced Schaub is not the guy. I would give keenum the rest of the season to prove himself. If we lose, whatever...not like Schaub was winning a bunch of games. If case can't get it done, I'm drafting another qb next year anyways.

I'm not bringing Schaub back regardless.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #336
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Pretty much, so lets say Case Keenum lights up the Cheifs at Arrowhead, what happens then? Shall he be the starting QB still once Matt is healthy again?
I know you weren't asking me, but my answer would be yes, provided Keenum lights up the Chiefs as you say.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #337
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing.

Yeah , I'd like them to go deep early too .... not to make any kind of statement but more to take the lid off the defense .... DB's all season have been gambling , jumping routes because of the risk vs. reward.

The risk of them jumping those ~10 yard routes if the gamble and lose .... a 10 or 15 yard gain.

The reward of jumping those routes .... a possession for your offense.

If there was a risk of that route jumping turning into a 50 yard gain or a score ... that changes the complexion of taking that risk .... With Schaub under center , the risk is very low that he's going to beat you over the top. With Keenum , I think its very possible this trend is reversed .... and probably one of the things I'm most excited about the possibility of seeing.

I think this may also have something to do with how ineffective the running game has been at different times .... teams can afford to gamble in coverage to support the run without much risk .... not to mention the amount of times Schaub has been blitzed - highest percentage in the league.

All of these things become less attractive options when the risk is amped up.

The entire perception of this offense is likely to change with Keenum under center - much more mobile and a little better arm. If he can play mistake free the dynamics of this offense change.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #338
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why are folks second guessing Kubiak's playcalling?

At the end of the day, players have to execute. Every play is designed to succeed, but players have to make it happen.

Kubiak's playcalling was good enough in 2011 and 2012 to make the playoffs and win games.

Heck, Shanahan has said many times that Kubiak was calling ALL offensive plays when Elway won those back-to-back Super Bowls.

Honestly, harping on Kukiak's playcalling right now sounds like a set up for a built in excuse if Keenum does not play up to expectations.

Keenum will ultimately decide Keenum's fate, not Kubiak's playcalling. While not the most exciting, those plays can certainly win some games if executed properly.

Just sayin' GO CASE!!!
Poor Kubiak. So many folks flamed him for his "predictable" playcalling. I don't think his playcalling is as predictable as one might think. It's his starting QB that is predictable.

In every NFL game sometimes the opposing defense will be in perfect coverage against a certain plays. But that don't happen most of the time and there will usually be at least one receiver that will get open just long enough for a well timed pass. At the start of the snap whether it's good playcalling or not it's ultimately the QB job to recognize it and find that receiver or throw it away if no one are open. When Brady or Manning does this, it's just another pro bowl play. When Schaub throws an interception from this, Kubes gets drilled for being "predictable".

Now, if Keenum goes out and light it up with the same plays, do Kubiak still gets tagged for his predictable playcalling? He did afterall announced Keenum his starting QB for this week which not many thought would happen. How's that for being predictable.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #339
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
We could have intelligent conversations about the facts of the game without 30 window lickers screaming hackneyed garbage like "stats is fer duh loosers!" Yes, they almost universally spell it "loosers!"
louzer??

Quote:
*edit - I just remembered one of the clearest indicators of this kind of crap.

Dunta Robinson's last season with the Texans, this forum was overrun by people who insisted he was the worst corner in the NFL and was constantly thrown at and picked on. I broke down all of the available corner coverage stats and proved with facts that not only was he not being picked on, he was one of the 5 least thrown at corners in the entire league. You know what the response to cold hard facts was? "Stats are for loosers!"
I never thought Dunta was picked on. I thought the league believed the hype & didn't throw on him, another big reason for that was that our other corners were worse than he was. His last year here though, I think Glover was clearly the better CB. McCain was also very good in my opinion even though he was tested more often.

But I never thought Dunta was a good cover corner. I thought he was "good enough" & prevented us from going after a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round corner. It worked out really well for us that Kj struggled his rookie season, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Jjo, or Brandon Harris (who I'm still holding out hope for).
Old 10-18-2013   #340
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If Gary's starter is healthy I think he goes back to him unless Case performs outstanding. Not a game manager who just doesnt throw ints. I think he will go back to his horse if it can walk
I don't think it's about Case at all, as long as he doesn't give the game away. If the rest of the team responds to the "spark" Case is the starter the rest of the year, at least I hope that Case is the spark to get these guys playing like they should (actually I think cheering Schaub's injury was that spark, but since Schaub isn't playing).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read