Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #181
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I'd say its more likely you need to check into the Shriners hospital
Oh ok well I'll take a page out of your book with my response...

I know you are but what am I?

Get over yourself, Shriners Hospital...

Now where is that ignore button, oh here it is...

SHUT YOU DOWN!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #182
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Fans @ Reliant show Their AZZs to the Nation with Reaction to Schaub's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Oh ok well I'll take a page out of your book with my response...

I know you are but what am I?

Get over yourself, Shriners Hospital...

Now where is that ignore button, oh here it is...

SHUT YOU DOWN!

and you were the one who brought up midol?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #183
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

bOODRO87

Old 10-17-2013   #184
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You two should find another team
So BoB should't feel the heat when his team goes in the crapper, due to his lack of hiring accumen on the football side of the operation. You seem to be OK with what's been going on over on Kirby for the last 11 yrs. I'm not, so we will have to agree to disagree. You're right it's BoB's team and he's going to run it to make it as profitable as possible. I'm sure he appreciates fans like you more than me. But make no mistake more than anything he appreciates both of our $$$$.

I will be cheering for the HOUSTON TEXANS as long as they exist so just keep your opinions to yourself. I will be cheering for the team long after Rick/Gary/hopefully BoB are gone. (Lord willing)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #185
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Have you ever heard someone say something like "I'm not a racist, but...."

And it is usually followed by something racist (or whatever it is the disclaimer was disclaiming).

I'm feeling that in this thread.

"I don't think you should cheer an injured player, but..."

Just say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't put some weak-ass disclaimer before your statement, like that somehow justifies the spewage that follows.

Not directed at anyone in particular. If the shoe fits, though...
I'm not one to pass judgement, but there are a lot of freakin morons on this board lately.
Old 10-17-2013   #186
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It doesn't matter how long it's been, in this day and age of the NFL, anything over 5 years is too freaking long.
Uhmm...this is kind of contradictory. Just sayin'.
Old 10-17-2013   #187
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is pathetic I agree

I couldnt care less what happend or happens in KC

Cheering injury does not show that you care

So instead make some noise when one of your players goes down? Classy my friends real classy

Have you become the new Morality police?

This is what happens when management promises a SB contender and the team stinks. The HC/QB take the brunt of the fans angst. You may not like it, but that's the way fandom has been since the begining of football. BTW, I didn't/dont cheer Schaub getting hurt.
Old 10-17-2013   #188
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
bOODRO87
Haha. Well done, sir. I will rebuttal you with this.

bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #189
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So BoB should't feel the heat when his team goes in the crapper, due to his lack of hiring accumen on the football side of the operation. You seem to be OK with what's been going on over on Kirby for the last 11 yrs. I'm not, so we will have to agree to disagree. You're right it's BoB's team and he's going to run it to make it as profitable as possible. I'm sure he appreciates fans like you more than me. But make no mistake more than anything he appreciates both of our $$$$.

I will be cheering for the HOUSTON TEXANS as long as they exist so just keep your opinions to yourself. I will be cheering for the team long after Rick/Gary/hopefully BoB are gone. (Lord willing)

Football isnt my life so maybe some of you take this personal and I dont. I would love nothing more than for the Texans to be great but if their year turns to **** I am a little dissapointed and move on. You are free to express your opinion just as I am
Old 10-17-2013   #190
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Have you become the new Morality police?

This is what happens when management promises a SB contender and the team stinks. The HC/QB take the brunt of the fans angst. You may not like it, but that's the way fandom has been since the begining of football. BTW, I didn't/dont cheer Schaub getting hurt.

Morality police? No. Expressing that I think certain behavior is disgusting? Sure

When you accept a promise that is not realistic and not really controllable well then you were duped from the start
Old 10-17-2013   #191
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Uhmm...this is kind of contradictory. Just sayin'.
Yeah that probably should have been thought out more. Was in a hurry. What I meant to say is that in this day and age of the NFL, it should not take more than 3-5 years to build a legit Super Bowl contender, not 10-15 years like some teams have had to do. there have been plenty of teams that have been turned around in 1-2 years when the organization got the right coach and the right players.

It has been 8+ years now with the same coach and the FO have now gotten their good players and yet nothing has been accomplished like the other teams and it sucks to watch those teams do it year in and year out and for fans of the Texans looking at the draft in November...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #192
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah that probably should have been thought out more. Was in a hurry. What I meant to say is that in this day and age of the NFL, it should not take more than 3-5 years to build a legit Super Bowl contender, not 10-15 years like some teams have had to do. there have been plenty of teams that have been turned around in 1-2 years when the organization got the right coach and the right players.

It has been 8+ years now with the same coach and the FO have now gotten their good players and yet nothing has been accomplished like the other teams and it sucks to watch those teams do it year in and year out and for fans of the Texans looking at the draft in November...

What is a "super bowl contender" in your opinon?
Old 10-17-2013   #193
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #194
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Football isnt my life so maybe some of you take this personal and I dont. I would love nothing more than for the Texans to be great but if their year turns to **** I am a little dissapointed and move on. You are free to express your opinion just as I am
Nor is football my life.

I just expect the football I root for to quit trying to blow the we are SB contenders up my a**.

I'm already moving on to next yr and looking at the draft. You should check out the draft section. Because if Keenum doesn't come in and pull off a Brady this season is done. If that makes me a bad fan who YOU think needs to root for another team, then so be it.

I will continue to do what I've always done. Cheer for the Texans when I feel it's appopriate and call out management when I deem it necessary.
Old 10-17-2013   #195
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe so many people are butthurt over this.

Are some Texan fans *******s? Yes.

Are some fans of any NFL team *******s? Yes

In general, a certain percentage of the human race are *******s no matter the topic of conversation. Get over it. There are more important things to be concerned with than some dumb ass fans.

edit: FYI, the asterisks are for a$$holes

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #196
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Are some Texan fans *******s? Yes.

Are some fans of any NFL team *******s? Yes

In general, a certain percentage of the human race are *******s no matter the topic of conversation. Get over it. There are more important things to be concerned with than some dumb ass fans.

edit: FYI, the asterisks are for a$$holes
Rep'd if I could.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #197
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well there's your expectations, then there's reality. Go down the list of teams in the NFL. Majority of them haven't been considered a legit superbowl contender in the past 5 years.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #198
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Haha. Well done, sir. I will rebuttal you with this.
Old 10-17-2013   #199
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean, like our players?

Quote:
It's one thread, man.

There's not really anything to "get over" (for me, at least). It's really just calling out dumbasses for being dumbasses. No different that any other thread in that regard, TBH.
Old 10-17-2013   #200
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You mean, like our players?

It's one thread, man.

There's not really anything to "get over" (for me, at least). It's really just calling out dumbasses for being dumbasses. No different that any other thread in that regard, TBH.
I think the players know how fickle the fans are, but I admit cheering an injured person probably took a lot of us by surprise. Also, yeah, it was a horrible thing to do. I just think it was overblown by the media and some here is all.

Winning will cure all ill feelings, continued losing will bring out the worst in most of us. That's pretty universal.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read