Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #121
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I've always wanted Keenum to save us, home town hero an all that kind of stuff. I just hope this isn't to soon to throw him to some of the badest wolves in the league.
I believe he will be fine.

I really do have this vision of the Majkowski goes down, Favre comes in scenario.

We will see.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #122
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
This time last year the Texans were 5-1 and a lot of people thought they were the best team in the NFL until they were exposed as frauds. There is potential for the same thing to happen to KC.
The Chiefs were 2-14 last year.

They have rebounded tremendously since then.

Are they Super Bowl contenders? We will see.

They are definitely playing better than us so far this season.
Old 10-17-2013   #123
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
thre is already a thread for that
I am getting really tired of your posting style.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #124
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
This time last year the Texans were 5-1 and a lot of people thought they were the best team in the NFL until they were exposed as frauds. There is potential for the same thing to happen to KC.
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the Texans exposed by a losing GB team, that just got humiliated the week before by the Colts? GB was 3-4 when they came into Houston and stomped a mud hole into them.

Maybe it's the Texans turn...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #125
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Ignore button works wonders for trolls like 2012Champs

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #126
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why are folks second guessing Kubiak's playcalling?

At the end of the day, players have to execute. Every play is designed to succeed, but players have to make it happen.

Kubiak's playcalling was good enough in 2011 and 2012 to make the playoffs and win games.

Heck, Shanahan has said many times that Kubiak was calling ALL offensive plays when Elway won those back-to-back Super Bowls.

Honestly, harping on Kukiak's playcalling right now sounds like a set up for a built in excuse if Keenum does not play up to expectations.

Keenum will ultimately decide Keenum's fate, not Kubiak's playcalling. While not the most exciting, those plays can certainly win some games if executed properly.

Just sayin' GO CASE!!!
Becuase it's the same plays that he ran in 2011 & 2012...third time around the sun the other teams finally catch on.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #127
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post

you dont have to view my posting style
2012Champs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #128
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's hope he plays well, because we need him to in order to salvage this season. I agree with Rey that this is good news because it shows that Kubiak is willing to make changes and shake things up. I thought Yates deserved a full game of action, but Keenum hasn't done anything to not deserve one also. Hopefully we don't play QB musical chairs after this either, eveen if he doesn't play well against the Chiefs. Let Keenum get a few games in before we make any more decisions. If this doesn't work, we definitely need to draft a QB in the first next year.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #129
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So should they win Sunday against the Chiefs .... It'll be in spite of Kubiak & co ?!
I think that if our coaches stop being so predictable we can beat anyone.

I feel that the NFL has figured Wade and Gary out. They know how to scheme against us and our coaches aren't responding.

I want some off the wall play calling so that our guys aren't fighting an uphill battle because of non adjustments.

So, no, not in spite of Kubiak and Co, I think with some imagination our coaches can turn this around.
Old 10-17-2013   #130
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it Arpil 1st or something, I'm floored.

I wasn't for or against Case, just thought TJ was probably a slight upgrade over Schaub, but I have ben curious to see what CK could do.

I have to work sunday but can watch the game on my iPhone. I was planning on checking occasionally, now I will have to break away and actually watch the game.

I'm excited, even if we lose theres something exciting, something to keep up some enthusiasm....
Old 10-17-2013   #131
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why are folks second guessing Kubiak's playcalling?

At the end of the day, players have to execute. Every play is designed to succeed, but players have to make it happen.

Kubiak's playcalling was good enough in 2011 and 2012 to make the playoffs and win games.

Heck, Shanahan has said many times that Kubiak was calling ALL offensive plays when Elway won those back-to-back Super Bowls.

Honestly, harping on Kukiak's playcalling right now sounds like a set up for a built in excuse if Keenum does not play up to expectations.

Keenum will ultimately decide Keenum's fate, not Kubiak's playcalling. While not the most exciting, those plays can certainly win some games if executed properly.

Just sayin' GO CASE!!!
100% agree with this.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #132
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Let's hope he plays well, because we need him to in order to salvage this season. I agree with Rey that this is good news because it shows that Kubiak is willing to make changes and shake things up. I thought Yates deserved a full game of action, but Keenum hasn't done anything to not deserve one also. Hopefully we don't play QB musical chairs after this either, eveen if he doesn't play well against the Chiefs. Let Keenum get a few games in before we make any more decisions. If this doesn't work, we definitely need to draft a QB in the first next year.
No, he's not. That's become abundantly clear over the past few years.

The only reason he's making changes now is because his back is up against the wall and it gives him some time to fend off the 'firing' talk.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #133
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is I'm starting the Chiefs DST in fantasy football this week. Good luck Case, but I'm betting against you and our O-line.
Old 10-17-2013   #134
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with DB. Kubiaks playcalling is not a huge issue IMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #135
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Well here you go, Keenum Cultists.
7 pages in one hour.

Wow... allz Iz gots to say....

Wow.
Old 10-17-2013   #136
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
All I know is I'm starting the Chiefs DST in fantasy football this week. Good luck Case, but I'm betting against you and our O-line.
I'm starting them in one league, and playing against them in another. Regardless, I'm more than happy for a crappy day from them on Sunday.
Old 10-17-2013   #137
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Joking or not...this is why I despise fantasy football.
Old 10-17-2013   #138
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, what if Case Keenum is actually good and accidentally saves Kubiak's job?

GOD. NO.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #139
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

A good question is how well does Case have to play to become the everyday starter? After the bye, Schaub should be back to 100%.

And quite honestly, I don't get all of the "Yates is the same as Schaub" talk? To me, they are very different players.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #140
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy **** the wheels fell off the Yates wagon quick.

Hopefully the Texans have a Case for the MVP?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read