Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2013   #1
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default October 20th 3:25 PM Texans @ Chiefs Prediction Thread

Never got to start a prediction thread so here goes:

We lose 17-6.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #2
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: October 20th 3:25 PM Texans @ Chiefs Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Never got to start a prediction thread so here goes:

We lose 17-6.
lose 24-6. Would be 17-6 but a pick six in the fourth quarter adds the additional 7 on there.

We hold Charles to under 100yds and zero TDs
Old 10-16-2013   #3
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy (my wife and kids do it daily so it's probably accurate) but I think we win this one. Why? Well duh...because I'm crazy.

Though in truth it's because I'm hoping our coaches play to our strength which is a weakness to the Chiefs defense. Run the freaking ball. This is the best chance to beat the Chiefs since Alex Smith is not going to beat you. Run the ball, get a couple of scores, and you should have control of the game. If you try to go pass happy with the way our line is handling pass protection the Chiefs pass rush will have another sack happy game.

Schaub is hurt so I doubt he plays. Yates has tunnel vision and will not go through progressions even now it seems. Hopefully practice helps but it was one of the things I didn't like about him in the past and he did it again Sunday. If they go with Keenum I have no idea what to expect because he's the most unknown for field experience in the pros. But in the end we need to run it.

Granted at the same time we've been crappy against the run ourselves. But let's face it, the two teams we had some run issues on are the 49ers and Rams. Both have QB's who can stretch the field with their arm. Smith can't. Stack the box and focus on Charles instead of QB blitz, QB blitz, QB blitz! Smith should not dissect our secondary. If he does then we have even more issues.

Oh and don't get beat on special teams but for some reason I feel that is already going to happen thanks to Marciano and crew *sighs*
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I still need to know the qb. If it's Matt, I think we'll lose. If it's Yates, I don't know. If it's keenum I don't know. I'd give us a better shot with case simply because of the energy factor. He brings more fire to the game than either Yates or shammy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt is QB, we lose 784,634,109 to 0.

TJ is QB, we lose 87 to 0.

Case is QB, we win 10,000 to 0.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #6
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I just hope Case starts, so we can get by the Tim Tebow factor as fast as possible, people in the town are grasping straws that the hometown hero. He just beat up a non NFL starters in conference USA, and then lost the championship game against Southern Miss.

I guess I'm not drinking the koolaid enough..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post

snort the koolaid powder, don't mix it in a drink.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
How much Kool Aid does it take to make cautiously hopeful? I mean, cautiously hopeful doesn't come across as a ringing endorsement, right? Or how about when people just say start Case because they already know what Matt's about? Is that a ringing endorsement, or just hopelessness in Schaub?

I don't see a lot of Kool Aid drinkers around here. What I see are people adamantly insisting that Keenum will never amount to anything and therefore don't start him, and I see people saying what the hell, Schaub sucks so why not? Very, very few people running around saying Keenum is the savior, except for those constructing straw men.
Old 10-16-2013   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict at the end of the game Joe Texan, Bill and I will be consuming large amounts of intoxicants, Corrosion will be pissed off but happy because he's with his family and Cak will be down but smiling because he gets to go home with a hot redhead...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #10
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Prediction if Schaub doesn't play:
Texians 24
Chieves 21
I don't expect a miracle turnaround, just an improvement, expecially if Keenum starts. Also, the Squaws are ripe to fold under pressure.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #11
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans lose by this much
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Too easy, Texans continue to live in pick sixville.
Old 10-16-2013   #13
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Some will win. some will lose...and some will sing the blues!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I predict at the end of the game Joe Texan, Bill and I will be consuming large amounts of intoxicants, Corrosion will be pissed off but happy because he's with his family and Cak will be down but smiling because he gets to go home with a hot redhead...
Where's that going to happen lol... I need to witness this event lol.

Old 10-16-2013   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
How much Kool Aid does it take to make cautiously hopeful? I mean, cautiously hopeful doesn't come across as a ringing endorsement, right? Or how about when people just say start Case because they already know what Matt's about? Is that a ringing endorsement, or just hopelessness in Schaub?

I don't see a lot of Kool Aid drinkers around here. What I see are people adamantly insisting that Keenum will never amount to anything and therefore don't start him, and I see people saying what the hell, Schaub sucks so why not? Very, very few people running around saying Keenum is the savior, except for those constructing straw men.
I don't think I said don't start him, I said I hope he starts so we can move on, I personally don't think he'll be successful in the NFL, could I be wrong absolutely.

There are a lot of kool-aid drinkers when it comes to Case, not sure how you are missing that.

Old 10-16-2013   #16
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Everything about this game suggests we should lose.....but for whatever reason I feel good about this game. Chiefs offense is below average so it will be close. Just have to make plays.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #17
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

We win Sunday and Colts lose to Denver on SNF then we both have bye weeks and face each other here for SNF w us being 3-4 and Colts 4-3. I am not holding my breath tho.

One can only wish right??
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

38-6 them boys on Kirby.

Defense's pride is on the line. They bring it, they don't allow a TD, they score 2 defensive TDs. We score three offensive TDs off turnovers, & the fat hobbit drills a 57 yard field goal just to rub it in.
Old 10-16-2013   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

24-6 Chiefs win.

This game is such a total mismatch for the texans. They are facing a good running team and Texans can't stop the run. They are facing a physical defense and we know for years this team has always **** the bed against a good physical defense.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

27-9 kc
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read