Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2013   #261
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Mobile QB's are going down like flies too though.. The NFL is a passing league now, heck look at Dan Marino, heck I think Matt Schaub is faster than Dan Marino.. but Marino had pocket presence..

I'd rather have a good passing QB, that understands pocket presence and how to move in the pocket and keep the play alive.
Are you saying now or when Marino played, because I would like to see that foot race (Marino now, and my money is on him).....
Old 10-16-2013   #262
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
The nfl is a business and no amount of money getting thrown around is justification for people acting like ****. Further no one working in reliant, for the nfl or one of the nfl teams should expect to have ice or anything else thrown at them outside of a football as that is far beyond the norm for said setting. You can keep talking about money but people's bad behavior have nothing to do with money or lack there of
Money is the root of all evil.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #263
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Money is the root of all evil.

that may be true but not does mean anything unless you are explaining your envy for all the money being made
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #264
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I thought brining the man here from Atlanta was a mistake. I've never had any faith in him as a QB; however, applauding a man being physically injured is simply VILE. I've broken bones and had concussions and wouldn't wish that on ANYBODY (well...maybe ONE guy...but he sucks) Are you one of those guys who sits back and watches Nascar for wrecks or Reality TV on the off chance that someone get's hurt? Get off your couch man. Go out and participate in some kind of activity in which you MIGHT sustain an injury and if you break a bone of sprain something you have my word that I will sign your cast rather than laugh at you.
Nobody is arguing the fact that it's evil to cheer when someone has been hurt my thing is that it's really weak for a team like the texans to use this subject to cover up their own problems they are having on the football field. The fans have been there for 12 years and 10 of those years were not playoff years.
Old 10-16-2013   #265
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
that may be true but not does mean anything unless you are explaining your envy for all the money being made
Or all the money being spent by the fans lol
Old 10-16-2013   #266
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nobody is arguing the fact that it's evil to cheer when someone has been hurt my thing is that it's really weak for a team like the texans to use this subject to cover up their own problems they are having on the football field. The fans have been there for 12 years and 10 of those years were not playoff years.
Quote:
Or all the money being spent by the fans lol

You should pick another team
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #267
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
McClain reported that Schaub did not attend this morning's quarterbacks' meeting.....he was getting treatments. He doesn't think Schaub will play Sunday (now that shocks me).

Kubiak reports that Schaub's foot today is quite swollen and painful. He was "standing" on the sideline during practice. I wonder if anyone says what he was wearing on his right foot........sandals, tennies, taped and bare foot on crutches, boot or cast........it wouldn't surprise me if we hear nothing.........
I think they're hiding the extent of the injury on purpose

This is from today's practice, courtesy of @KHOUSportsMatt (Matt Musil)

paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #268
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
You should pick another team
This team still has a chance at 2-4 to turn it around and the fans will still be there in full hopefully the players show up too.
Old 10-16-2013   #269
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 5m
Gumby leg RT @DeepSlant: Schaub says nothing is broken but his injury involves foot and ankle. Some ligament damage, swelling, soreness
Paging Dr Cloak. Dr Cloak please pick up the white phone.

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #270
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Paging Dr Cloak. Dr Cloak please pick up the white phone.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=199

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=245

The inversion/dorsiflexion injury can result in extending Lisfranc foot and ankle ligament injuries. And I still do not rule out the peroneal tendon subluxation, as some will treat them misguidely with an ankle brace or walking boot. This conservative management approach in athletes (i.e.: ankle brace, cast or walking boot) is associated with a low success rate and will commonly require operative repair.

Funny how Schaub is dressed for winter. I would be surprised if Schaub was not wearing at least a heavy fixed ankle brace under those sweats. Playing on Sunday?........put a fork in it.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #271
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=199

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=245

The inversion/dorsiflexion injury can result in extending Lisfranc foot and ankle ligament injuries. And I still do not rule out the peroneal tendon subluxation, as some will treat them misguidely with an ankle brace or walking boot. This conservative management approach in athletes (i.e.: ankle brace, cast or walking boot) is associated with a low success rate and will commonly require operative repair.

Funny how Schaub is dressed for winter. I would be surprised if Schaub was not wearing at least a heavy fixed ankle brace under those sweats. Playing on Sunday?........put a fork in it.
Can that be season ending?
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #272
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Would expect anywhere from 4-8 weeks, but would not rule out season ending if not treated with proper rest and rehab.
Old 10-17-2013   #273
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Can you imagine the standing O and the tears of joy?
Old 10-17-2013   #274
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Can you imagine the standing O and the tears of joy?
This is what really sucks. Nobody or not nearly as many people would be happy about Schaubs injury keeping him out if only our inept HC had justifiably pulled him for simply sucking beforehand.
Old 10-17-2013   #275
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post

Is it me or does schaub looks like this guy

Old 10-17-2013   #276
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're ALL frustrated and at the end of the day some heads will roll. Whose head is up for debate. While I'm NOT a fan of Schaub I'm wishing the muff-hugga a speedy recovery.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #277
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post

Depending on the exact injuries, solid modified ankle braces like these (some with solid foot sole extensions for foot stability), in addition to taping over the arch of the foot as necessary, can be worn with athletic shoes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read