Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #201
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Espn radio just had a dr on and said he thought Schaub would be ready in a week or so. He didn't think there was any structural damage based on Matts activity since Sunday
This is Matt Schaub we're talking about. He has the superhuman ability to regrow and/or heal healthy tissue at 1/4th the speed of a normal man.
Old 10-17-2013   #202
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Our QB won't go down after feeling a DE within 2 foot of him. Case is a freaking warrior.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #203
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
How limited do you think he has been with Schaub under center ?!
I agree with this, think back a few seasons ago with how much we used to boot leg, and how much it opened up the field, we have not seen that the last few years. Might see some more of that this sunday.
Old 10-17-2013   #204
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Very limited

What bothers me is that Gary would rather be limited with Schaub than giving Case a try. It took injury for Case to get his chance.

I'm very interested to see how Case does against a very good K.C. defense. I think we all know what Schaub would've done, so this is addition by subtraction. IMHO
Kubiak has always said that he does what he thinks is best for the team....if he felt he was so limited with Schaub as you and others have said...and he's got a guy on the bench he felt could relieve this burden...I have to believe he makes the move to go to the better option.

I think most here believe that had Schaub been healthy this week, he likely starts this week..

So I doubt he feels he's as limited as you guys claim he is. Some throws he asked Schaub to make certainly don't indicate he feels he's limited with him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #205
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Very limited

What bothers me is that Gary would rather be limited with Schaub than giving Case a try. It took injury for Case to get his chance.

I'm very interested to see how Case does against a very good K.C. defense. I think we all know what Schaub would've done, so this is addition by subtraction. IMHO
Gary gave Schaub a fair shake.. Well, more than fair. But, it's time to move on. If we suck with Keenum, oh well. We can put Schaub back in and continue to suck and draft a QB.

This is a win-win situation, and I am sure the players are happy with Kubiak's decision.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #206
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Kubiak has always said that he does what he thinks is best for the team....if he felt he was so limited with Schaub as you and others have said...and he's got a guy on the bench he felt could relieve this burden...I have to believe he makes the move to go to the better option.

I think most here believe that had Schaub been healthy this week, he likely starts this week..

So I doubt he feels he's as limited as you guys claim he is. Some throws he asked Schaub to make certainly don't vibe with skill set..
I am not convinced that Schaub is not healthy enough to play. This is the polite way to send Schaub to the pine. It's Schaub's limitations (mobility, pocket presence, arm strength, lack of grit, mental toughness, won't go through progressions, etc..) that forced Kubiak's hand.

Kubiak is fighting for his job too. He HAS to shake things up before he loses the locker room.
Old 10-17-2013   #207
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
"I try to play to prove everybody right thatís believed in me, more so than play to prove everybody wrong," Keenum says. #Texans

Keenum said he read Drew Brees's book and took lessons from him as a fellow short quarterback and one who came back from injury. #Texans

Keenum shows more personality in here than Schaub, who goes to great lengths to hide his publicly. #Texans

"I guess I can officially say, this is going to be the best NFL defense Iíve ever faced," Keenum says with a grin. #Texans

"It means a lot to have the guys have my back," Keenum says. #Texans

"Itís our job to go out and play a football game, which is pretty sweet," Case Keenum. #Texans
Love this kids moxy.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #208
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Love this kids moxy.
F YA!!! Let's GO!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013   #209
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

CASE-SANITY
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #210
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Those random splotches of GB vs CLE are odd.
Old 10-17-2013   #211
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Those random splotches of GB vs CLE are odd.
The non-random splotch of gray centered on Nashville is hilarious.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #212
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Well this has made my day. I am now excited to watch the game Sunday instead of dreading it.

Old 10-17-2013   #213
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

ill be damned!!!!! I think Case has serious potential but i dont wanna get my hopes up too high. Its his 1st game & were playing the best D in the league. It should be fun to watch tho. Hope Case shines on these boys!!!
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #214
Coolhand_Luke
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Coolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Anybody sense a conspiracy here? First off, I'm happy Schaub finally sits the hell down. But I think Kubiak is scared to death to start slow a** Schaub against KC defense. He knows Matt will get killed, and I donít even think he's hurting anymore. He should have started Case or TJ last week against the lowly Rams. But no, he wanted Matty to have the easy one to redeem himself and Matty still couldnít get it done. So why not give the fans what they want and take the heat off from his boy and himself this week against KC. I don't think it's fair for Case to play his first game against KC's D but I wish him good luck. Kube, that's a cowardly move, man.
Coolhand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #215
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand_Luke View Post
Does Anybody sense a conspiracy here? First off, I'm happy Schaub finally sits the hell down. But I think Kubiak is scared to death to start slow a** Schaub against KC defense. He knows Matt will get killed, and I donít even think he's hurting anymore. He should have started Case or TJ last week against the lowly Rams. But no, he wanted Matty to have the easy one to redeem himself and Matty still couldnít get it done. So why not give the fans what they want and take the heat off from his boy and himself this week against KC. I don't think it's fair for Case to play his first game against KC's D but I wish him good luck. Kube, that's a cowardly move, man.
Or it could be your assumption is wrong and Matt is not healthy and Gary is starting whom he thinks offers best chance of a win. i do think he should have started Keenum against St Louis.
Old 10-17-2013   #216
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #217
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. I don't see a conspiracy. I see Kubiak sticking with his guy through the early part of the season until the injury and now had to choose between two backups and he chose Case. Pretty straight forward.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #218
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

I like the idea of starting Case this week. I think he could have started last week too. But I like it because he is mobile he can move around he is not going to be a sitting duck. He can throw the ball down field....we have the receivers....we just needed the arm....we got it.
If our offensive line can just give him some time....I think he will do just fine.

I keep hearing this from players....he has a aura.....a spark....he is enthusiastic.....I want to see those things from a qb....not reserved....not quiet.....you need a qb that has that special something.....its intangible.....someone the other players want to play for....I dont think Schaub has that.....I think he has lost confidence myself.

Sure it is a tough enviornment to go into. Its Kansas City....but why not.....lets see what he can do. Give the guy a chance.....
I think he can suceed my self.
People who dont want to give him a chance....wait and see what happens you never know.....
There was this rb who was undrafted...a while back....23.....Foster.....look what he did....

People make a big deal about height...go talk to Russel Wilson...hello.....

rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #219
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really especially considering case would not be starting if Schaub was not hurt, i'm just happy he is getting a shot. I know its a rough first one but i think he will shock a few people.
Old 10-17-2013   #220
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

At the end of the day, if he's the real deal, it doesn't matter who he makes his start against...he'll shine...

I'm not any more excited to watch this game than I normally am...I love the game and am always pumped to see my team......win or lose

I'll get real giddy if this move puts us back in real contention for the playoffs...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read