Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #21
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I like Keenum but there are a few posters on this board that make him out to be greatly overlooked talent when I doubt that is what is happening. He will have to be fairly spectacular (whether that's fair or not) if he's going to start over an uninjured Schaub.
I disagree. He needs to play well enough to win. If we start winning again, Keenum is not going back to the bench.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #22
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Nailed it.

We're all rooting for him. Nobody wants to see him fail. But his little fan club here walks around with ridiculous unfounded hype and a huge chip on its shoulder.
Isn't it ABOUT TIME we have a texans player with a "chip on his shoulder"????
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #23
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Isn't it ABOUT TIME we have a texans player with a "chip on his shoulder"????
We're not talking about players. We're talking about his fan club on this board that posts links to Brady videos and draws Brees comparisons and then gets upset when the rest of us don't see it.

Every real Texans fan wants Keenum to go out Sunday afternoon and totally kill it. The difference is the degrees of sunshine some of us have been pumping up our asses about whether he will or not.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #24
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Keenum has enough talent to be a good QB in this league. The trouble for guys that come in as perennial backups is that they don't get enough play time to ever fully evaluate their talent level . Not that they all should get playing time.

Right now, Keenum gives us the best shot to win Sunday, that's the reason he should be out there. We will have to see how he plays before we anoint the second coming though.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been drinking the Keenum Kool-Aid for a while now, but until we see him in real action against a real NFL defense, not a single one of us knows how he will be. This could be a total disaster or the start of a new Texan era or anything in between.

All I'm saying is I HOPE Keenum is the savior and I'm glad as hell he's finally getting a shot. As a lot of folks say, the sooner we find out the sooner we'll know our QB situation and can begin to prepare for it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Right now, Keenum gives us the best shot to win Sunday, that's the reason he should be out there. We will have to see how he plays before we anoint the second coming though.
I don't know that to be true. This game is so different from the college game & the preseason is closer to the college game than a true NFL game that we have no clue. On top of that, people act different when they're "the man" & right now, Keenum is "the man" for the first time in his NFL career.

Keenum is starting Sunday, because Yates blew his opportunity. This is Case's opportunity to earn a starting job. This is his opportunity to prove that he gives us as good, if not better "shot to win" than Matt Schaub (the guy who would have put Peyton Manning back on the airplane if he ever showed up in Houston).
Old 10-18-2013   #27
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I know after watching MS and miniMS I would be for whoever was the third string QB if he was unknown. Case just happens to be the one in that position.

He did you look promising in PRESEASON.

At least will we learn what we have in QBs so that we can effectively plan for next year. It won't take much to be better than what we have been so far at the QB position. At least we have hope and who knows.......
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #28
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
I disagree. He needs to play well enough to win. If we start winning again, Keenum is not going back to the bench.
A win alone won't keep the starter spot. If case wins 14-10. 10-6 Schaub will come back if healthy. Case would have to dominate to keep the spot
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #29
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
A win alone won't keep the starter spot. If case wins 14-10. 10-6 Schaub will come back if healthy. Case would have to dominate to keep the spot
If he wins he starts unless we win in spite of Case. I just hope he makes it through the game in one piece. Even GK is not that INSANE.

I hope.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
If he wins he starts unless we win in spite of Case. I just hope he makes it through the game in one piece. Even GK is not that INSANE.

I hope.
Kubiak wants to keep his job. If Case proves he can win, he'll stay.

Old 10-18-2013   #31
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Spot on for me too. I never root against young guys.When posters start using college as a reason,that's part of my thing. I hope he plays well,but the elephant in the room is andrew luck. They have luck,we're starting a guy who wasn't drafted. Let that sink in.
?????? Not sure I'm following you.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #32
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

So after reading the thread so far, it seems most are more upset about the supposed "hype" about Case than Case himself.

But I'm still confused because I don't know that the majority of "pro-Keenum" fans think he is the answer. If someone is posting highlights of Brady or something I could see doing that just as a rebuttal to someone making a blanket statement that Keenum sucks because he was undrafted. Both arguments are ridiculous and invalid IMO.

But the point is, majority of "Keenumites" or whatever you want to say just want to A) see a change almost for change's sake and B) want to give the kid a shot because let's face it C) realistically, this season is quickly swirling the bowl.

I guess that is more the angle I'm looking at it from and I assume most other Keenum "fans" are.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
So after reading the thread so far, it seems most are more upset about the supposed "hype" about Case than Case himself.

But I'm still confused because I don't know that the majority of "pro-Keenum" fans think he is the answer. If someone is posting highlights of Brady or something I could see doing that just as a rebuttal to someone making a blanket statement that Keenum sucks because he was undrafted. Both arguments are ridiculous and invalid IMO.

But the point is, majority of "Keenumites" or whatever you want to say just want to A) see a change almost for change's sake and B) want to give the kid a shot because let's face it C) realistically, this season is quickly swirling the bowl.

I guess that is more the angle I'm looking at it from and I assume most other Keenum "fans" are.
Add a large amount of "hope" and "praying to the football gods" and that's pretty much where I'm at. I just want to win. That's all. It would be sweet if home town boy makes good.

Old 10-18-2013   #34
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

My foremost objective for the Texans is for them to win, and whoever gives the Texans the best chance to win, I'm all for him. If it's Keenum great, but since I'm very skeptical that any guy who's never taken a snap in a regular season game in the NFL can be the Texans savior, does that make me part of the
"anti-Keenum crowd" ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #35
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
My foremost objective for the Texans is for them to win, and whoever gives the Texans the best chance to win, I'm all for him. If it's Keenum great, but since I'm very skeptical that any guy who's never taken a snap in a regular season game in the NFL can be the Texans savior, does that make me part of the
"anti-Keenum crowd" ?
I was about to say the same thing. I'm not anti-CK - just realistic about the likely outcome of this scenario.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #36
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
I was about to say the same thing. I'm not anti-CK - just realistic about the likely outcome of this scenario.
Understood.

But, what is the realistic outcome of a scenario in starting Schaub or Yates over and over and over with these results?

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-18-2013   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Understood.

But, what is the realistic outcome of a scenario in starting Schaub or Yates over and over and over with these results?
If Case can't do it, at least we know it. That's means getting a new QB for sure. One way or the other, this needs to be answered.

Old 10-18-2013   #38
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
... Yes?

What the Keenum fan club is missing is that people are not "anti-Keenum". They/we are anti-unfounded hype/ridiculous hyperbole/expectations. I think that most every fan of the Texans wants to see Keenum succeed.
That's pretty much how I view most people around here. Skepticism isn't the same thing. I'm pro-Keenum. I don't know what to expect and that's why I'd rather see him. I know what we have in the others. Maybe Keenum will be great. Maybe he'll be solid. Maybe he'll struggle. I still think he should be the guy for the rest of the season, though. The team needs to know what it has in him. We could win in the playoffs in spite of the other 2, but we can't win because of them. Why not at least see if Keenum can get it done?
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope for the best, but prepare for reality.

At 2-4 this team is desperate. Most fans entered this season taking a playoff spot for granted, that this team would secure the division again, and just needed to focus on winning "big games".

Obviously, that is no longer an expectation for most fans, and the reality is that the season is starting to circle the drain just 6 games into it. And it's not just the record, but the way the team is playing as a whole and how they are losing games as a team.

I keep hearing the word "spark" with Case. From the head coach on down, the burden of trying to breath some life into this team and maybe save a season rests on his young, inexperienced shoulders.

The kid is either going to rise to the occasion or wilt under pressure. Most of us hope for the former, but just be prepared for the latter. NFL history is full of examples of players being put in situations over their heads and sinking. All we can do is hope that we have that 1 in a 100 player that has some kind of destiny to be great. But we won't know until it happens.
Old 10-18-2013   #40
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If Case can't do it, at least we know it. That's means getting a new QB for sure. One way or the other, this needs to be answered.
That's basically exactly my sentiment. I think a lot of "anti-keenum" (I realize now not everyone is necessarily under that label but I don't know what else to call it) people think there is still hope for a SB run or something this year so they want someone they feel can help make that happen.

I hate to be the rain cloud that ruins the day but...........that aint happenin'.........so let's see what Keenum has. I just can't fathom why anyone would be against that with this season. It's not like the Texans are 6-0 and we're clamoring for this.

Dormant bodies bursting!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read