Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to start at QB this week?
Schaub 10 9.26%
Yates 6 5.56%
Keenum 86 79.63%
Other 6 5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2013   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Well my choice is obvious. Bill! Someone sober him up and get his ass to practice.
I'm pretty sure Bill throws more accurately when he is drunk.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
schaub's done, yates isnt a starter, and keenum has the biggest skillset of the group - he's the obvious answer to me. i've heard a lot of people saying wait until the bye in order to give keenum two weeks to prepare. i disagree with that. put him in this week, see exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are in a real game, and use those two weeks to build around what we see. it's going to be a tough game, away, and against a strong defense - i'd rather see keenum forced into that type of real world situation than trying to coddle him at home against a weak opponent like the jaguars.
I really don't understand this argument. "See what he's got" It really doesn't matter what he's got if we're not winning. I think there's a very good chance that Kubiak is gone if we're not in the play-offs. He may be out, if we're one & done. If Kubiak is gone, we're drafting another QB & unless Keenum wins the Super Bowl, there will be plenty of stop gaps out there that would make more sense as our starting QB.

The only reason to start Keenum, imo, is if you truly believe he can save our season. With the talent on this team & if Keenum can be our Russell Wilson/Collin Kaepernick, we should still be in the AFC Championship game & imo, that's the only thing that should save Kubiak's job.

If I'm Kubiak & I believed that, there's no way anyone other than Keenum will start in KC. But I'm not going to throw Keenum out there in any situation just to see what he's got.
Old 10-16-2013   #23
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm pretty sure Bill throws-up more accurately when he is drunk.
fify
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #24
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote that we just run the wildcat all game, it'd probably score as many points as we've been scoring offensively anyway and would cut the opponent's chances of scoring on a defensive play in the game from 75% to 25%.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #25
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
schaub's done, yates isnt a starter, and keenum has the biggest skillset of the group - he's the obvious answer to me. i've heard a lot of people saying wait until the bye in order to give keenum two weeks to prepare. i disagree with that. put him in this week, see exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are in a real game, and use those two weeks to build around what we see. it's going to be a tough game, away, and against a strong defense - i'd rather see keenum forced into that type of real world situation than trying to coddle him at home against a weak opponent like the jaguars.
I agree 100 percent !!!
Old 10-16-2013   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates. Starting Keenum this week would be really bad for his potential. If Keenum is worth his salt, let him go against the Colts. The Chiefs would eat him up. They are the best defense in the AFC, cause the most turnovers, have the best pass rush, and allow the least points. Don't throw him out to the wolves only to be slaughtered.
Old 10-16-2013   #27
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm pretty sure Bill throws more accurately when he is drunk.
So he's like Peter Griffin with the piano? Damn it Bill. For God's sake someone give Bill a drink and get him to practice! Iesvs...I'm getting too old for this.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Lechler
Old 10-16-2013   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Throwing short of the sticks is not just a function of your QB. The WR, the coverage, the play calls and a million other things go into it. FWIW watching the rest of the NFL it is common for targets to be short of the sticks
I pointed this is out weeks ago...it seems noone watches any other NFL games but the Texans.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #30
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak.

Show us how to execute.

It's all "on him" anyway.

Old 10-16-2013   #31
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

DAMN IT! I hit the wrong button. I want to see what Keenum can do. If he does well, leave him in. If he sucks, well then we will at least know the Houston Texans do not have their QB for next year on this roster...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I really don't understand this argument. "See what he's got" It really doesn't matter what he's got if we're not winning. I think there's a very good chance that Kubiak is gone if we're not in the play-offs. He may be out, if we're one & done. If Kubiak is gone, we're drafting another QB & unless Keenum wins the Super Bowl, there will be plenty of stop gaps out there that would make more sense as our starting QB.

The only reason to start Keenum, imo, is if you truly believe he can save our season. With the talent on this team & if Keenum can be our Russell Wilson/Collin Kaepernick, we should still be in the AFC Championship game & imo, that's the only thing that should save Kubiak's job.
i think we're saying the same thing, i'm suggesting putting keenum in because he's our best chance to save the season. what i disagree with is those saying to wait until the bye week. a gimp schaub, a lame yates, or a green keenum - i think they're about equal going into kansas city. coming out of KC changes quite a bit if keenum is able to get that experience and the coaches get a better grasp of how to gameplan with keenum.
Old 10-16-2013   #33
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by carr bombed View Post
keenum.. Just for the simple fact that we already know what we have in yates and schaub and the question of whether or not keenum can be the guy needs to be answered before the offseason.
^^this^^

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #34
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum: I don't have a lot of confidence in Schaub right now and Yates looked like garbage against the Rams. For those saying give Keenum more time to prepare, he's had a year and a half to prepare to be the starter in this system. He's not going to pick up anymore of the playbook in the next week than he already knows.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
i think we're saying the same thing, i'm suggesting putting keenum in because he's our best chance to save the season. what i disagree with is those saying to wait until the bye week. a gimp schaub, a lame yates, or a green keenum - i think they're about equal going into kansas city. coming out of KC changes quite a bit if keenum is able to get that experience and the coaches get a better grasp of how to gameplan with keenum.
If you think he's the best choice, that's fine I can get behind that. Like you said though, I don't understand waiting another week. We don't have another week. If we go down 2-5, it's over.

We're not going to the play offs. Kubiak won't be here next year, & that's another obstacle Case has got to overcome.
Old 10-16-2013   #36
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Keenum: I don't have a lot of confidence in Schaub right now and Yates looked like garbage against the Rams. For those saying give Keenum more time to prepare, he's had a year and a half to prepare to be the starter in this system. He's not going to pick up anymore of the playbook in the next week than he already knows.

There is a difference between working all week or two weeks with the first team and not working with them at all. How much value you put on that meh its up to you
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #37
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you think he's the best choice, that's fine I can get behind that. Like you said though, I don't understand waiting another week. We don't have another week. If we go down 2-5, it's over.

We're not going to the play offs. Kubiak won't be here next year, & that's another obstacle Case has got to overcome.
Agreed. Our season hangs in the balance this week. A win and we could only be 1 game behind the Colts, who have to play Denver this week, heading into our game with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
There is a difference between working all week or two weeks with the first team and not working with them at all. How much value you put on that meh its up to you
Not enough value to go with Yates over Keenum this week when Yates hasn't played much with the first team this season either.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #38
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum. Let's see what he can do, even if it is against the Chiefs in KC. It's not like Schaub (injured or not really) or Yates can do any better.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #39
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 14806 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

It depends on the situation:

If Ed Reed plays start Keenum.

If Ed Reed doen't play and Schaub is healthy what the heck, start Schaub. We may barely win in OT, but at least it would go as a W.

Of all of those meaningless stats out there, perhaps the most interesting of them all is the fact that the Texans haven't won a game since Ed Reed took the field.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum and Yates split time in practice.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-69cde1ebb831
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read