Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2013   #81
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 48491 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
No, i was talking about the callers who were calling in...
Oh....well yeah man, I mean that's talk radio callers for you. You gotta ignore them for the most part when listening (not breaking news I know....just saying)

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #82
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Oh....well yeah man, I mean that's talk radio callers for you. You gotta ignore them for the most part when listening (not breaking news I know....just saying)
Lol....yeah i alternate between 610 & 790..largely b/c of the callers...i just cringe & can't believe some of the stuff they say sometimes.

someone with a stupid take (or Zeirlein & Clanton go on their dumb ass tangents) comes on 790 i switch to 610...someone with a stupid take comes on 610 i go back to 790...

If both have callers on with stupid takes i go to mike & mike on 97.5.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #83
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

RG III
LUCK
WILSON
TANAHILL
KAPERNICK

all came out the gate winning right I expect the same think for Keenum if not this game then deff the next game at home
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #84
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
RG III
LUCK
WILSON
TANAHILL
KAPERNICK

all came out the gate winning right I expect the same think for Keenum if not this game then deff the next game at home
All of those guys also have better HC's than we do too...well, maybe not so much Tanehill..jury is still out on their coach.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #85
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
RG III
LUCK
WILSON
TANAHILL
KAPERNICK

well if you expect the same from Case as the above you might have set the bar very high for him
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #86
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98826 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All of those guys also have better HC's than we do too...well, maybe not so much Tanehill..jury is still out on their coach.
I dunno, I don't think Philbin's just a schmuck. The Dolphins just need some cohesiveness and for Brady to retire and they'll be on top of the AFC East, with some competition for the Jets if Geno continues improving.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #87
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
These have typed what I have been posting/thinking.

That said, I am not going stop wishing the best for "hope and change" keenum if he has a bad game against the hottest pass rush in the league. One good or bad game does not make a career. Remember Matt Flynn once dropped 6TDs in a real NFL game, and could not keep a QB job after two teams gave him real $$$$.
Flynn and Kevin Kolb who's buried on the bottom of the depth chart in Buffalo. Dating back to Klingler, Ware and these four guys don't necessarily give one the warm-n-fuzzies about record setting QBs outta UH. I'm hoping that Keenum will shatter that mold.

I'm pulling for the kid to do very well. Just sucks that the arena at which he makes his debut is one of the toughest places in the NFL to make his first start.

If he can do it there he can do it anywhere.

Here's dreaming...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #88
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 1022 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

people need to wait and at least let him suck before passing judgement. NFL history is littered with QBs who werent heralded coming out of college never got drafted barely got drafted, and still went on to become successful nfl QB.

Keenum is that guy. He has that it factor. He has two intangibles right off the bat that Schaub doesnt have:

1. A great qb name.

2. He's a good looking guy.

Just look at all the great QBs and superbowl champions, they all have great names and are fairly good looking. Something Matt Schaub is not. Guys follow a guy who is good looking, has the girl, and has a great name. They are not following anybody who doesnt look good and doesnt have a great name.

Just think about all the hotshot highschool/college QBs, they all have this trait. You cant say schaub has. Just think of all the great qbs in history, they share this two very important traits.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #89
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
people need to wait and at least let him suck before passing judgement. NFL history is littered with QBs who werent heralded coming out of college never got drafted barely got drafted, and still went on to become successful nfl QB.

Keenum is that guy. He has that it factor. He has two intangibles right off the bat that Schaub doesnt have:

1. A great qb name.

Just look at all the great QBs and superbowl champions, they all have great names and are fairly good looking. Something Matt Schaub is not. Guys follow a guy who is good looking, has the girl, and has a great name. They are not following anybody who doesnt look good and doesnt have a great name.

Just think about all the hotshot highschool/college QBs, they all have this trait. You cant say schaub has. Just think of all the great qbs in history, they share this two very important traits.

Old 10-18-2013   #90
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65137 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. A great qb name.

Ok Case we already like u , lord way to toot your own horn homie. None the less i have faith in you, good luck Sunday !!!
Old 10-18-2013   #91
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. A great qb name.

So what constitutes a great qb name? Obviously David Carr isn't a good name, because the ladies sure liked his looks. Does this mean Andrew Luck and RGIII are going to amount to nothing?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #92
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 1022 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok Case we already like u , lord way to toot your own horn homie. None the less i have faith in you, good luck Sunday !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
So what constitutes a great qb name? Obviously David Carr isn't a good name, because the ladies sure liked his looks. Does this mean Andrew Luck and RGIII are going to amount to nothing?
Just think about. Those of you who lived the friday night lights life, tell me, was your starting quarterback in high school, heck middle school, college, good looking and had a great name?

Of course they did. Successful quarterbacks have to be good looking, have to have a great name, and that allows them to get the girl thus other guys look up to you.

Tell me if im wrong.

Of course this is not 100% accurate.

Its 85% accurate.

Would Joe Montana be a great qb if his name was Joey instead of Joe?

I dont think so. Its the reason why Joey Harrington amounted to nothing. That last letter screwed him. As for David Carr, yea he was good looking, had a great name but outside forces had other ideas. RG3 is a great name, so is andrew luck. Russell Wilson. They all have the traits. RG3 maybe not, but his athleticism and name will pick up the slack his face couldnt.

Dom Capers, a bad offensive line overwhelmed David Carr's good looks and name. That's why he never made it.

Look throughout history and tell me if im wrong.
Old 10-18-2013   #93
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Exactly. We'd still be wanting him to start just to check him out, but there wouldn't be this much buzz. At work yesterday it was pretty much all the "water cooler" talk with the UH alumni going nuts.

And I'm guilty of it as well. Not that I have a problem with it. It's the first genuinely positive thing to happen around these parts in a while.
Hammer hits nail on head. Desperate times and the such....

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #94
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The other thing about the Foster example is that most thought he was a 2nd-3rd round talent coming out...Him going undrafted was largely b/c he interviewed bad at the combine or somewhere...

i believe he also has said in the past that he had many offers to go sign with other teams...he chose to come to Houston b/c he felt like he had the best shot to become a starter here.....& the zone blocking system fit him better.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Who's the " MOST"?
What does it have to do with Foster going undrafted?
What is your point? Sorry, but I fail to see it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
the foster example is way over used here and foster himself I believe made mention before that he wasnt putting in the work that he should have been in practice and once he realized the opportunity that was possible he got his sh!t together

Further UDFA RB moving to NFL leader is rare so lets not use it as though its common. Same goes with UDFA QB making it to a starting roll and then keeping it
We all know that it's rare, doesn't mean it never happens.

The fact remains that there have been players, QB included, that made a career out of the NFL as starters.

When people bring up the point that Keenum can't be a starter because he went undrafted, they have no basis.

Sure, they can say that it's uncommon.
I would agree with that.
But when they say that it's impossible, they are totally wrong.
Because the fact does not agree.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #96
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We all know that it's rare, doesn't mean it never happens.

The fact remains that there have been players, QB included, that made a career out of the NFL as starters.

When people bring up the point that Keenum can't be a starter because he went undrafted, they have no basis.

Sure, they can say that it's uncommon.
I would agree with that.
But when they say that it's impossible, they are totally wrong.
Because the fact does not agree.
It's not impossible but very unlikely
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #97
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

With the nuclear reactor meltdown on this board over VY, I think it's hilarious people are complaining about Keenum hype.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #98
Lord Bills
Destruction

what is it with houston sports teams not wanting to give hometown kids chances? Rashard Lewis, Carl Crawford, Vince Young, yet they give Kubiak all the leeway in the world.
Old 10-18-2013   #99
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
what is it with houston sports teams not wanting to give hometown kids chances? Rashard Lewis, Carl Crawford, Vince Young, yet they give Kubiak all the leeway in the world.
You do know we're the only ones giving Case a chance right?
Old 10-18-2013   #100
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You do know we're the only ones giving Case a chance right?
well its about time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read