Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #201
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think the players know how fickle the fans are, but I admit cheering an injured person probably took a lot of us by surprise. Also, yeah, it was a horrible thing to do. I just think it was overblown by the media and some here is all.

Winning will cure all ill feelings, continued losing will bring out the worst in most of us. That's pretty universal.
Our own fans cheering one of our players getting hurt pi$$ed me off as bad as you without prune juice for a week!
Old 10-17-2013   #202
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Our own fans cheering one of our players getting hurt pi$$ed me off as bad as you without prune juice for a week!
I sure you meant my grape juice, because I don't drink prune juice.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #203
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I sure you meant my grape juice, because I don't drink prune juice.
Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant!
Old 10-17-2013   #204
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the players know how fickle the fans are, but I admit cheering an injured person probably took a lot of us by surprise. Also, yeah, it was a horrible thing to do. I just think it was overblown by the media and some here is all.

Winning will cure all ill feelings, continued losing will bring out the worst in most of us. That's pretty universal.
I agree completely. While I was a bit disappointed, I was not shocked in this day and age.

The media always blows crap out of proportion. When you read what really happened in Philly with Santa Claus, it is pretty much the same thing. The team was losing bad, a promised halftime show was cancelled, and some dude decided to dress in a bad Santa costume and go on the field. All it took was a few drunk dudes to make the entire city live with that for decades.

I just hate hearing our players say stuff in interviews that they are still chatting about it in the locker room and having doubts about our fanbase. Vandamere was talking about it last night and said it really bummed some of our players out. And that's a shame.

Just like in real life, the actions of a small group of morons ruin it for everyone else.
Old 10-17-2013   #205
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I just hate hearing our players say stuff in interviews that they are still chatting about it in the locker room and having doubts about our fanbase. Vandamere was talking about it last night and said it really bummed some of our players out. And that's a shame.
depressing that those "tough guys" are so thin skinned. Perhaps we are a little too sensitive up there at Reliant park.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #206
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree completely. While I was a bit disappointed, I was not shocked in this day and age.

The media always blows crap out of proportion. When you read what really happened in Philly with Santa Claus, it is pretty much the same thing. The team was losing bad, a promised halftime show was cancelled, and some dude decided to dress in a bad Santa costume and go on the field. All it took was a few drunk dudes to make the entire city live with that for decades.

Just like in real life, the actions of a small group of morons ruin it for everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
depressing that those "tough guys" are so thin skinned. Perhaps we are a little too sensitive up there at Reliant park.
New sponsor .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #207
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you honestly think the tough guys with historic teams would even tolerate their fans cheering an injury to their own player without saying a word about it?

In our PC-infested soundbite culture, players have to bite their tongues now because of marketing and corporate concerns that someone could get offended.

A guy like Mean Joe would have told the fans to go screw themselves for such dishonorable behavior. You know this is true, but he never had to worry about it because true fans don't cheer their own getting hurt.

It's just basic good sportsmanship, man. Not like that quality has any value or place in today's culture.

But you're probably right. Today's players need to let go of the "hometown" perspective and just accept that they are nothing more than mercenaries to the franchises and football fans. Once they no longer have any value to the team, they are as disposable as the overpriced 3D 'souvenir' cups.
Old 10-18-2013   #208
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you honestly think the tough guys with historic teams would even tolerate their fans cheering an injury to their own player without saying a word about it?

In our PC-infested soundbite culture, players have to bite their tongues now because of marketing and corporate concerns that someone could get offended.

A guy like Mean Joe would have told the fans to go screw themselves for such dishonorable behavior. You know this is true, but he never had to worry about it because true fans don't cheer their own getting hurt.

It's just basic good sportsmanship, man. Not like that quality has any value or place in today's culture.

But you're probably right. Today's players need to let go of the "hometown" perspective and just accept that they are nothing more than mercenaries to the franchises and football fans. Once they no longer have any value to the team, they are as disposable as the overpriced 3D 'souvenir' cups.
These guys say awful, awful things about each other on the field. Just shut up and play. These guys are well paid entertainers who say as ugly or uglier things to each other every Sunday.

not directed at you

Old 10-18-2013   #209
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
These guys say awful, awful things about each other on the field. Just shut up and play. These guys are well paid entertainers who say as ugly or uglier things to each other every Sunday.

not directed at you

Im sure you can see the difference between players talking smack and fans cheering injury right?

Further how often do you see opposing players cheer when its clear someone is hurt?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #210
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Im sure you can see the difference between players talking smack and fans cheering injury right?

Further how often do you see opposing players cheer when its clear someone is hurt?
I understand the initial reaction but lets not whine endlessly about something that happens everywhere. The peer pressure has been laid down...let's not dwell on it and give the Nation the wrong impression about the fans. How about that? Let's respect the good fans and stop giving the idiots so much run. The VAST majority of fans are decent folks, but everyone in the Nation keeps getting this broken record that really isn't reflective of the majority of the fan base. Say your peace, then man up and stop whining....which is what they have done for the most part. Most of the banter (right now) comes from the media milking this. That's what I'm thinking in a nutshell.

Old 10-18-2013   #211
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand the initial reaction but lets not whine endlessly about something that happens everywhere. The peer pressure has been laid down...let's not dwell on it and give the Nation the wrong impression about the fans. How about that? Let's respect the good fans and stop giving the idiots so much run. The VAST majority of fans are decent folks, but everyone in the Nation keeps getting this broken record that really isn't reflective of the majority of the fan base. Say your peace, then man up and stop whining....which is what they have done for the most part. Most of the banter (right now) comes from the media milking this. That's what I'm thinking in a nutshell.
This

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #212
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Most of the banter (right now) comes from the media milking this.
yep. Unfortunately, we will hear about this for far longer than we should due to that incessant media whine.

This was our Santa Claus moment.
Old 10-18-2013   #213
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans fans are mad because the Texans take a long long time to react to issues . This causes them to go south of civility when someone gets hurt or continues the bad play . Still you can't condone their actions .

I stopped watching before he was hurt so I didn't see fans cheer or boo when he was hurt . That's my protest , I don't go and I stopped watching , after my last wing of course .

I'm not paying for an album I bought last year . I don't want the new double live with the same songs as last years double live . This was all predictable .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #214
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
i think the more classless move was trying to deflect blame and attention away from the loss to frustrated fanbase that continually sells out reliant yet have only been rewarded two first round playoff victories.

Fans werent really cheering that he got hurt but that a change might be seen with the QB.
Could not agree more.

Many of us are the same fans that gave Luv You Blue the reception after a LOSS.

We saw and knew MS was MS and with him there was no HOPE.

I think the cheers would be louder this week when Case took the field if we were at home. We are just elated that a change is FINALLY being made.

I am still pissed that we gave him a big contract. The whole FO needs to go. We live in Cap Hell because of decisions like this.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read