Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

Remember when so many people said the keenum vs Yates discussion in the pre season was not important?

Now we are hoping the kid can save our season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #42
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
On the contrary, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say for the vast majority of folks that are either rabidly anti-Case or rabidly pro-Case, nothing that happens on Sunday (and maybe the rest of the season) will change their mind.
I'm rabidly unsure any of the QBs on the roster are "the answer". I'm reasonably sure Schaub's best years are behind him and Yates is not the answer though. I don't think one game will positively answer the question either way on Case, so whatever happens Sunday it would be nice if he got more than one game to prove himself.

Starting Case does make the game a little more interesting
Old 10-17-2013   #43
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 14806 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

How will we know if Keenum will be an improvement? If he doesn't continue the streak of pick 6's.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #44
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Can only wonder if Kubiak is setting Keenum up for failure and keep him reigned in. A Dink and dunk fest might be coming. Hopefully he caters to his strengths and let's him ball. Here's to never seeing schaub again!!!
That's what he is though.That's what schaub is also,but he want even looking for the other behind route. He would read andre to the slow ass te vs andre to hopkins to the te. There were a lot plays schaub refused to even look at the worse he played. The worse heplayed,the tighter he got. Hopefully case won't be in such a hurry to get rid of the ball that he don't allow the route to develop. That's the problem with sam bradford and alex smiths of the world.
Old 10-17-2013   #45
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admit... I'm excited. I hope he destroys the Chief defense and elevates the entire offense.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #46
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
LOL

Awesome news. I hope he does really really well. Makes me excited to see the game. I think a few running plays to get him warmed up, then some short dump off passes, mid range passes and then, run, run, and bam- bomb down the field to AJ. I hope he has good pocket awareness, good protection and not oblivious to the blindsided rush/sack threat. If needed, we can see a nice scramble, busted play, running back-mode for Keenum - at least once!
Old 10-17-2013   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually excited about the game now. Don't think he's going to do very well against this defense but still excited to see a new mobile QB at the reigns.
Old 10-17-2013   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is THE most excited I've been for a game in a long time.

I believe if kubiak allows case to play his own style within the offense case will flourish. But I'm mostly excited because to me this signifies that we are open to other things at the qb position. If case can't do it, draft a qb high next year.

But case is going to ball.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #49
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes me wonder if this is Elway and Tebow all over again.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #50
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well whaddaya know? A chance for the guy to prove himself.

For the record I really and truly hope my gut feeling about him is wrong and he is that franchise guy for us. Looking forward to sunday.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #51
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Are we trading Keenum to the Jets?
Old 10-17-2013   #52
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
for me it's going to be an eyeball test and hoping that kubiak doesnt handcuff him with 4 yard routes. case needs to look like he belongs and show that he can handle the job. with a bye week coming, i'm not putting too much into his first game in a very tough situation. mostly i'm hoping he does enough to earn the job, and get all of the first team reps during the bye.

Kubiak didn't handcuff schaub,schaub handcuffed schaub. There were plenty of routes behind players that he wouldn't throw. Remember that pick 6 everyone blamed hopkins on vs titans? Go watch it and in fact I brought it up and blamed matt while everyone was blaming the rookie.Would've been a big gainer,maybe even a 40 yd,but matt was throwing to the sticks and the rookie read the db and was going deep.
Old 10-17-2013   #53
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So I wonder how many of our posters here are, in their heart of hearts, rooting for Keenum to fail, so they can be validated. People hate being wrong on things they are vested in. I have no idea why they're vested in Keenum's failure, but you can tell from the vitriol around here by a few that they are.

Hope he plays well, hope the Texans win, and hope he beats out the competition in camp next year. I can tell you that I'll be back on the edge of my seat this week, unlike the last seven quarters of football.
Old 10-17-2013   #54
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally I agree with Kubiak on something
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #55
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So I wonder how many of our posters here are, in their heart of hearts, rooting for Keenum to fail, so they can be validated. People hate being wrong on things they are vested in. I have no idea why they're vested in Keenum's failure, but you can tell from the vitriol around here by a few that they are.

Hope he plays well, hope the Texans win, and hope he beats out the competition in camp next year. I can tell you that I'll be back on the edge of my seat this week, unlike the last seven quarters of football.
I don't think that's the case. I'll take success from a quarterback regardless of his college and name. I would love for Keenum to prove me wrong more than anything else. I still reserve the right to have my reservations, but I'm far more excited about this game now than I was before.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #56
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I don't think that's the case. I'll take success from a quarterback regardless of his college and name. I would love for Keenum to prove me wrong more than anything else. I still reserve the right to have my reservations, but I'm far more excited about this game now than I was before.
You wouldn't be one of the few I'm referring to.
Old 10-17-2013   #57
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Or a Kraft and Brady all over again
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #58
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Schaub is that you? How's rehab going bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah Keenum will prove you and all the other doubters wrong.

If he proves me wrong I will gladly eat crow. The case crowd cant starting hedging now and blamming Gary before hand
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #59
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Are we trading Keenum to the Jets?
If Case pulls a Tebow and unintentionally succeeds...
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #60
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Kubiak didn't handcuff schaub,schaub handcuffed schaub. There were plenty of routes behind players that he wouldn't throw. Remember that pick 6 everyone blamed hopkins on vs titans? Go watch it and in fact I brought it up and blamed matt while everyone was blaming the rookie.Would've been a big gainer,maybe even a 40 yd,but matt was throwing to the sticks and the rookie read the db and was going deep.
you're right, and i've said almost exactly the same thing - i wasnt paying enough attention to what i was typing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read